Status: Incomplete/On-going/Active for your Eyes!

Blood Spells

The Family and Friends

I walked around the corner to see my parents coming into the house via the front door. They must’ve been just getting off from the hospital, mom as a nurse and dad as a surgeon. They were hardly ever home, so that left the house in my twin sister, Innocentia, and mine’s care.

I was going to walk up to my room upstairs from the library, which was downstairs, but my parents had to have bad (or good) timing, depending on how you look at it. Seeing as Innocentia and I rarely see them, I’d say it was good timing.

“Hey mom, hey dad.” I said to them, as I came into view. “Just got back from the hospital?” I asked them, even though I knew the answer already.

“Hello Naomi and yes we did,” my mom, Annerose, answered me while taking off her jacket, showing me her green and blue scrubs.

“What are you doing up this late Naomi and where’s your sister?” my dad, John, asked me while he followed my mom’s lead and took off his jacket, showing me his white and blue scrubs.

“She’s upstairs sleep. Besides you know me, I like to be up at night, when everyone’s asleep, for some peace and quiet. The library is always tempting this time of night. I was just heading upstairs though, so I’ll see you tomorrow?” I said to them, though I knew it was a slim chance I’d actually see them tomorrow before school.

I walked up the stairs to my room and laid down in my bed, so I could get some semblance of sleep, since it was already 2 in the morning and we had to be up at 6 in the morning. Laying down I looked up at the ceiling of my room that was covered with pictures of places I wanted to visit when I was older. A little while later I fell asleep.

(^.^)

I woke up to my alarm clock buzzing signaling that it was 6 in the morning. I knew it was time to get up when I heard my parents walking through the hallways waking Innocentia up and coming to my room next. I hopped out of bed and grabbed my bathroom things so that I could shower and brush my teeth; I walked across the hall to the bathroom to find Innocentia using it already.

“Hurry up Innocentia! I have to use it too!” I called to her on the outside of the bathroom door.

“Okay, I’m coming!” Innocentia replied back to me, I backed away from the door far enough so that it won’t hit me and so that she could pass.

After I finished I walked back into my room to get dressed. Throwing on a pair of jeans and a red, white and green plaid shirt with a grey tank top underneath it. “Innocentia you ready?” I asked her, making sure everything I would need for today was packed and that I had grabbed my cell phone and earphones.

“Yeah, let’s go,” we walked down the road to face our own personal Hades…

Yeah no, we walked down the road to get to school. But how awesome would it be to walk straight into Hades, God of the Underworld? Most people didn’t understand my obsession with the Greek myths and with magic and stuff so I usually kept it to myself. The only people that really know are Innocentia, our parents, and my best friend Cameron.

As we were walking down the road Cameron came and joined us from his house just down the street from the school.

“Ready to face our destiny?” Cam asked us and I rolled my eyes. We were total opposites but that’s what made us the perfect best friend to each other.

“Really? I used personal Hades, in my mind. I mean he is the God of the Underworld.” I told Cam and he gave me a smile and shook his head. This was where we usually disagreed at and Innocentia would then come in and save the peace.

“Am I really going to have to do this every morning again this year? Being peacemaker isn’t my forte, so could you two stop arguing until we reach school grounds? Otherwise you guys could walk on separate sides of the street.” Innocentia told us and I rolled my eyes, did she seriously think that was going to stop us from arguing? News flash: No, it wasn’t, but I’ll let her think that.

Cam and I were arguing the whole walk to school on whose ‘school’s that bad’ saying was better, and when we could see the school Innocentia decided that’s when she had enough.

“Shut up you guys! Are you never quiet?” That’s kind of a rhetorical question seeing as how I’m almost always quiet, except for when I was with Cam or Innocentia. We both shrugged at the same time and kept walking, leaving Innocentia behind. She caught up with us before we were too far ahead of her and walked with us, until we was inside the school.

“Well this is where we split. I’ll see you at lunch Innocentia. C’mon Cam, let’s go to our lockers so we could go to…” I trailed off before asking him, “What’s first period today?” I asked him.

“Stat,” I nodded and grab his arm, leading him down the hall to our lockers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, the first official chapter on this story! How did I do? Leave a comment and let me know, and thanks for reading!

If you didn't know I'm Kayla (Veiled Princess) and this is my first official co-write story.

Comment, or recommend please? With chocolate fudge and cherries on top?

outfit