It's Over When It's Over

Runner

The next morning after Dale’s death we buried him next to Hershel’s people. Rick talked about all the things that Dale was. We all stood together trying to keep a straight face but as I glanced at my group tears rolled down their cheeks as their faces held no emotion. I did the same as them knowing otherwise I’d be letting out all the hurt I feel with in over this lose. Everyone has had their lost and so have I but I haven’t lost anyone like this before. I held Dales hand as he took his last gasping breathe and it hurts to know that his final moment he was in agony. Although I want everyone in my group to be alive I hate to say it but I’d trade one of their lives for Dales depending on who it’s of course.
After Dale’s funeral Hershel said that my group can move into his house. He felt it wasn’t safe for us to be living out here after all. Rick gave out his orders to some of us on where to protect the farm but I excused myself so I could help my boys bring their stuff in the house. After I put down some stuff I came outside to meet with Daryl but Rick came up to me asking Andrea and I to keep an eye on the place while he is gone. Andrea questioned why he picked us and Rick went on to talk about how he doesn’t have his full trust for Shane anymore. Andrea defended Shane and said she doesn’t want to baby sit him but for all I care Shane can do whatever the hell he wants just as long as the ones I care about are okay. Andrea walked off saying she would protect the group but Rick grabbed my hand and was about to repeat the question and I nodded, “You can always trust me Rick.” He smiled and nodded before he let go of my hand. I walked back into the house and saw that Daniel and Jack took the couch next to the door and Hershel took the other couch because he gave his bed to Rick, Lori, and Carl. I grabbed my bags by the door and moved to the living room corner next to Jack and Daniels couch and rolled out my sleeping bag for Daryl and I. Once our stuff was situated I went to help the others a bit before I went outside passing Rick and Shane as they talked. I saw Daryl and ran to him. I have felt so distant from him lately even though we did have alone time yesterday.
Daryl turned around and looked at me. I hugged him and he hugged me back. “What’s this for?”
“I don’t know. I just feel so empty inside lately. I’ve missed us. It’s not even the sex that I’ve missed it’s us lying in bed and you holding me and not having people around us all the time.” I said into his chest. Daryl didn’t respond. He just held me tighter which made me feel comfortable because this is what I missed. We turned in circles as he held me. It took every part of me not to cry. This life is getting harder and harder and I just want to go back to the simple days.
“Sorry to interrupt your guys moment but ugh,” Rick said, “Daryl I believe this is your gun.” Daryl put one arm out grabbing the gun as his other arm was on my waist keeping me close to him which I liked a lot.
“Ugh yeah. Where did you get it?” Daryl asked as he put it in the back of his pants.
“Carl took it. I’ll talk with him later about it.” Rick said as Daryl nodded. Rick told Daryl they’ll leave in a while so Daryl took me to the back of the house so we can be together before he goes. We sat against the wall of the house holding hands looking out into the woods which was extremely nice because I really need this us time. I got up and sat on his lap still holding his hand. I grabbed his other hand and we just started playing with each other’s hands. I’d laugh here and there and he slightly smile and we were acting like children but I loved it. I then wrapped my hands around his and pinned them against the wall as I began to kiss him but then we were interrupted again by T-Dogg telling Daryl Rick was ready to go. I got off of Daryl and gave T-Dogg a dirty look. He laughed and pointed at Daryl and I when Daryl wasn’t looking and humped the air. I hide my laugh as he walked away so Daryl wouldn’t notice. I walked Daryl to the truck that Rick and him were talking as T-Dogg went to go get Randal. A minute or two later T-Dogg came back running. “Randal’s gone!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck at updating.. sorry. Another sorry bc this chapter is so short. but I already have chapter 30 written so if u guys comment, subscribe, and recommend I'll post the next chapter sooner!! :) and I feel that the next chapter is sad !! so yeah please tell me what you think! :) also what u think of the season of the walking dead :D