Status: Incomplete/On-going/Active for your Eyes!

Blood Spells

Bad Morning

I stood up as the bell rang, signaling the end of first period for the students. Cameron and I walked out of the classroom before walking down the halls and to my locker so I could grab my books I’m going to need for second period. I’ll stop by Cam’s locker to grab third period stuff since his locker is on the way there.

(^.^)

Walking up the steps, upstairs to the chemistry room I thought about how stupid this class was. Even when I study for this class, I barely manage a B+ and it’s super annoying because I study more for this class than any of my other classes. Considering Cam isn’t in this class there’s nothing to distract me, and I don’t talk to anyone else in this school besides Innocentia, Cameron and the teachers.

Walking into the classroom, I saw all of the seats in the front were taken, and the empty ones were in the back… where I sat anyway. I took my seat and looked at the questions already written on the board.

1s2 2s2 2p1
1. What is the number of valence electrons?
2. What is the group number?
3. What is the period number?
4. What element is this?
Note: You cannot use the periodic table!


I sighed and put my head down on the table, was the teacher trying to kill me? Because she’ll succeed keep writing this stuff on the board for warm-ups and homework. I pulled out a piece of paper and my pencil before writing my name and date on it.

To find the number of valence electrons you add up 2+1, which equals 3, I thought to myself trying to remember the process of finding all of this. This was stupid but eventually I found out the group number (3), period number (2), and its element name (Boron), all in all it took me about the first fifteen minutes while everyone else was done in five.

The teacher called attendance before going over the answers then handing a quiz, one I wasn’t prepared for. I was supposed to study for it last night while I was in the library but I forgot and ended up reading about Heracles.

Did you know his name means “glory of Hera” and was originally Alcides and that it was only changed to Heracles to please Hera? I read about Heracles every three weeks, just about, only to refresh my knowledge on him so I won’t forget.

“Naomi! Can you answer this question for us?” My chemistry teacher asked me, I looked at the board to see some equations and a bunch of words written there that I had no clue as to how to answer.

I stared at the board before turning and looking at the teacher, “No ma’am I can’t but maybe someone else can.” I told her. She just rolled her eyes, before explaining to the class how to solve the problem.

(^.^)

“And that is why I hate Chemistry!” I said to Cameron in the middle of the hallway after I finished explaining how my first Chemistry class of the year went. Cameron laughed like the unsupportive best friend he was and shoved my shoulder.

“Chemistry hates you too, so you’re even, besides you signed up for it. You could’ve just taken another biology course but then again you wouldn’t be able to be a forensic scientist. And if you took A.P. advanced Bio this year that would make three years of taking Bio,” Cameron reminded me and I huffed, stupid school.

“Well now we know for sure who was right this morning. It was me, Hades is worst than any prophecy anyone could think of,” I told him and he shook his head at me as we turned the corner and stopped in front of his locker. He put the combo in and opened his locker quickly shoving in all of his books and pulling out his sketchpad. I piled my books into his locker too and grabbed his jacket and my book we were currently reading in English class, To Kill A Mockingbird, a classic and one of my favorite books.

“Come on Cam, I’ll walk you to Art,” I told him linking our arms and walking through the dangerous halls of our high school.

“Art is in a whole other hallway than English. Get to class Nao, I’ll see you at lunch.” Cam told me before unlinking our arms and turning the corner to finish the walk to Art alone, while I continued the walk to English. I like to read but English class is completely useless to me and I didn’t want to be in it, but sadly it was a necessary course. I could always skip but how would that look on my family’s perfect image? Besides I’m not that kind of person, most times other times I am that kind of person.

(^.^)

I walked into English with a sense of dread and so far into the lesson nothing has happened that’d decrease that sense of dread. Actually it seemed like the dread was increasing and it was making my head feel like it was about to explode and puck out all of my brains and leaving me slumped forward on the desk with the class wondering what happened to Naomi.

I blinked really fast a couple of times and shook my head, wow Naomi really detailed picture you painted, I thought to myself, worried. I never detailed something that vivid unless I was worried, and whenever I was worried something bad always happened. Call of a sense of intuition, and I always listened to my intuition even if it can get me in trouble and this time was no different.

I gathered my copy of To Kill A Mockingbird, my journal, and my pen before getting up and walking out of the classroom. Once I left out of English it felt like my head pain lessen so I randomly walked around until I ended up on the first floor again and walked to the courtyard. For some reason this school had random animals out in the courtyard, something about ‘appreciating nature’ or some other excuse as to this. Walking through the courtyard I sat on a bench and waited for Art to end so I could go eat lunch with Cam and Innocentia. Maybe then something’ll actually get my mind off of my bad morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla here! Hey guys, I wrote this chapter about seven million times before I settled for this, not my best but not my worst either. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm going to pass the torch onto my co-author, Marian.