It's Over When It's Over

Bloody Knuckles

A few hours later Rick and Shane wanted someone to “talk” to Randall. Lori begged Rick and Shane to not be that person so that left Daryl and Jack, but Daryl volunteered. I was slightly annoyed that Daryl volunteered to “talk” to Randall so I volunteered to actually talk to him before we bring violence into the situation. “We all know what’s going to happen if we let Daryl talk to him first. So how about I actually talk to him and if it’s obvious he isn’t being truthful then Daryl can talk to him.”
“Alright. We’ll you two should head over there.” Rick said. I nodded and Daryl and I head over to the shed. Daryl unlocked the shed and let me in first.
“Hello?” Randall cried as he turned over looking surpised. “Are you going to let me go? Please. My wrist are killin me.”
“Randall what we’re doing to you is horrible, okay. I’m aware of that. I want to get you out of this the quickest way possible, but the only way that’s going to happen is if you be completely honest with us and I promise you we will let you go.” I told him.
“I-I got nothing to hide.” He stuttered as he tried to lean up to me.
“Alright then. We’re is your group?”
“I don’t know. They are always moving.”
“Randall, are you serious?” I asked him slightly annoyed, “You were with them last night! I can assure you that they are in the same spot.”
“We never stayed in a spot more than a night.” He continued to stutter. I continued to ask him question after question but he wasn’t being truthful with his answers because it was either “I don’t know” or “I barely knew them”. I sighed as I rubbed my forehead. I was really stressed out in how everything was happening and the fact that Randall wasn’t telling Daryl and I the truth.
“I’m done. I tried to help you Randall.” I paused. I looked at Daryl and nodded giving him the okay to “talk” to him. Daryl grabbed Randall by the collar and pushed him against the wall and glared at him. He punched him across the face causing a loud scream to escape his lips. Daryl began asking him the same questions I asked and after Randall’s face was black and blue and full of blood he finally began giving us some actual answers.
“Okay, okay. They have weapons—heavy stuff, automatics. But I didn’t do anything.” Daryl continued to yell at him about what Rick had told us about last night. Randall went on and on about how the group was like us. Had men, women, children. “We go out sometimes, scavenge. Just the men though. One night we – we found this little campsite. A man and his two daughters. Teenagers, you know?” He spoke. I did not like what he was saying at all and I watched him as he make eye contacted with me and slowly looked down. “Real young. Real cute.” He said as he looked up at Daryl. Daryl glared at him and turned to look at him. “Their daddy had to watch while these guys, they…” Randall paused, “And they didn’t even kill him afterwards. They just – they just made him watch as his daughters… They just-just—just left him there.”
“You hear this piece of shit?” Daryl growled as he turned his head to look at me as he pointed his knife at Randall.
“No, but I didn’t touch those girls.” He stuttered, “No, I swear I didn’t to-“ He couldn’t finish because Daryl kicked him. I was disgusted over what Randall had just said so I went outside and leaned against the shed. Listening to Daryl beat up Randall. Few minutes later Daryl came out. He nodded to me and we walked back to our camp to let the group know what Randall told us.
“Randall’s gang got about 30 men. They got heavy artillery and they aren’t looking to make friends.” I said.
“Yeah, and if they roll through here, our boys are dead. “Daryl said, “And our women, they’re gonna wish they were.” Daryl said before he walked off to our tent. I stayed with the rest of our group a bit longer just to listen to what Rick had to say before I went to my tent. Daryl looked up at me as he picked at his knuckles, “Hey.”
“Hey,” I said as I pressed my lips together to smile. “Don’t do that.” I said as I watched him picked at his knuckles. I got a rag and wet it a bit to clean his knuckles. I kneeled down in front of him and started cleaning. “They hurt?” I asked keeping my eyes on his hands.
Daryl put his hands in a fist and then stretched them out, “Nah just a bit sore though,” he then paused for a while, “But I’m all good.”
“You sure?” I asked. He bit down on his lip and nodded. “Alright.”
“Hey Imma go into town in a bit. Look for some random stuff. Wanna come?”
“Sure.” I smiled. I was glad that he wanted me to come. I can get to go out and do something besides be a nurse to everyone.
“Alright. Go get a gun from Dale and let Jack know, maybe ask Hershel if we can brow two of his horse. I’ll wait over here for you.” He said. I nodded and left the tent to go back to the main camp. I first went to Jacks tent but he wasn’t there. I saw Rick walking to Hershel’s so I asked him if he has seen him.
“Last I saw he was going into Carol’s tent.” He said with a weird smile. ‘Don’t be that guy, Rick.’ I thought to myself. I thanked him and walked over to Carol’s tent. I knew what Rick’s weird smile was implying but I tried to think of any other thing than that. When I got there I peeked in and saw Carol, Jack, and Daniel sitting on the cot playing Gold Fish. I smiled before a walked in.
“Hey sorry to bother but Daryl and are going into town. Gonna look for random things. Just thought to let you know.” I smiled. Jack nodded and smiled and so did Carol and Daniel. I left them to their game before I went into the RV to look for Dal. I walked in seeing Andrea playing with one of the guns. I didn’t bother to ask where Dal was so I asked her for a gun and she nicely handed me one. I ran to Hershel’s house and accidently interrupted a conversation Rick and Hershel were having. “I am so sorry. I just wanted to ask you Hershel if Daryl and I can brow two of your horse. We’re gonna go into town. Get some supplies.” I asked.
“You may.” Hershel said with his shaky voice. I smiled and got the horses. I walked them to where Daryl moved our tent and watched as Dale walked pass. I didn’t bother to ask what it was about so I smiled as I approached Daryl.
“Thanks, Love.” He said talking one of the horses. I stopped in surprise because Daryl has never called me Love before.
“Love?” I questioned with a slight smile.
“What?” He said as he narrowed his eyebrows.
“Nothing. Nothing.” I smiled. He gave me a weird look before he got on his horse. I smiled to myself and got on mine. “I’ll race you into town.” I said.
“No.” He said.
“Come on, Love. Let’s do something entertaining around here.” I smiled trying to lighten up the moment. Daryl just glared at me giving me a clear answer. “Fine, I’ll see you there then.” I smiled before turning around and racing towards town. It felt so nice to have the wind run throw my hair and to be on a horse again and to feel normal. I’ve missed this so much and it makes me a bit disappointed that the rest of the group isn’t doing anything fun like this. I looked back at Daryl still riding his horse at normal pace. I brought my horse to a stop and turned around to face Daryl. I waited until he got closer before I spoke to him. “Please. We haven’t done anything fun in a while.” He gave me a dirty look before he hit his horse to ride faster. I smiled and rode at an equal pace as him. I was acting kind of childish but I couldn’t help it. It felt so nice to feel normal and to be enjoying myself with Daryl.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATES... I'm just going to stop promising to update quicker.. I've been so busy! I HAD SUMMER SCHOOL! ugh and just a lot of personal stuff and I am so sorry this chapter sucks!! I will TRY to make the next one better! :) Pretty please comment, recommend, and subscribe !!! (maybe I'll update faster if you do so)
(edited bc i reread it and wow there was errors and I am sorry)