It's Over When It's Over

Gone Missing

As walker feet walked past us I scooted closer towards Shane, so there would be no chance of Walkers seeing me. We didn’t move. It felt like forever for this herd of walkers to pass. I just wanted to run out and check on my family. It then got quite. Shane wanted us to wait a few more seconds before we got out. I then heard Sophia screaming. I got out from under the car and saw Rick running after her. Carol was crying and tried to go after them but Lori held her back. Daniel ran towards me with Jack. I was so glad they were okay. I looked around and saw Daryl helping T-Dog to the RV. T-Dog was bleeding.
“What happened?” I asked, running towards them.
“I wasn’t bit. I cut myself.” T-Dog explained. I looked and the cut and it was really bad. We didn’t have any sowing kits or medication where I could help him. I took T-Dog into the RV, and grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his arm.
“You’ve already lost a lot of blood. Just hold this here and put as much pressure as possible on it. Imma try and look for some tape to hold it down.” I said walking out the RV. Everyone was waiting for Rick and Sophia’s return, and so was I but I had to treat T-Dog as much as I could. I looked through a few cars and finally found Duct Tape. I ran back to T-Dog putting the tape around his arm and towel, tight enough where it can hold some blood, and wouldn’t stop circulation. Half an hour later Rick returned, but Sophia wasn’t with him.
Rick took Daryl, Shane, and Glenn back into the forest to look for her. Good thing we have Daryl. Daryl knows how to track so he’d be able to find Sophia, hopefully alive. I wanted to stay with T-Dog to make sure he was okay, but it’d be best if I went looking through the cars in hope of finding pain killers or something to help T-Dogs cut. Glenn and Shane returned a while later and gave everyone something to do. Shane started moving cars and clearing the road, as Andrea and Lori searched some cars. I searched every car, going pretty far and I found nothing. I returned to T-Dog and saw the towel was full of blood. I grabbed a pair of succors and started to cut the Duct Tape off to replace the towel.
“Don’t cut me. Don’t want to make it any worse.” T-Dog chuckled.
“Yeah, well don’t move and that won’t happen.” I smiled. I slowly took the towel off and looked at his cut. It was going to get infected if we didn’t do anything fast. I grabbed two towels. One to clean his cut and one to wrap it. I wet one of the towels and gently started patting his cut. He pressed his lips together tightly trying to cover his scream of pain. “I know it hurts, but this will stop it from getting infected.” I said. “For now.” T-Dog nodded and got out the RV and started helping the others with looking for supplies after i covered it. I overheard Andrea complaining over how Dale took her gun and how he had no right. Andrea got annoying, just after she treated Daryl and I stopped carrying. Right after that Rick and Daryl returned, without Sophia. They said that her trail went cold and that we’d pick it up at first light. Carol began to panic and Rick did his best to calm her down.
“Is that blood?” Carol asked, pointing to Daryl’s shoes.
“We took down a walker.” Rick said. “There was no sign it was every anywhere near Sophia.”
“How can you know that?” Andrea asked.
“We cut the son of a bitch open, made sure.” Daryl said. Carol sat down trying to calm herself.
“How could you just leave her out there to begin with?” Carol asked Rick. “How could you just leave her?” I felt horrible for Carol, I did but that wasn’t fair. I don’t think Rick had a choice, but I guess if this was Daniel I’d feel the same way.
___
The next morning we were all about ready to go looking for Sophia. The men made a rule about not using guns, so Rick laid out a bunch of knife and axes the others can use instead. “Everybody takes a weapon.” Rick ordered.
“These aren’t the kind of weapons we need.” Andrea said, angrily. “What about the guns?”
“We’ve been over that. Daryl, Lora, Rick and I are carrying.” Shane told her. “We can’t have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles.”
“It’s not the tree’s I’m worried about.”
“Say somebody fires at the wrong moment, a herd happens to be passing by. See then its game over for all of us. So you need to get over it.” Shane said.
“Why does she get a gun?” Andrea asked pointing to me. “What makes her so special?”
I glared at Andrea. “Well, what makes me so special is that I know how to shot. Have since I was a kid. Shane gives the guns to people who have a lot of experience, not to someone who just wants to hold it and feel better about themselves.” I spat at Andrea. I walked off next to Jack and Daniel. Andrea shut up after that. Daryl then explained where we’d be heading. Jack and Daniel were going to stay with Dale and T-Dog to help out with the RV.
“Aunt Lora.” Daniel whispered. “I liked what you said to Andrea.”
I laughed, “Me too.” I ruffled Daniel’s hair. I stood next to Dale waiting for everyone else.
“I’m not going anywhere without my gun. I’ll even say please.” Andrea said. I was so done hearing her complain about wanting a goddamn gun. So I rolled my eyes and waited next to Daryl.
“I’m rubbin off on ya.” Daryl said.
“What do you mean?”
“The way you spoke to Andrea. How you stood up for yourself. That was hot.” Daryl chuckled. I laughed at him. I wish Daryl was this way more often with the rest of the group. Maybe they’d see he’s not just some angry redneck and that he can be funny at times.
Everyone overheard Andrea yelling at Dale over the guns of course. Andrea said herself just now that it’s not even about Amy so Andrea is just being this way for god knows what. We were all waiting on her to leave and after she was done having her moment we all went into the woods. Daryl took lead. I stood next to him as everyone kept their distance. We walked about half a mile into the forest and we then saw a yellow tent just a few feet ahead of us. We all lowered ourselves just in case if there were people in the tent and we wouldn’t want them seeing us. Daryl, Shane, and Rick walked closer to the tent telling us to stay where we are. Daryl looked around the tent but didn’t hear or see anything. Rick called Carol over to call out to Sophia, to get her attention if she was in there. We didn’t hear a response so Daryl went inside. He was in there for a minute or two but came out when Carol called his name.
“Ain’t her.” Daryl said, breathing heavily.
“What’s in there?” Andrea asked.
“Some guy. Did what Jenner said. Opted out.” We all then heard church bells ringing. We all looked at each other and Rick pointed in the direction where he thinks the church is. We followed Rick and made our way out of the forest and onto a cemetery with a Church just passed it. We all ran towards the church. We stopped at the doors and slowly opened them. There were three walkers. Rick, Shane and Daryl took out the walkers. Sophia wasn’t here and Shane was pretty sure it was the wrong church because there was no staple but then the church bells went off again. Daryl pushed his way passed everyone and ran outside as we followed. “A timer. It’s on a timer.” Daryl said, out of breathe.
“I’m going to go back in for a bit.” Carol said with tears in her eyes. I thought I’d join her, as she prayed. I’m not really religious but she needs all the support and love she can get.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys I have 20 subscribers!! That means so much! I appreciate every single one of you even the readers who aren't subscribed!!!! These past chapters haven't been good but it's to make up for those ep. Please share, comment, recommend, and subscribe! xD