Edge of Destruction

Nothing nice, Father I’ve killed a man, but I had to do it

I storm into my house after a huge fight -that led to a break up- with my boyfriend of 5 years. The fight was horrible and centered around my job as a stripper, a job that brought us together. He didn’t like how in the last five years I amounted to nothing and I’m never going to amount to anything.

Attempting to block out his voice in my head, I head into my bedroom and grab my box of vices out from under the bed and head to the living room. I set up a mirror and set up six lines of cocaine, 3 more than I usually do, to add to the three lines I did prior to the fight.

Half way through the forth line, I started to get a real bad headache and I started feeling dizzy. I put worry on the back burner and continued to do my lines; blocking out the voices in my mind, the voices that tell me I’m nothing.

An hour later, my vision begins to blur as I begin to image my brother standing over me, as I lay on the floor. He’s yelling at me, his voice seems to distant though. He leans down and opens my eye up while his own widen. I could hear him shouting and I could feel running against the floorboards. Just as my vision begins to blacken I see Lilly and George staring back at me, talking about something as darkness takes over my body….


SIX MONTHS LATER

“What are you going to do this summer?” George asks, walking into his living room.

“I plan on sitting on this couch,” I say pointing to the leather couch I’m sitting on, “and I plan on watching Doctor Who on that TV.” I point to his flat screen placed on the wall. He just rolls his eyes before grabbing the TV remote just as the 9th Doctor begins to regenerate and turns it off.

“I have other plans for you.” He states, causing me to roll my eyes. “Seeing as I can’t trust you not to get in trouble while I’m gone, you and Lilly are going on tour with us.” I just roll my eyes again at his suggestion. “Come on, you loved going on tour with us in the beginning and your best friend is coming with us.”

“I haven’t fully forgiven her about spilling my little secret.” I mutter, causing George to sigh.

“She was only looking out for you,” he defends her, “you can’t hold that against her. She loves you like a sister. You’d be dead if she didn’t tell me.”

“I know.” I sigh, “I’m not exactly happy about going on tour with you though. It’s bad enough there is temptation for me here, it’s going to be so much worse on the road.”

“But you’ll have six guys along with our crew looking out for you.” He points out, “we’re not going to let you self-destruct again.”

“Great I have six babysitters that can barely take care of themselves,” I say sarcastically.

“Sarcasm isn’t needed.” He mutters, glaring at me. “You’re going whether you want to or not. Lilly should be over within the hour to help you pack.” I just roll my eyes before getting up off the couch and tread to my room. Once there, I slam the door before turning on my iHome; blaring Wild Boy by MGK. I kick my cats Motley and Crue off my bed before plopping down onto it, procrastinating on packing. This is going to be one long ass tour…

George

I got into a fight with Asia and watched her storm off with Ava in her arms. It’s been twenty minutes since then when I hear a frantic knock on my door. A string of curse words flow from my lips as I pad towards the door. I open it up and see a frantic Lilly standing there. Lilly has been Aria’s friend since the beginning of time so I know whenever she gets this look, something is wrong with Aria.

“What’s wrong?” I ask as I let her in.

“Aria got into a fight with Ryan today,” she informs me, “I think she might do something stupid.”

“Aria isn’t suicidal, Lilly.” I remind her, “plus her and that douche bag always fight.”

“George, this fight was different from what I heard. He said stuff that’s a real low blow for her. I’m afraid she’s going to do something to take the edge off of that.”

“She’s not into drugs is she?” I ask, feeling stupid that I don’t know if my sister is into drugs or not.”

“Ryan got her into doing cocaine and at first I thought it was just a once or twice a thing but now I’m not so sure.” She confesses, “George, I’m scared…


The night I found my sister half alive was the worst night of my life. I remember her eyes rolling into the back of her skull and her shallow breathing and slow pulse. Thinking back to earlier that day, there were signs; all the signs of a cocaine overdose and I missed it.

“You’ve got to stop blaming yourself.” A voice states, snapping me out of my trance and self-loathing.

I look up and see Lilly standing there with two duffel bags, “she’s up stairs packing.” I inform her, she just nods her head before sitting down on the couch next to me.

“You’re doing the right thing, whether you believe it or not.” She tells me, “Aria is going to thank you for this. I’m sure of it.” She smiles before going upstairs to kick Aria’s ass into gear. A sigh escapes my lips as I bury my face into my hands. I just hope Lilly is right about this. I hope I’m doing the right thing…
♠ ♠ ♠
Aria

chapter title credit: D3MONS by MGK ft DMX

comment&subscribe? Looking for girlfriends Danny, Dylan Jordon and Jorel are open. Message me if you are interested. This will get better, I promise.