Status: Incomplete/On-going/Active for your Eyes!

Blood Spells

What Danger?

“What do you mean ‘because they happened to you too’?” I asked him, mimicking his tone of voice but getting a little hysterical. This really wasn't the time for dad to be so freaking cryptic.

“I meant I was able to do most of the things you could do. It’s generic, it’s pass down through every family. Every family has the genes it’s just that some are recessive while others are dominant. Usually your personality determine your ability but sometimes even that’s generic too,” my dad told me as we sat on the couch in the living room. I couldn't talk because I had to take everything in; it wasn't just Innocentia and I, it was mom, dad, maybe my brother and so many more.

“How could this possibly be generic?” I ask my dad gesturing a lot with my hands. I point between him and me and then look upstairs where my mom and Innocentia are. I want to know I could about this, about what dad went through, about what mom went through, and what’s going to happen next. I want to know all of this but something else bothers me more than anything does. “If you knew what was happening to us then why didn't you help sooner?!” I almost shouted at him, if I didn't get an answer now I’d just ask again later until one of them breaks and answers.

“It usually happens later; mines developed during senior year of college while your mom’s developed during her junior year of high school. We didn't think it’d happen to you two so early and we definitely didn't think you two would be in danger. The protection spells around this house should’ve stopped the danger before it even happened.”

“Wait a second. What danger?” I asked dad as we moved to sit on the couch facing each other.

“Your sister was put under a black spell early, that’s why we’re here. Your mom felt it and rushed to get me before we came home. I don’t know who placed it on her but it had to be someone within the house after you got out of school. Any ideas?”

“No, it was Cam, Kyle, and Tia here after school,” I told dad making sure not to pull at my earphones hanging out my pocket. Tia used to tell me it was how people caught me in a lie, so I made a conscious effort to stop doing it in order to lie better. Dad searched my face before nodding, apparently deciding I was telling the truth.

“Our family is particularly knowledgeable in elemental magic, though we can do other things. I’m not getting into it right now though,” dad said when he saw the look on my face.

I shrugged, one day I’ll get him to tell me, I thought to myself. “And exactly can’t we?” I asked him though I knew he wouldn't give me exact answers. He’ll most likely give me some run-about answers.

“I figured since someone filled your sister with dark magic like a hot air balloon, that you wouldn’t want to know about what we could do besides figuring out who did it, why they did it and how to reverse it.”

“Ehh, what if what I could do can help her?”

“Then you’d know when you see her again but for now you need to rest and prepare for tomorrow because it’s going to be a big day.”

“Are we going to school tomorrow? Or is it going to be a mini quasi-magic lesson or is it just going to be a chill day?”

“The last two probably, I don’t really know, it’s up to your mom. She’s up there talking to your sister trying to gauge how she’s feeling and to see what happened.”

“But if she’s feeling well its school for us tomorrow?”

“Most likely,” dad said. I let out a sigh as mom’s footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. Dad stood up and met mom at the bottom of the stairs, “So?”

“No school. She isn’t feeling the best and I doubt she will be tomorrow. So tomorrow it’s going to be history and genetics lesson. Now go to your room while I make dinner Naomi.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry it took me so long! I had a job this summer, I moved, and my dog died, started watching Doctor Who, attending school & am currently looking for a new job but I'm back and ready to write more! I hope y'all like the genetic thing because I didn't run it past Marian I just hope she doesn't kill me.

I have to address a comment we received on Naomi not having a nickname for Innocentia, well that's only because I couldn't think of one but I think I have one now: Tia - fits, don't 'cha think?

Leave comments, subs, recs and y'all love! :) Share our story you lovely Mibbians! :)

-Kayla