Bruises in Miniature Form

Ronnie Radke

The next morning I was awoken quiet rudely by having the covers ripped off my body and thrown to the floor, my eyes blinked open in confusion as my blurry vision tried to sort things out.
When I looked over to my right I happened to see Max sitting on the floor, chin rested on the edge of my bed staring straight at me.
Instead of my usual scream and dive under covers I yanked them forward so his chin was just resting on the mattress and sharply got to my feet, ignoring the ever present set of eyes following after me.
How creepy could this boy get?

“Hey Newt, you wanna go to the movies?” Max called after me, tagging along like a puppy as I pulled a towel out from the side closet near the stairs.
“The movies?”
“Yeah, the place where people go to sit in the dark and stare at a big wide screen that-“
"I know what a movie is Max, I just meant... well why?”
He looked confused for a minute before a large grin spread across his face, “Cause your mom and Rick think you need to meet new people so I’m being put in charge of that”
“I... really don’t think...”
“You don’t want to go?” He looked almost... disappointed?
“It’s just that I-“ What did I have to do today that I can use as an excuse?
Stumbling over ideas I realised that maybe if I gave him a chance which he was asking for right now then all could work out well.
“Alright I’ll go, what movie though?”
“Oh... Some Alien movie, I dunno my friend Ronnie is picking” he shrugged helplessly and moved down the stairs, an evil grin plastered over his features as he turned a corner and left my sight.

With a heavy sigh I hoped that his friend wouldn’t be as bad as him...
Once I finished showering and changing into my attire for the day I was pulled from my room forcefully by Max who was speed talking about being late.
He was in the usual attired of a black shirt, black jeans and those bullet belts and studs.
It seemed that might have been the only thing he knew how to wear. Black.
The ride to the movie theatre was quiet even though Rick was trying to make small chat with the two of us, for some reason I just felt like Max was giving off ‘fuck off’ vibes.
Arriving was the best thing of my whole day; I practically almost kissed the ground... and not because Max pushed me out to almost land on my face...
I waved goodbye to Rick and trailed after Max who was already inside, laughing to another boy with long black hair.
They both dressed quiet similar, in fact it was almost like they were cloned for each other.
I smiled politely as I stopped at Max’s side, looking between the two to catch the much larger facial differences.
Ronnie if that was his name was actually very cute and looked like a really nice guy.
He had a nose ring like Max but no lip piercing, big brown eyes and a lot of tattoos everywhere on his body.

“Hey Max, this that girl you’ve been telling us about?” He spoke up upon seeing me.
Max looked side long at me and nodded slightly, “This is Newt”
I rolled my eyes at the nickname, “Newton Jasper, and you’re... Ronnie?”
He nodded eagerly, “Ronnie Radke, pleased to meet you”
I smiled quite pleased that he wasn’t a jerk like Max had been the first time I met him... and well still is.
“So what movie you pick?” Max spoke up, awkwardly shifting in his spot.
“New Alien vs. Predator, oh and Robert can’t come today”
Max nodded and took the offered tickets, gesturing us ahead of him, “Anyone want anything to eat?”
“Eh... pick me up some skiddles and a coke” Ronnie shrugged turning to glance at me, “What do you want?”
“Um... orange soda I guess. Thanks”

Max nodded and waved at us as he walked over to the concession stand, once he was inline I walked after Ronnie who was directing me to the correct theatre room.
The lights were already dim inside and hardly any seats were full of people, the top row up high was completely empty and immediately Ronnie rushed up to them.
I chuckled softly to myself as I took a seat next to him, staring at the white screen before us.

“So how you liking Vegas?”
“Well it’s alright” I smiled recollecting my memories.
“So Max said your mom is marrying Rick, that’s pretty cool. He’s a nice guy”
“You know Rick?”
“Oh yeah,” He started laughing, squinting his eyes shut happily, “Rick’s been like another father to all of us, always went out of his way to drive us places and make sure we were fed for the day. You wouldn’t believe all the times he had to cook like three lunches for us just ‘cause we spilled or missed the first few!”
I chuckled along with him as I imagined the scene, “Say... does Max always claim everything as his own?”