Status: Incomplete/On-going/Active for your Eyes!

Blood Spells

Major Problem

Something was strange with me. I had realized that much and I still had three more lessons at school. Kyle was sitting beside me like he was supposed to, but still nothing could take this strange feeling out of my chest. It was driving me crazy. There were stuff I wanted to do and that strange feeling was pushing me to do them when I pretty well knew I shouldn’t. I tried to concentrate on what Kyle was doing, hoping that would take my mind off things for the time being.

Kyle held four different colored pens with his left hand and with the other one he took the red one and started drawing on his books. It was what he did when he was bored and I wasn’t up for a conversation, and when he wasn’t sleeping. Philosophy wasn’t one of the lessons he liked and even though I liked it, I couldn’t concentrate on it – not at all. It was different with Kyle though. It was so easy to watch him – study him even, like a subject in biology. Not that Kyle had anything to do with Biology, but my eyes were able to follow his every move and most of the times, I knew what his next moves would be. That was something I found rather interesting.

A piece of paper was thrown onto my desk and I looked around to see who the one who threw it was. Seeing Jake’s smirking face wasn’t what I expected but truth be told I didn’t expect someone to want to talk to me in class. I wasn’t that friendly with most, simply because I liked my close circle of friends.

‘’Who is it from?’’ Kyle whispered and I turned to face him. Our faces were close; not close enough to share a kiss, but still close. I didn’t move back because Jake would catch up on that and it would create more problems for me, and I didn’t want that.

‘’Who else? Jake,’’ I replied and turned to open the ball-folded piece of paper.

Why don’t you like me?

Was he serious? Why don’t you like me? Was that something he had to ask me in the middle of classes? I turned and glared at him while Kyle picked to see what was written on the paper. I felt a hand taking the paper from my hands and once I turned fearing it was the teacher, I saw Kyle writing down something on the same piece of paper I had received, before throwing it back to Jake.

‘’What did you write?’’ I asked Kyle while looking into his dreamy eyes.

‘’Not much, just called him an asshole.’’ He replied and I turned to face Jake. I wanted to at least see his reaction to this. Kyle never told me what actually happened between him and Jake. I heard that they were friends, best friends, but for some reason that I didn’t know, they had turned to enemies as it seemed. Seeing Jake, smirking and raising his middle finger in front of him for Kyle to see was one thing, but seeing Kyle getting up and starting a fight was out of this world. Kyle was supposed to be the perfect kid at school, so he could avoid problems with his father; yet here he was creating problems.

Kyle’s fist collided with Jake’s face throwing him along with his seat backwards and on the floor. Luckily for Jake, I grabbed Kyle’s hand really quick and pushed him towards the blackboard where the teacher was writing on. If he was smart enough, he’d ask her to go to the infirmary.

‘’What’s wrong?’’ I heard the teacher asking, probably she hadn’t seen this.

‘’Keep quiet and I’ll owe you one,’’ I said to Jake as I helped him up, and even though his face was starting to swell, he smiled at me.

‘’Nothing miss, I just fell.’’ Jake replied to her before he turned to me, ‘’you owe me now.’’

‘’Sure,’’ I said before I turned to the teacher to see Kyle standing there like a statue. What did he expect? Didn’t he know I had to save his sorry ass…again!

‘’Kyle isn’t feeling well, can I go with him to the infirmary miss?’’ I asked the teacher and she allowed us to go right away by saying, ‘’Of course, go.’’ That teacher was really kind, I guess that was one of the reasons she decided to teach philosophy. I was one of her best students even though today I was distracted.

‘’Why did you go to him?’’ Kyle asked me as soon as we stepped out of the classroom.

‘’Because of you, duh…’’ I muttered as we kept walking without a destination in mind. ‘’Why do you create more problems for me? You were supposed to be a good boy at school, remember?’’ I yelled at him, walking faster and ahead of him, letting him follow me.

‘’Me? You’ve been acting up since morning and I guessed it was because of him.’’ He answered. So he was worried I’ve been like this because of Jake? If only he knew… ‘’Do you think I need more problems that I already have? I just hate him for doing this to you.’’ He grabbed my hand so I had to stop walking, yet I didn’t turn to him or yank my arm away like I wanted. I stayed there, kind of frozen, waiting for him to tell me more. There had to be more.

He intertwined our hands like we used to do when we were younger and walked ahead of me, making me follow him. I guess it was my turn.

‘’What about the class?’’ I asked, not really caring about going back there.

‘’Screw the class!’’ He yelled at me as he turned to look into my face before he added, ‘’Tell me what you said to Jake and why he covered for me.’’

‘’I owe him one.’’ I honestly replied, knowing too-well he wouldn’t like my answer. His face’s characteristics went from normal to full-angry and he let go of my hand.

‘’No, you don’t!’’ He answered like I had asked him if I owed him one.

‘’It wasn’t a question but a statement.’’ I shot at him, copying his furious tone.

‘’Let me handle it,’’ his voice asked me, almost pleading.

‘’How? With your fists? I’m gonna handle Jake by myself and that’s it.’’ I finished saying and walked passed him. I ran outside and I was glad when I saw he wasn’t coming after me.

I left the school grounds from the back door, not even caring that I left my stuff there. All I needed was the keys to go home and I had those in my pocket. Naomi would bring me my stuff when she came back, as for Kyle; he had to cool his head first. The main problem now was that I had no idea what Jake would ask for. He was my problem and from now on, mine alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what will Innocentia's next move be now that she has Jake as a major problem? Will Kyle do something about it, or not?

Special thanks to Lulie Belle and twejacobbr. This chapter is dedicated to you two. ::cute:

Thanks to everyone who stays with us and read this story as we go. I hope you like it. ::cute:

-Marian.