Bruises in Miniature Form

Clubs parties come with rules

“SO let me get this straight, you found out she was with your godfather”
“Sounds right”
“So you went there to pick her up”
“Yup!”
“And brought her here”
“Looks that way”
“And now I have to look after her”
“I’m not a baby, I don’t need to be looked after” I cut in only to be ignored by Max who continued his glaring assault on Omar who gave me a subtle wink.
“Of course you’re not but we do need to make sure you’re alright down here”
“What gives you the idea I want her here!” Max hissed grabbing the front of his friend’s shirt and pulling him forward and slightly off the seat he was resting on.
“Hey relax, she’s here nothing you can do about it” Ronnie chuckled with his body sprawled forward onto the table filled with different alcohol glasses.
“The hell there is!” Max cried snatching my wrist and forcing my body weight up out of the booth and straight up into the air where he continued to pull me towards the doors.
“If you take her back you’re only giving up on your chance at Jennifer!” Omar shouted over the crowds of laughter, music and talking.
Max slammed to a halt his grip on my fingers killing the blood flow to my own finger pads.
“Max your hurting me”
“You sit in the booth, you don’t move, you don’t talk to anyone, you don’t blink and you sure as hell don’t even breathe!”
“Won’t that be challenging?”
“SHUT UP!” Max whined pushing me back to the booth and forcing me in again beside Omar who laughed into his drink that met his lips within seconds of his chuckle.

“So you going to talk to her?” Ronnie spoke, looking up from the table where his head rested.
“Talk to who?”
“No talking!” Max hissed at me pointing a finger directly at my face and poking my nose, “She can come over here if she wants to see me”
“Yeah right, which means you’re going to pine over her till she gets up, right?”

Max glared down at Ronnie before sliding in on the opposite side of me, eyes looking over his shoulder as he shook his head.
Leaning over Omar to get a better look at whomever Max was staring at I noticed a group of girls giggling and talking in hushed whispers one of them discretely looking in our direction.
Their hair was all coloured like a rainbow and millions of thin bracelets adorned their arms.
Their clothes were just as bright as their hair and if not more obscene than the attitudes they showcased.

“Which one’s the one you like Max?”
His blue eyes darted to me as his eyebrows raised, his lips twisting into a grin, “Why you wanna know?”
“Just tell me what she looks like”
“Your continuously breaking the ‘no talking’ rule”
“And the breathing rule too!” Ronnie added with a delightful smirk.
“And the moving, or is that just moving off the booth?” Omar added again.
“Oh just tell me which girl she is” I sighed exasperated already.
Max sighed and titled his head back to glance over his shoulder with such subtly I began wondering if he ever did that to me.
“One with the blue and purple hair in a side ponytail”

Spotting the girl quickly I clambered over Omar’s lap to get to the floor, Max’s eyes bugging out as I did so.
Ronnie laughed wildly as Omar helped me over him, amusement laced all over his features.
“What are you doing!?” Max shouted jumping up out of his seat and grabbing me around the waist before I could move towards the group of girls.
I squealed as he dropped us both back down in the booth, his arms gripping my waist so tightly I thought I’d get an ulcer.
“Let go!”
“You broke another rule! No!”
Glancing over both our shoulders I stared at the girl in question who smiled innocently at me, giving me a small wave when I smiled back.
“You had no idea what I was going to do, just lemme go!”
“I know exactly what you were going to do!” Max growled.
“What was I going to do then?”
“Get back at me”
“Aw Max you haven’t been an asshole to her have you?” Omar sighed heavily, eyes pleading with his friend in a strange realization.
“Of course he has!” I answered almost cheerfully.
“Then she at least deserves to get even” Omar grinned leaning forward to grasp his friends wrist and yank it away.
“What? Hey! NOT FAIR!”
“Oh don’t be a child” I giggled jumping off his lap and running over to the group of girls.

Max hissed defiantly and ran after me, grabbing me in midair before I had a chance to open my mouth to the girls who looked up from their drinks and eyed us.
The girl ‘Jennifer’ looked us both up and down before cracking a small smile and waving politely while the other girls laughed.
I suppose Max is good at making a scene.
Kicking my legs back and forth until I struck his knees I bounced over to the seat beside the blue and purpled haired teenage girl.
She wore no piercings but her hair sure was vibrant.
Her blue bangs had been combed over her left eye and tucked back with a silver barrette while the rest of her purple coloured hair was tied into a side pony tail as Max mentioned before when pointing her out.
Her eyes were a soft honey color and peered out form heavily lidded eyeliner.

“Hey Max, whose your girlfriend?” Her voice sounded low key and sugar sweet.
“She’s not my girlfriend” Max retorted quickly and gave my arm a sharp tug in his direction, “She’s a nuisance living with Rick”
Her eyes perked up a bit as she started at me, “You live with Rick?”
“Um yeah, he’s marrying my mother”
She laughed into her hand and glanced again in Max’s direction where he stood nervously, “You sure you aren’t dating?”
“Positive, he’s too much of a-“ I started but got cut off by the black haired pissed off Max whose hand chose then to clasp over my lips.
“He’s like that most of the time” Jennifer giggled, “So what is your name?”
“Newton-“
“Newton this is Jennifer, Jennifer this is Newton now we really have to go” Max rushed reaching to grab my arm again only to be smacked away by Jennifer.
“Relax Max if you’re so busy why don’t you go and I’ll make sure she gets back to Rick’s place safe and sound”
“You don’t know where Rick lives” He countered.
“Beside your place” She shrugged.
“You don’t know where I live?” he tried again.
Her features twisted in a grim smile before she leaned over my shoulder and pointed at his friends, “Everyone knows where you live now go off and play while I make a new friend which shouldn’t be a problem, right?”

Grumbling under his breath Max looked helplessly between us before turning on his heel and stomping over to Omar and Ronnie who from what I could see where pissing themselves with laughter.
I started to feel a little uncomfortable until Jennifer pointed to her friends and named them quickly.
I made note that the red head was Brandy, the green haired twenty year old was Sandra and the two brunette were twins.
That was all I could make out and remember before I was viciously pulled out the front door by Jennifer and dragged into the streets of Las Vegas at night.
How safe can this be?