Status: Semi-active. Update when I can...

Send Me Your Amnesty

Part Two: 1994 (Chapter 3)

Letter to Billie Joe from Felicity---March 1995

Dear Billie Joe,

Happy belated birthday. I guess I should thank you for the money. I refuse to spend it, so I put it in the bank. It’s now her own account. She will be able to access it when she turns 18. I want her to know that I am able to take care of her without any outside help, but since you insist, it will probably go towards college, thanks.

Oh, yes, I remember you telling me you were expecting… be prepared for sleepless nights, stay calm, and use your instincts. I’m sure you can handle it. You’re not a basketcase. And yes I do catch your drift… I have “Dookie” on vinyl.

So you want to know about your daughter… let’s see her name is Amnesty Peridot Collins. Her first name means forgiveness. When I tell her the story of how she came into this world, I want her to give me forgiveness for my choices, but I also want her to know that I never wanted to “throw her away.” She is the best thing that ever happened to me. I love her to death. She needs to know that she is loved and wanted and that I am proud of her no matter what. Peridot is the August gemstone, simple as that. My middle name is Garnet because my birthday is in January. The trend runs with the girls in the family.

Amnesty is now seven months old and she is just the cutest thing. She recognizes her mom and smiles and laughs a lot. She tries to crawl, but right now it’s the inch worm. She’s beautiful and healthy. She’s got black spikey hair growing up and out. She’s got big brown eyes, a little cute flat nose, and a small mouth that is always smiling.

That’s all I have to say. Congratulations on your newborn. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Sincerely,
Felicity Collins

* * * * * *

Letter to Felicity from Billie Joe---May 1995

Dear Felicity,

Happy really belated birthday to you too! Sorry it took so long to reply, been busy with a newborn. I’m sending more money, I know you refuse to do anything with it but put it towards Amnesty’s college; fine. At least I know I’ll be helping a lot in 18 years. And I’m going to be doing this every month or at least with every letter I write to you.

I would like you to know that mine and Adrienne’s first son, Joseph Marciano Armstrong was born on February 28, 1995. He’s our angel. He’s got dark brown hair and eyes, like Amnesty. He’s our world right now. And you were right, it takes a lot to have a kid. Addie and I are doing our best. Huh… Joseph has a half-sister; Amnesty has a half-brother… very weird for me.

Joseph was named after Adrienne’s father. Marciano was my father’s middle name, he passed when I was ten.

Speaking of names… I was just curious as to where your name came from? Felicity Garnet Collins. It’s a very pretty and unique name.

Well I’m leaving you with that, I’m exhausted.

Talk to you soon,
Billie Joe Armstrong