Status: Incomplete/On-going/Active for your Eyes!

Blood Spells

Powers and Lying Faces

First period was Algebra, a lesson I hated with a passion. Thankfully my best friend Kyle wasn’t absent like he always did when it came to first periods and we were writing to each other on the sides of our books with pencils. We argued a lot but we still were best friends and that was because Kyle was the only one who never lied. He always spoke his mind, just like me and I admired him for that.

Morning virgin, he wrote down and I hit his right foot with mine. He grinned before he added, why hit me when I’m saying the truth?

I glared at him and turned my head to the other way. If he was going to be like that again, then it would have been better if I focused on the lesson. He was poking my side with his finger and it was getting really annoying.

‘’Kyle, you seem to be in a really good mood since you are playing with Innocentia, why don’t you come up here and solve this problem for me?’’ Come the voice of our math teacher and I turned to look at Kyle. He got up from his seat beside me and said, ‘’I don’t know how to solve that but Innocentia does.’’

I turned and glared Kyle one more time harshly and he muttered to me, ‘’Please? You know my grandpa will kill me…’’ he trailed off and I got up instead of him. I knew he had problems with his grandfather and it was either this or military school for him. I pushed my long dark brown hair to the side, letting them fall in front of my chest and reach the left side of my waist.

I went in front of the board and grabbed a white chalk. I wished I knew the answer to the problem but I didn’t. I felt so ashamed not knowing how to solve it but I hated math. These were the only times I wished I knew Algebra but I honestly hated everything that had to do with numbers.

I actually tried to solve it, reading it slowly and trying to remember the formulas when I heard a whispering voice, ‘’why can’t this kid solve it? I mean it’s a very easy problem and she’s so good when it comes to biology and chemistry. It’s a shame she’s not good when it comes to my lesson.’’ The teacher finished thinking, and then he grabbed the chalk from my hands and thought of the answer.

‘’I will solve it!’’ I said to him taking the chalk from his hands and started writing what he had just thought. Once I was finished, I turned to the left to pass the chalk to the teacher and his face was frozen like a statue. I guess it was that much of a miracle to him seeing me solving his problems. Truth be told it was a miracle to me.

I went and sat back on my seat and Kyle asked me, ‘’how did you do that?’’ His face at the moment was priceless, but I didn’t like that I had to lie to him.

‘’I actually studied yesterday,’’ I smiled at him before I turned my head to the books.

I knew I shouldn’t use my these powers when I didn’t even know how I got them or for what purpose I had them. The teacher made this class hard to handle and I only used this ability on his lesson and only if it was necessary. I only hoped this secret power wouldn’t bring me bad news.

You’ve got to be kidding me, Kyle wrote down again on his book.

Um…I don’t, I wrote down.

‘’You actually studied math? We have to celebrate,’’ he answered and I got this urge to hit his foot again but I thought against it.

I smiled at him with a sarcastic smile and told him with a very low tone, ‘’can you please go to sleep for the next-‘’ I stopped to check the time on my watch before I continued, ‘’thirty minutes?’’

He started doing things to get my attention like hitting his foot on the floor, or poking and pinching me but I ignored him and he finally drifted off to sleep after seven minutes.

Thankfully he wasn’t snoring and with us sitting in the last seats he could easily sleep without getting got by the teacher, especially if the teacher had finished the mathematical problems for the day and sat on his seat explaining to us the next lesson.

I kept on thinking if I’d ever get the chance to know why these powers were bestowed on me and what the reason behind them is. I liked reading people’s minds but I had found the hard way that it was better not to use them if I could. Most of the times I didn’t like what others thought about me and the worst part was when I asked them about the things they had thought, they were lying to my face like I was stupid. Their faces as they lied made me feel disgusted. How could people lie with that smiling face which showed love and care when all they felt was hate and jealousy? How?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I finally posted my first chapter of the story, XXXataktoulaXXX's first one. Truth be told whenever I tried to write something for it, when it reached one thousand words I ended up deleting it cause I wasn't sure how to start it.

Anyway, I hope you like it. Please comment with your thoughts and ideas. Feedback is a must to motivate us, authors, to write more. Please and thank you. ::cute:

With that being said, I leave you to the hands of my co-author, Kayla. ::smiel: