Status: Semi-active. Update when I can...

Send Me Your Amnesty

Part Two: 1994 (Chapter 2)

Letter to Billie Joe from Felicity---January 1995

Dear Billie Joe,

Thanks for the offer on the tickets, but I have a daughter to take care of… I won’t be going to any concerts for a while…

And Happy New Year! Sorry it took so long to reply, but hey, you kept me waiting for three months after I sent the first letter, so I don’t feel sorry for anything. I had to think long and hard about releasing her name to you, I am dead serious about our safety and privacy.

I sent you the picture, the DNA test, and the restraining order to prove to you that I wasn’t bluffing, I’m not some naïve fan biding for your attention; you really did get me pregnant that night. (Wow. That just sounds a little weird, seeing it fully written out like that.) She really does exist and her name is Amnesty Peridot, I think and hope I can trust you with this information. I don’t want you sending things to her. Of course, she’s only four months old, but when she gets older, I don’t want you contacting her, without going through me first.

Now about the money. I already told you I don’t need any financial assistance. I do have a job and my family is more than willing help support me. Please, DO NOT feel obligated to send money.

And now about your wife. I don’t know Billie… I say you better not tell her—at least not right now—while things are still fresh. Why don’t you wait until things settle down? I say if you know you can trust her with your life—you trust each other so much that no matter what news she hears she won’t leave you, I give you permission to tell her. I give you permission to use my name and the picture, but I DO NOT want you telling her my daughter’s name.

So what happens now? Are we friends? Should we keep each other posted? I have nothing new to report. So I guess I’ll just leave it at that.

I better not see a check with your reply. I’m serious.
Felicity Collins

* * * * * *

Letter to Felicity from Billie Joe---February 1995

Dear Felicity,

Thanks, and happy New Year to you too. So are we friends? I guess, do you want to be friends? We can be friends if you want. And I guess we should just keep each other posted.

As for me, I just had a birthday on the 17th and it would be a great gift from you if you would cooperate for once and take the money I sent with this letter. Please, I insist, 100%, I’m doing a lot for you, keep this a big secret, the least you can do is accept some financial assistance from someone who has more than he knows what to do with.

Well I still haven’t told my wife, Adrienne, yet, I don’t know how, and plus we’re expecting our first child in less than six weeks. I am not going to mess with her hormones now. I’m really nervous, what’s it like having a child? I’ve been on tour, basically since 1990, I really haven’t been home much. I’m off right now, and I’m doing everything I can to help Addie prepare for this baby. Please, if you have any advice, I would love to hear it.

That’s about all that’s going on with me, I’m basically a basketcase—haha…catch my drift?

So I want to know about my daughter. What’s the story behind her name? Amnesty Peridot Collins. More importantly, what does she look like, what is she like?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Billie Joe Armstrong