Flesh Eaters

Chapter 1

A/n: This my fist Kellic fan fiction so feed back would be awesome. hope you enjoy! ILY <3

I got up as soon as the bell rang, making my way from the back of the room and out the classroom. I trudged up the stairs, walking past the cafeteria, deciding to skip over lunch and walked to the roof. I walked over the edge, leaning on the railing and looking over to the front of the school.
I saw some students at the front of the school slowly walking up the steps that leads inside. I saw a teacher pulling at the back of one of their shirts, yelling that they should go home. Then the students turned to face her and lunged at her, biting into her neck and pulling out a huge chunk of her flesh. Blood began squirting out of the wound as she fell to the ground; a puddle of blood began to form around her.
I stared in disbelief and terror as the student turned back to scratch at the door. I watched in confusion as the teacher groaned before standing up and began scratching at the door to. I saw the group surge forward before a loud shrill scream was heard and crunching and squishing soon after; someone had let the undead into the building.
Realization hit me as I turned around and began running down the stairs. I had to warn everybody before they all died, but what was I supposed to say? Hey guys there are zombies attacking the school, run! NOW! Yeah, that would work well. They would just laugh at me and return to eating. (That was a difference about this school; everyone had lunch at the same time since the school wasn’t that big.)
I ran down the hallway, running into the Café. I ran to the middle table, standing up on it, ignoring the protest from the kids sitting there.
“Everyone listen up!” I shouted above the laughter, having second thoughts now that everyone’s eyes were on me. I took a deep breath before beginning.
“We need to evacuate the school now-““why would we do that?” Came a shout from none other than Ronnie, the school jerk. “Give me a minute and I’ll tell you. The school is under attack and if you don’t get out now, you will probably die.” “Why would believe you?” a voice came from across the room. I looked around the room and noticed how most of the kids had amused looks and were going back to eating.
Just then there was a groan and footsteps from down the hall. My eyes widened and he yelled “close the doors!” I was to late though; Ronnie looked out into the hallway, watching amused as the dead walked straight towards him. “Nice try Kellin, who did their make up? It looks really good.” He said sarcastically. “Get away from them!” I shouted but I was too late.
Ronnie swung at the zombie, knocking it to the floor. It groaned and Ronnie yelled down at it, “That’s for messing with me.” He looked back out into the hallway, smiling at the other zombies. He was just about to swing at another zombie before the one on the floor suddenly launched himself at Ronnie.
“Watch out!” I screeched and other kids laughed at my girlish scream, but their smirks were wiped off of there face as they took sight of the scene in front of them. The zombie had wrapped itself around Ronnie’s leg, biting a chunk out of his calf. He screamed out in pain and fell to the floor; the other zombies lunged at him and began tearing Ronnie apart. Students began screaming and ran out of the emergency exit. I jumped off of the table, running with the crowd, everyone split and I looked around to see that the school was surrounded by the undead.
I turned around along with most of the crowd and ran back in. I was met with the zombies that killed Ronnie, looking at the group. I ran to my right, running straight to the kitchen, some of the Zombies following me. I grabbed two huge knives, feeling sick to my stomach from having to kill something even if it wasn’t alive anymore.
I faced the zombies, counting three before I lunged for the first one, stabbing it into its skull before letting go and the zombie fell, taking my knife with it. I turned towards the other one, slamming the knife through the bottom of its chin until I could see the tip in the top of the head. I pulled the knife out, stabbing the third in between the eyes. ‘Thank god for video games’ I thought as I pulled the knife out, running back into the café, noticing there where only a couple people torn apart on the floor, and some getting torn apart.
I saw a rather tall guy with tattoos running up and down his body, being pushed up against the wall by a zombie, he seemed to not have been bitten already, and I ran towards him, stabbing the undead in the back of the head, piercing the brain. Its hands fell to its side and I pulled the knife out of its head, letting the body hit the floor.
The boy looked at me gratefully. “Thanks man!” He said “No problem” I replied, turning back around to go to the kitchen. I gestured for him to follow. I heard his foot steps behind me and we entered the kitchen. I grabbed a large knife and handed it to him.
“My name’s Mike by the way.” He said to me holding out his hand. I shook his hand, smiling and saying “Kellin.” “Can we go find my brother? He ran to hide in the bathroom.” He asked. “Yeah.” I replied, grabbing the other knife from the head of the Zombie I had first killed. “Lead the way.” I told him.
He ran out of the kitchen and to the entrance of the café. I followed him down the hall, and into the bathroom. “Vic?” He called out. There was scuttling in one of the stalls before and small boy who looked shorter than me (which was saying a lot.) opened the door and ran into his brothers arms.
I walked over to them as they pulled away. He seemed unharmed. “Did you get bit?” He shook his head no at me before I handed him the extra knife. He looked at me weird before taking the knife. “Stab them in the head if something happens.” I state before I say “We should probably get going before we get ambushed. We need to lock up the exits until we are ready to leave. We need to kill anyone that has been bitten and anyone that we see we need to check for bite marks.”
They nodded in agreement before I turned back to the door. I took a step towards it, but it was slammed open, I held my knife up ready to defend myself when I saw that they weren’t zombies.
“Were you bitten?” they both shook their head no. “I’m Jaime and this is Tony. Can we join you guys?” I shook my head yes, knowing we would have to get them weapons. Unless- “do you guys have weapons?” They nodded their heads and Tony held up a bat and Jaime a broom stick that he had sharpened into a spear with a pocket knife. I nodded at them before explaining the plan to them.
They nodded in approval and we opened the door, running out into the hall way. There were only a few kids left and there were blood and body parts everywhere. I held down the bile in my stomach and told everyone that we should stay together. We needed to go to the principle’s office or find some custodian keys. We turned the corner and stopped dead in our tracks.
We found the custodian, but he was a zombie and he was the big custodian so taking him down would be a challenge for us. Just the he caught site of us and lunged at us. We all jumped out of the way just enough for him to miss us. He had his back to us and me and Vic both had the same idea of taking advantage of this situation. We ran for his legs, cutting deep gashes in the calves.
Me and Vic ran as the 6 foot man turned back around. He turned to face towards me and lunged at me, but I wasn’t ready for his full body weight to be on me. I fell to the ground with his on top of me. I put both of my hands on his shoulders, managing to keep him from biting me.
Suddenly the end of a wooden spear was poking out of his forehead. All his movement stop and I struggled to get him off of me. Then Vic and Jaime were at my side, pulling the spear out of his head and flipping him off of me. Mike and Tony then pulled the keys off of his belt and Jaime and Vic helped me up.
“Thanks” I mumbled and they just nodded. “Okay, we got the keys, so let’s start locking up the school.” Mike said and he took the lead. We started with the café, locking the exit. We didn’t have any trouble there and we continued to the back exit and the front.
We began walking to the left of the school, heading for the gym through the locker room. We locked the exit and walked back through the girls dressing room to check for any exits. We ran into a zombie, but Mike managed to kill it easy enough. We exited and headed back down the hall, and into the nearest and largest classroom.
We still needed to do a lot of planning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Please comment and tell me what you think. :) ILY <3