Status: Maybe things are more different than Jeremy thought they would be.

Somewhere Only We Know

18

She clutched the pendant her mother had given her for her sixteenth birthday. It was simple; a key on a chain. And she never knew what the key was for until today.
She presented her driver's license to the guard.
Olivia Lee Moran.
He let her in.
She approached the box laid out before her. She removed the necklace. This was it. This was the moment of truth.
The envelope inside was far less intimidating than she pictured it. It was white, standard size, with simple black lettering on the front.
MCELROY CENTERS DIAGNOSTICS GROUPS
Her heart was racing. It was time.
she opened the letter dramatically, like she was afraid it would explode, and pulled out the folded paper inside.
Unfurling it, she sat down as she read.

"THE PROBABILITY OF SUBJECT A (JEREMY LEE RENNER) AS THE PATERNAL CONTRIBUTOR IS 99.384%"

She expected it to say something along the lines of, "And the father is..." But this isn't TV.
"Wait," she thought to herself, "Does that mean my dad is... no way... no. This can't be the... THE Jeremy Renner?"
She remembered as a child that there was a man who used to come over quite often. She remembered he was the only father she'd ever known. But she couldn't remember his face. And as far as his name, well, she had always called him Daddy. She tried to think. Could it have been him? Jeremy Renner? The two-time Oscar winner and one of the most acclaimed actors in the history of the business? But Jeremy was 60 now, and her mom was almost 41.
There was no way.
As she looked into the box again, she noticed another letter. This one was handwritten. She opened it.

Dear Olivia,
I understand that you are here today to find out who your father is. By now, I'm sure you have your answer. I'm sure you have chosen what to do with this information, but in case you need someone to talk to, I will always be here for you. I can be reached at this number..."
Love, Jeremy

This was no proof that it was THE Jeremy Renner, but it intrigued her. She needed to know. She had to find out the truth. She needed a dad.
She pulled out her phone and dialed.
"Hello?"
"Jeremy Renner?"
"Who is this?"
"Olivia."
There was a very long silence.
"Is this you, Jeremy?"
"Olivia, I've been waiting for this call since I left it for you two years ago."
She smiled, though of course he could not see that. "I've been wanting to make this call for a long time," she told him. "So are you, you know, THE Jeremy Renner?"
"That's my name."
Her heart was beating out of her chest. It was him. It had to be. But she would know for sure when she saw him.
"Where can we meet?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the sequel to Love Me, Bite Me, Leave Me.
This story will contain much less sex than the last.
I hope you enjoy it, anyway. =-)