Status: Kellic collab

Just Another Boy Without a Sharper Knife

six.

I had come to the conclusion by about 1 PM that work sucked without Tay. She wasn't supposed to come in until 3 because she had a closing shift but I worked all day. She texted me nonstop about how bored she was or how much she wished she was working but I was having none of it. You don't know pain until you spend all day with people who only hate one thing more than themselves; You.

I watched the hands of the clock shift until about 4:45 when I was startled by my phone ringing. I checked the caller ID and smiled to myself.

"Tay pleeeease say you're just really really late." I begged while turning my chair from the patients in the waiting room.

"I'm afraid not. I meant to call earlier but I was arguing with the 'rents. I actually have really bad news." She said back sounding genuinely upset. I automatically started fearing the worst, like she relapsed or someone died. I gripped my phone a little tighter in my hand.

"What? What is it? Is everything okay?" I rambled at her while she chuckled on the opposite end. So apparently it wasn't that devastating,

"Yeah, Kels, chill. I just can't come into work tonight. My parents are forcing me to go to a bible study at their church." She made a gagging sound and I let out a sigh of relief, laughing slightly.

"Don't they know you're atheist?" I asked under my breath so none of the patients heard me. In reality, I should have taken my call outside, but oh well, too late now. One thing I noticed about the patients here though, is that they're either extremely religious or extremely not. They either believe God will make them better, or God made them how they are. He's either negligent or ignorant and nothing in between.

"Yeah but apparently there's still hope." She said in a fake gospel-sounding tone. I laughed at her before deciding I should get back to work.

"Alright well, pray for me." I said into the phone.

"I would but..." she dropped her voice slightly as if she had a secret, "God hates gays," she made another gagging sound, we laughed, and she hung up the phone.

One of the main reasons Tay decided she was anti-Christianity was how judgemental they were. Having a best friend who happened to be gay, me, she grew sick of hearing how much everyone hated homosexuals pretty fast. It wasn't hard for her to give up her religion; especially after her illnesses appeared. She was convinced that if there truly was a God, he wouldn't make his own creations so flawed. He wouldn't want his people to have to go through what she went through.

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice my mother had walked up behind me until she gave me a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"Hey honey." She said into my hair.

"Hey mom." I said, clutching onto her arms.

"Where's Tay? Didn't she work tonight?"

"She's working for Jesus instead. Parents orders." I said rolling my eyes at no one in particular.

"Isn't she athiest?" My mom asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"Try telling her parents that." I said under my breath. Apparently she heard me though.

"Well, tell Tay she can come over after. I'll make ice cream Sundays." She said patting my shoulders. Just then the door opened and in walked none other than Vic Fuentes.

"Well my 5 o'clock is here. Gotta go babe." She said standing up straight. "Hi Vic, ready for your appointment?"

- - -

Due to the short in staff members, my mom decided to cancel all of her appointments after 5 o'clock and take some time to do paperwork instead. I said I wouls finish up the papers so she could do her job, but she insisted. She gave me the night off to go do teenagerly things, instead.

I didn't exactly have what you'd call normal friends. It amazed my mother actually, that I had the friends I did. I was determined to help people in life, it was all I wanted, but my friends, well they were another story. They spent their time making fun of the kids that my mom helped. They hated people with depression and anxiety and anything along the lines. Tay and I didn't hang out at school for exactly that reason. I felt bad, not being there for Tay, but I was always the first to comfort her once the final bell rang. I know everyone hates my group of friends but once you get past the judgemental ignorance, there are genuine people that are good for a few laughs.

Unfortunatly, as I was on my way to Matty's house, I saw something that grasped my attention. I was driving along a back road full of development houses when I saw a figure in a black hoodie searching around a front yard. I pulled over across the street, hoping they wouldn't see me. They found what they were looking for, I suppose, if what they were looking for was a big rock. I opened my car door quietly and stepped out, leaving the car running and the door open.

I probably should have thought this through a little more. I was approaching a mysterious figure who was obviously about to break into this house, I was unarmed, and now I left my car running. I guess I wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. But right now all I was thinking about was how there could be people in there. Innocent, unsuspecting people who are about to be attacked in the comfort of their own home. That was the only thing running through my mind when I ran through the yard and tackled the figure to the ground.

"What are you doing?!" The person said, struggling beneath me. He sounded oddly familiar at first, but it didn't click until I pinned his wrists above his head and he cried out in pain. I pulled his hood back to reveal the familiar face if Vic.

"What am I doing? What are you doing!? I don't Care what mental state you're in, you can't go around-"

"Shut up, Kellin, You don't know anything about me." He cut me off and pushed me to the side. Where did that sudden burst of strength come.from?

"I know I just Saw you try yo break into that house." I said back at him. He scoffed and stood up.

"Yeah I was breaking into my own house to steal my own stuff. Makes perfect sense."

"Why we're you breaking into your own house?" I asked. That didn't even make any sense, he's obviously lying.

"I forgot my key...?" He said, giving me a dumbfounded look. I made an 'oh' shape with my mouth and nodded n understanding.

"Well where are your parents? Or your brother? What's his name? Mitch?" I said brushing some dirt off of my pants after standing.

"Mike. Nice try. My parents took MIKE across town for a concert. They won't be home until about 2 in the morning." That didn't make sense to me. Who leaves their unstable teenager home alone only a week after he gets out of the hospital for a suicide attempt? Unless,

"They don't know you're here do they?" I asked. His head shot up in my direction and I swear I saw fear flash in his eyes. He looked as if he thought I was going to ruin his plan for the night, which I probably was.

"They think I'm at my friend Jaime's house..." He said in a timid voice. Suddenly all the macho attitude from earlier was gone. He was back to his old self in a matter of seconds. He looked up at me with big eyes and I sighed before turning my back to him.

"Come on." I said, walking towards my car. I turned around to see he wasn't following me. I gave him a confused look and raised my arms in question.

"You're not taking me to the hospital are you? You can't. I didn't do anything. You can't tell your mom either." He rambled on before I cut him off.

"Relax we're just going to my house for ice cream sundaes. We don't have to tell anyone anything but I'm not leaving you alone."

"You don't have to pretend to care, Kellin. I know who you hang out with and I've heard enough about you to know you really just want to leave and don't give a shit if I finish myself off or not."

I decided to bite my tongue and just walk to my car. I got in the drivers seat and put my seatbelt on. I could see Vic standing in the front yard of his house, contemplating my offer. Eventually I guess I won him over, and he got in the passenger seat and buckled up.

"You really think I'm one of those people that doesn't care if someone kills themselves?" I asked, honestly offended. So I had bad friends, but that isn't who I am. I do care, more than I'd care to admit. I looked over at Vic who simply nodded, looking slightly afraid.

"We'll who doesn't know anything about the other, now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Im really sorry this took so long. Ive had the worst few week evwr. Anyways. Enjoy.

Shameless self promotion-
Go check out my new story You Don't Decide
Also make sure you read Population 801 before it ends!!