Status: Incomplete/On-going/Active for your Eyes!

Blood Spells

Feverish

I was in my room the whole time from when I got back from school till now and I was really surprised when Kyle knocked on my room’s door. I had locked the door because I wanted to be alone and think. I would have never guessed that instead of Naomi, Kyle would be the one to drop my things off outside of my room.

‘’Please Innocentia, just open up. I promise to give you your things and go downstairs to play. I won’t bother you at all,’’ Kyle said from the other side of the door. I turned around on the bed and looked at the door while being torn between what I should and shouldn’t do for the time being. ‘’Innocentia, please!’’ Kyle called out, as if begging me yet I stayed there; silent.

I heard the sound of a bag hitting the floor and some books before I heard his footsteps. He was walking away. Then what he had said hit me, and it hit me hard. He said he would go downstairs to play, which meant he wasn’t going to leave anytime soon. Suddenly I felt really angry; so angry that I wanted to break something. I tried to calm down while thinking of other things, like Jake for example. I still owed him one and I had no idea what he would demand from me.

My head started to hurt. It was like when you had high fever along with a terrible headache. I felt dizzy and my body was warming up really quickly. My eyes started welling up, till I wasn’t able to handle the pain anymore and I screamed. I screamed on the top of my lungs while the tears ran down my face.

‘’Innocentia, what’s wrong? Are you okay?’’ Kyle’s voice came from the other side of the door. His voice sounded so distant, and yet so close. It was strange really and even thinking about it didn’t make any sense. What the hell was happening to me? I had no idea, but it hurt. It hurt like hell and I knew that something was wrong, yet I was unable to do anything.

I wanted to scream for help as I heard my sister calling for me, being worries like the rest of them but the only thing I managed to do was to breathe. Inhale and exhale; nothing more and nothing less. ‘’I’m gonna break the door if you don’t open up,’’ Kyle yelled and waited for a bit till he kicked the door. The door didn’t open, not at first. Three kicks later the door was open and Kyle was running to my bed with Naomi behind him.

I saw them as they stared at me, their lips opening and closing like they were talking but nothing could be heard. No noise or words were reaching my ears. It was strange and it terrified me, along with the fact that I was still hurting. Someone was burning my brain, at least that’s the most painful thing I could think what was happening to me was. That wasn’t possible, at least I hoped so.

Kyle took me into his arms and into the bathroom quickly. He set me into the bathtub and started the bath with cold water. I was still wearing my clothes and all, and for him to be doing that, he must have thought I had a really high fever which might have been the case. I wasn’t sure.

The cold water hit my burning flesh and I almost felt like the water was warming up thanks to my temperature. I saw Naomi rushing out and then Kyle’s hand was over my forehead and eyes, covering them. I felt the pain leaving my body. The pain travelled from my brain to my forehead and then it was gone. Just like that, it was gone. Kyle took his hand away from my forehead and kissed it lightly before letting me alone in the bathroom. I got up and took off my clothes, not saying a word. I dried up my body with two large, white towels before with hesitant steps; I opened the bathroom’s door.

The dizziness hadn’t left me nor did the fever so when I tried to get out, I almost fell. Kyle luckily caught me in time so my face didn’t hit the floor. He closed his eyes as I picked up the towel which had fallen on the floor. I covered myself and then he helped me go to my bed. He turned his back on me and I let the towel drop on the floor before I went under the covers.

Naomi entered the room and said, ‘’how is she?’’ as she rushed to my side, leaving a glass of water on the bedside table along with some pills. ‘’Is she okay?’’ She asked him again while touching my forehead and face as the caring sister she was.

‘’I’m fine,’’ I replied before Kyle did it for me.

‘’ You had me seriously worried for a while. You are obviously sick but why did you scream?’’ Her face showed clearly how worried she was, and there was also this frown as she wondered why I screamed.

‘’Nothing, I’m fine.’’ I said to her and she made a face like she told me, ‘’yea right, now I believed you.’’

‘’Can you leave me alone with Kyle? Please?’’ I asked her and she did as she was told before she said, ‘’Take her of her for me, will you?’’ at Kyle. He nodded his head and she closed the door behind her.

‘’How are you feeling?’’ He asked me, his right hand caressing my face as he sat on the side of the bed, close enough to be able to touch my face.

‘’I’ll be fine.’’ I said before I muttered, ‘’I’m just sick, that’s all.’’

‘’Can you pick a pair of pajamas from the second drawer over there?’’ I said to him pointing at the wardrobe beside the bed. Without replying he got up and went to the drawers. He opened it and threw the pair at me while he stayed there with his back turned to me. I got dressed quickly before I got under the covers again. ‘’You can see now,’’ I said and he came back to the bed.

He kept staring at me; his icy cold eyes sent shivers down my spine. It was like he could see into the deepest parts of my soul and that terrified me to no end. If he knew what I felt for him then that was the end of us and I didn’t want to risk losing him.

‘’Calm down, I will stay here till you want me to,’’ He said smiling at me kindly before he added, ‘’Close your eyes and sleep for a while. We will talk once you are awake, I promise.’’ That was all he said before I unexpectedly fell asleep. It happened so fast. He just told me to sleep and my brain shut down. I obeyed him and went to sleep. It was that simple, yet that strange and dangerous.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first update after getting over the virus that's going around in Greece. I hope I did a good job at it. Thank you for reading and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story as well. :)