It's Over When It's Over

Us

Daryl and I rode to the end of town. I looked around the area and it was surprisingly clean. I just expected a mess from people coming for supplies but it is a small town so I guess not that many people came through. We stopped in front of a market. It was like Wal-Mart just not as up to date. Daryl got off his horse so I began to get off mine but he grabbed my arm to help me jump off.
“Thank you.” I softly smiled. Daryl nodded before he moved our horses to a parking meter and tied there leashes around it. I took out my gun and waited for him as I looked around to see if there were any walkers. Daryl walked up to the stores window and looked in.
“Stay right here for a second.” Daryl said as he moved his way to the stores door. He walked in and he whistled. I wondered what on earth he was doing, but a few seconds’ later 4 walkers came out of the aisles. I began to panic but before I knew it Daryl shot the closest walker with his crossbow before talking out his hunting knife and taking out the other three as if it was nothing. He looked at me and gave me the okay to come in. I walked in looking at the walkers he had just killed. “Go to the meds and get whatever you think is important.” Daryl said as he handed me a flashlight and a bag before he walked off into one of the aisle. I looked up at the numbers over the aisles to look for where the medication is. I saw that it was aisle 4 so I walked to that aisle and turned on the flash light. I grabbed some cold medicine, pain killers, and some other things that maybe useful. “Lora!” Daryl said. I turned around and saw him holding a Polaroid camera. I slightly laughed because I haven’t seen one of those in forever but as I laughed Daryl took a picture.
“What are you doing?” I asked with a smile.
“I found it so I put some film in it. I wanted the first picture to be of you.” He said as he shook the Polaroid.
“You’re cheesy.” I teased.
He looked up at me and glared, “shut up.” I slightly laughed and grabbed the camera from him. I stood beside him and laid by head on his shoulder. I put my arm out and took a picture of us. A few seconds later when the picture came I saw that Daryl had one of his famous dirty looks as I smiled with a dorky look on my face.
“Wow this, this right here is a keeper.” I said as I showed Daryl the Polaroid. Daryl laughed a little hard at my sarcasm and the picture. I “aww” ed to myself. Daryl had the cutest smile when he laughed. “There.” I said. “Smile like that.” Daryl shook his head no, “please? I just want a good picture of us. Not one where I look like a total dork or where you’re glaring and although your glares are quite attractive,” I said as I shook the Polaroid in his face, “I think a picture of us looking happy during this wins over all else.” Daryl looked at me and sighed deeply, annoyed. “I’m sorry.” I said looking down. I just want a memory of us. Before the outbreak I only had one picture of Daryl and I but there was other people in it. It’d feel nice to have one of just us and either of us can die at any moment. If he went I’d want this picture and if I went I’m sure he’d want it too.
Daryl grabbed the camera and put his arm over my shoulder bringing me close to him. “Smile,” he growled. I did as told and then he took the picture. I was really happy and as I turned my head to thank him he kissed me. He was gentle and soft and I fell into the kiss. I crossed my arms behind his neck as he moved his free arm to my lower back bringing me closer to him. Daryl has become so softer at heart throughout all of this and as weird as it is to say it I’m thankful in a way. For this new Daryl that has become more loveable and soft yet still extremely strong and rough at heart.
As we kissed I heard the camera go off. I broke our kiss and watched the undeveloped Polaroid fall to the ground. “Now you have two good pictures.” Daryl whispered. I looked at him and softly laughed. I grabbed the camera and set it down on one of the shelves before I pressed my lips against his again. He walked us to a counter as we still kissed. He grabbed me by my hips and lifted me up onto the counter before he ran his hands up my shirt. I was so turned on but then Daryl said, “We should go.”
“What?” I asked with my hands on his cheeks.
“We should leave our group.” He growled, “I can go get our stuff now and we can just go.”
I looked at him like are you serious? I jumped off the counter, “What are you talking about? We can’t leave! Is this why you moved our tent? Are you trying to push us away?” I yelled.
“If we leave them I can protect you easier. I can know you are safe with me. I don’t have to be worried if you are okay or not while I’m off saving someone else's ass.” He yelled almost at the top of his lungs. I’ve seen Daryl like this before but I’ve never seen him yell about something so passionately before.
“Daryl,” I softly said, “My family is in that group. Daniel is there. Daniel is like a son to me and that boy has lost way too much in his life and I’m trying my hardest to make sure he doesn’t lose anything else. He needs us, just as much as he needs Jack.” I said aggressively, “We have been through absolute hell with that group and they are our family! Yeah, they can get real annoying sometimes but still we stand arm and arm fighting to stay alive, to protect each other and THAT is family, Daryl. I love you, but I will not leave with you.” I said. I was surprised that I actually said the last thing but I meant it. I need to be with Jack and most importantly Daniel, “If you love me, you will stay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey wow I updated sooner than I thought. I was bored so I wrote this.. I know it's kind of like Glenn and Maggie with the whole Polaroid thing but I've had that in mind before that ep aired tbh. lol :) so please please please comment, subscribe, and recommend! I would really appreciate it and thank you so much for reading even though I'm late on updates and it kind of sucks.. :'(