Status: Incomplete/On-going/Active for your Eyes!

Blood Spells

Elemental Magic

‘’Wake up honey, wake up,’’ I heard a voice calling to me but I felt so comfortable while sleeping that I didn’t want to open my tired eyes. ‘’You have to wake up Innocentia,’’ my mother said, caressing my hair and I slowly opened my eyes even though I didn’t want to.

‘’What do you want, mom?’’ I asked, hugging my pillow while looking at her.

‘’We have to talk about what happened when I wasn’t here.’’ My mother’s eyes pierced through my soul, like an arrow through skin. She knew. She knew everything and I hadn’t told anyone. I doubted Naomi or Kyle told her because they’d never do something like that. If there was something involving me, it was my choice who to tell and who to not to, and they knew that all too well.

‘’About what are you talking about?’’ I pretended I didn’t know because I wasn’t sure what had happened. I didn’t know what I could tell her and what I couldn’t. Would she think I’m crazy if I told her what I thought? I could prove my powers but what happened tonight was beyond me.

‘’Don’t lie to me young lady, you know about what I’m talking about.’’ My mother said taking a seat on the bed. She pushed her long hair to the back and looked at me with that serous expression on her face that said, we’ll talk honestly now.

‘’What do you want to know, mom?’’ I asked, getting up slowly so I sat with crossed legs on the bed. I felt slightly cold so I hugged myself trying to warm up a bit.

‘’Before we get to the explanation part, let’s talk about who was here today.’’ My mother started. I had no idea what she was talking about because the only people in the house were me, Naomi, Kyle and Cam. What was going on?

‘’Naomi, Kyle and Cam, no one else was here mom.’’ I answered in all honesty.

‘’No one else?’’ My mother asked raising an eyebrow.

‘’Yes,’’ I looked into her eyes and she was trying to see if I was lying or not. I could tell from the expression on her face which was saying she didn’t believe me. ‘’I’m not lying,’’ I said.

‘’You were under a black spell Innocentia so if you know something you have to tell me right now. It’s not the time for lies and tricks.’’ She was really making me worried right now. The fact she had just told me about black spells (which meant black magic in general) showed that she knew about my powers too. A black spell? None of the people inside the house could have used one. We knew Kyle and Cam for years so it was out of the question.

‘’I don’t know. We were the only people in the house. I felt sick and Kyle with Naomi helped me. The pain was unbearable and Kyle helped me a great deal till I slept.’’ My mom put her hands on her head; holding it with her thumbs while trying to think what was going on. She looked afraid to say the least and confused.

‘’I have casted a protection spell around our house so no one should have been able to put a spell on you while you’re in here if they don’t have access to this house. One of your friends casted a black spell on you or someone else got into the house before you and did his dead. Either way, we have a lot to deal with.’’ My mother was slowly explaining things. First of all, there was black and white magic. I had just realized that much was true.

‘’You mean you’re a witch?’’ I asked, once the whole spells detail worked in my mind.

‘’Yes, your father and brother as well, and soon your sister too if she’s not ready yet.’’ My mother took my hands in hers in a motherly way and smiled at me. ‘’Oh, how have you grown my child…’’ she muttered with a welcoming smile on her adult face. She was thinking way back from when I was just a baby in her arms and how much I had grown. I just knew it.

‘’Our family comes from witches and wizards, but there are warlocks out there trying to get us killed. They are looking for our grimores in order to resurrect a powerful demon from the world of spirits to the living world. It has been that way for years now, and the Golden Feathers which are the best wizards and witches in the world protect us from them.’’ My mother explained as I let the information she was telling me settle into my mind into the right order so I could comprehend the situation.

‘’Have you realized what your elemental magic is centered around?’’ She asked me and I shook my head ‘’no’’. She tied up her hair in a ponytail that made her look so much younger and told me to get up from the bed. I did as I was told and stood before her.

She made me stand in the same position as her in front of her and with my thumbs facing hers as she said,

‘’what I didn’t know,
Now I will.
My own element,
Let me see.’’


Her thumbs touched mine and a blue color mixed with green showed up around her fingers. It was like I could see colored air. It took me a few minutes to realize that the same thing was happening to me but my color was dark green mixed with brown. I looked at my thumbs and excitement took over my features. I had never seen something like it before and I enjoyed the fact that I was a witch. I wished I had known sooner. I might have been able to fix a lot of things.

‘’My element is water since my aura is blue along with green. You father’s element is air with an aura that shares the blue color along with grey. The same goes for your brother. He’s an air user as well. Your element is nature with aura colored in green and brown. Then there’s fire with red and orange as well as spirit with black and white. Those are the elements and their hues, but you will learn more about those at your new school.’’

I listened to her silently trying to write what she had said into my mind and never forget it, but her last words took me by surprise. I was going to transfer?
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is finally posted. What did you thought of this? Did you like the explanations and the auras?