It's Over When It's Over

Randall.

The next morning Daryl, Shane, T-Dog, Andrea and I all planned to go into town to look for Rick, Glenn, and Hershel who still haven’t made it back. We were all packed up and ready to go until we heard a car driving up the road; of course it was the men.
They pulled up and they got to hug their families. “Patricia, Lora prepare the shed for surgery.” Hershel said. I was kind of thrown off that he demanded me to do something without asking first.
“Who the hell is that?” T-Dog asked pointing to the back of the car.
“That’s Randall.” Glenn said. I guess he was the one we had to prepare the shed for... Everyone looked at him then went inside to talk about why he is with us except Hershel and me. We went to the shed to work on him.
“Rick pushed his leg back up the fence. The shock knocked him out.” Hershel told me.
“What happened out there?”
“Rick killed two men,” Hershel said so calmly. As if he had not watch two actual living men die in front of him but I guess there must have been a real good reason for a good man like Rick to do such a thing, “then their men came. We shot at each other a bit before their men left when walkers came. They left Randall alone.” I didn’t know what to say. Hershel, Rick, and Glenn had some night. I guess we all did.
After we were done with Randall we went back to the house and told the rest of the group. “We repaired his calf muscle as best as we could, but he’ll probably have nerve damage. Won’t be on his feel for at least a week.” I announced.
“When he is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, and send him on his way.” Rick told everyone.
Andrea: Isn’t that the same as leaving him for the walkers?
Rick: He’ll have a fighting chance.
Shane: Just gonna let him go? He knows where we are!
The group continued to bicker so I took the kids outside to play catch with them.
“Mrs. Dixon,” Carl began, “Do you think Sophia was dead the whole time?” I caught the ball and stood there for a second as I stared at him not wanting to hear stuff like that right now.
“No. Part of me believed she was alive.” I softly spoke as I tossed him the ball hoping for awkward silence so the subject would be changed. Shane then stormed out the house scarring Carl causing him to throw the ball weird. Daniel laughed at him. “Daniel, be kind!” I said seriously followed by a small smile.
“Aunt Lora, go farther!” Daniel raised his voice, “I wanna see how far I can throw it!” I slightly laughed and ran further back.
___

Later I offered my help to help with Beth but Lori told me no and that I’ve done enough and it’s ‘my time to sit in the sun and work on a tan’, but really I just stayed in my tent and tried to relax. I haven’t had an actually rest in days. I’m sure none of us had but I’m always sowing up people or staying up to make sure someone doesn’t go in shock or something.
“Hey.” Daryl mumbled as he walked in the tent. “Wanna help me clean my arrows?” I gave him a tired look showing him I didn’t want to move from this very spot. “Ugh. Please?” Daryl never said please or anything like that so I agreed to help only because he used manners for once. I leaned up so Daryl could sit beside me. He took out his arrows and handed me a rag. This was more of a job to do outside because the amount of blood and chunks that I was taking off his arrows was disgusting.
Daniel walked in a bit later and just sat in front of us. We didn’t say anything to each other just glanced for a second or two, but then Daniel picked up one of Daryl’s clean arrows and stared pocking the tip on his finger. “You know that arrow was probably in some geeks head. That tip you playin with right there went through an organ, blood, veins. Maybe I used that arrow to shot throw some dead guys eye and you’re gonna poke yourself with it like that?” Daryl asked. Daniel then nodded, “Wow, see that Lora, your nephew is pretty badass. Better watch out.” Daryl teased. I laughed, “Alright, get lost kid.” I slapped Daryl on the arm and shock my head. “Um I mean go show the world how badass you are.”
“If you guys are going to have adult time I’m outta here!” Daniel said as he rushed out the tent. It was quite for a second before Daryl and I started laughing. Daryl was always good with Daniel but he could easily lose his cool with other kids. It made me love him more whenever he was good with Daniel and I honestly don’t think I’ve actually had a good laugh in a while and I know for a fact Daryl hasn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again I am so sorry for it being so short. This is pretty much part two of the last chapter so... yeah. I promise I'll try and make the next chapter longer. Thanks for reading. Comment, Subscribe, and Recommend. :)