It's Over When It's Over

Barn Walkers

The next morning we were all sitting around eating breakfast. It was quite no one was really speaking. Carol got up and offered Daryl and I the rest of the eggs. Daryl took most and I told her to give mine to Daniel only because eggs make me sick.
“Um guys.” Glenn said. We all stopped what we were doing but didn’t fully give our attention. “So… the barn is full of walkers.” Everyone stopped. The barn being full of walkers so close to camp with children here was unacceptable, but we have been here the whole time and didn’t know it. We all got up and walked to the barn. Once we got there we stood some ways back but Shane got closer. He peeked inside and jumped back angrily towards us. He and Rick started auguring about how we clear the barn or go.
“We can’t go!!” Rick growled.
“Why, Rick? Why?”
“Because my daughter is still out there.” Carol cried. Shane started rubbing his face stressfully.
“Okay, okay, I think it’s time that we all start to just consider the other possibility.”
“Shane, we’re not leaving Sophia behind!” Jack yelled.
“I’m close to finding this girl.” Daryl yelled, “I just found her damn doll two days ago.”
“You founder her doll, Daryl.” Shane argued. “That’s what you did. You found a doll.”
“You don’t know what the hell you talking about!” Daryl said throwing his arm around. Shane began to yell. As Rick began yelling at him to stop Shane said.
“Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction.” Daryl tried to get close to Shane yelling at him to shut his mouth as Rick stood between them. Daryl went around Rick and got closer. I grabbed Daryl’s arm and pulled him back as the other girls grabbed Shane. “Watch your ass, you don’t come at me.” Daryl stood back glaring. Shane started yelling at Rick asking questions.
“Are you okay?” I asked Daryl.
“One of these days Imma beat the shit out of him.” Daryl growled.
“Not before I do.” I said. Dale began to speak up saying he knew about it yesterday and that he talked to Hershel.
“And you waited the night?” Shane asked him.
“I thought we could survive one more night. We did! I was waiting till this morning to say something. But Glenn wanted to be the one.” Dale explained. Shane began to yell once again and as he yelled the walkers in the barn began banging on the wood, growling louder. We all took a few steps back.
Everyone went back to camp but Shane. He stayed to keep an eye on the barn as Rick went to talk to Hershel. I went back to the barn to talk to Shane about how he’s been acting. As I was approaching him I watched him put his hand on the barn then jump back grabbing for his gun that wasn’t there.
“You best leave them alone.” I told him.
“The hell you want?” Shane asked turning around facing me.
“I want to know what’s wrong. Hmm? You actions lately have been unacceptable. Why can’t you have a calm dissection?”
“Maybe if your boyfriend didn’t have to come at me then I wouldn’t have flipped like that.” He said.
“Excuse me. If it wasn’t for him you’d be dead. Do you not recall him saving your life in Atlanta and then you promising to be nice to him. If you didn’t have to speak back to him about the doll then he would have never. You’re the one having a problem with everyone. Dale and Rick have a point-“ Shane began to yell but I yelled back “Don’t you dare speak over me. You’re going to listen!” He glared at me but didn’t speak. “Thank you. Like I was saying. Dale didn’t say anything and we lived, didn’t we? And Rick, he is speaking to Hershel not yelling like you’ve been. We’ve been here for how long now and not once did we ever suspect walkers in the barn. We’ve been fine; we’re alive. You’re breathing, I’m breathing, Carl, Daniel, Lori. We are all alive. Actions speak louder than words. If you don’t calm down you’re going to get someone killed.” Shane didn’t say anything but glare. I didn’t have anything else to say so I walked back to camp. I went into the tent to lay down and try and relax after this stressful morning. Few minutes later Carol came asking if she could speak about Daryl. “Yeah have a seat.” I told her as I sat up right.
“I just had a dissection with Daryl because he was about to go off and look for Sophia and I told him maybe Shane was right and, and we wouldn’t find Sophia, and he got very angry. I told him that I can’t lose him too. He’s done so much for me and our group, you know? We need him and he stormed off callin me a ‘stupid bitch.’” She rambled. I wasn’t sure what to tell her. I was angry that Daryl called her that but I believe the reason why was because he’s gone throw so much trouble for her when she doesn’t even believe there is hope. “Um.. The point is, is that I’m sorry that he’s gotten so hurt trying to help me.”
“It’s not your fault. He would have gotten hurt just as bad looking for Carl or Daniel.” I said putting my hand on her shoulder. “I know Daryl can get angry very easily but he is a good man, with a good heart. Honestly I think I’m the only one whoever saw it. Once he trust you he’ll go out of his way to protect you.” I stopped and slightly laughed as I thought about what he’d do for me. “I remember back at our old town, when we started dating. He’d come into the bar every night. He’d be like my body guard but kept his distance. Always watching and if anyone was disrespectful to me he’d get up and talk them. Warn them because everyone in town knew about the Dixons. All my friends hated that he did that for me. Felt like he was too protective and that a lady needs their space but I liked it. I thought it was sweet. He cared for me a lot and although he doesn’t show it he cares for this group.” Carol smiled and gave me a big hug.
“He is a good man and you’re very lucky to have him.” She smiled. She got up and went back outside. I miss old life so much, but at the same time love has become stronger and I would have never met this wonderful group of people. Lori, Carol, Rick, Dale, Glenn. Daryl has slightly gotten better with his attitude and it’s nice to feel useful again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry I haven't been updating. I've been very busy lately and I've been also trying to work on a Hugh Jackman fanfic and a Michael Fassbender fanfic and some original stories of my own.

Please comment, subscribe, and recommend. Means a lot. (Hopefully my writing will improve. I've been working on it lol)