Edge of Destruction

Break you down, now put it back together again

“I don’t think he will let me drink Lilly…”

“Just one?” I watched as Aria shook her head motioning over to where George was sitting with his eyes locked on us. I knew he was good at doing the whole over protective brother thing but I had no idea the extent of how far it went. I sighed before attempting to down both the shots of Jack I had just purchased as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Jordon shaking his head before reaching over as he grabbed both of the shots from my hands.

“No… if she stays sober, so do you.” Aria gave me a smile to that as Jorel approached us. “Here…” I watched as Jordon handed him a shot before they cheered and gulped them down.

“You owe me for those!” the only response I got was laughter from them both as they chuckled and shook their heads.

“We got stuck on baby-sitting duty tonight… and probably the rest of tour so you owed us.” I wanted badly to say something but Aria had grabbed my arm and lead me into the middle of dance floor once more.

“Don’t let the lames ruin our night!” I playfully rolled my eyes as another catchy upbeat song filled the speakers as we danced. At least she was trying to look on the positive side. I wanted to know where I signed up for a tour of no drinking; sure I wasn’t a lush but a drink every now and then especially when we were out was nice…

“I’m sorry you can’t drink because I’m here… “ I stopped dancing long enough to pull Aria into a hug.

“It’s not that baby girl, don’t think that.” She nodded before we continued to dance and sway to the music, but it wasn’t long before she was tapping my shoulder I stopped dancing and turned around to see her pointing up toward the balcony where the guys still were. “What?”

“See that guy?” I looked up and nodded seeing her point up to a man who was leaning over the balcony it was the guy we had just been sitting with a while ago.

“What about him?” she only smiled at me before grabbing my hands. “I want him.”
Before I had time to react she had started dragging me away from the dance floor and back to the balcony area. She let go of my hands once we had made our way up the stairs as she took a stand next to Colson. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes as I began to look through the people trying to find George.

“Looking for someone?” I felt my heart jump as I turned and seen George standing behind me with a drink. He smiled at me softly before handing me the drink in his hand. “Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you Lilly.” I only nodded as I took a drink from the glass he had handed me, just as surprised when he had scared me that there was alcohol in the glass. I looked up at him with confusion as he gave me a soft nod.

‘Don’t let her know I gave you a drink, I don’t want her thinking I’m playing favorites.” I nodding before taking a sip as I sat down with George at the table amongst the other guys. I kept glancing at him but noticing that he was watching Aria and Colson leaning against the balcony. I didn’t know what they were talking about but judging by how many times her hand had touched his arm could sense George had picked up on it. “Who does he think he is…”

My attention turned to George as he slid another drink my way before I started drinking it as I gave him a strange look. “She is having fun Gee just trust her.” I could sense he was tensing up as I pressed my hand gently to his own. He looked at me for a moment before pulling his hand away, which I had to admit hurt.

“She is my sister and I am supposed to protect her punks like him… just I like I should have protected her from Ryan in the first place.” It soon became clear that George wasn’t going to give this kid a chance with Aria because before I could say a word to him he was standing from the table as he made his way over toward Aria, grabbing her by her arm. I couldn’t hear the words exchanged between them but judging by Colson trying to get in between it I could tell it wasn’t getting pretty. George pushed Colson away from him, not in a threatening manner as he continued to talk to Aria. I could tell by his body language and hers he was upsetting her.

I finished my drink before standing up and making my way over to them, seeing as it hadn’t stopped.

“I am not a fucking child George, okay I fucked up okay… stop treating me like I don’t know that!”

“You don’t know that Aria, you don’t know what’s good and what bad for you!”

“And you do George! You’re a failure as boyfriend, lately you fail at being a father… and now you fail at being a brother.” I felt the sting for George on Aria’s words, but she couldn’t be held accountable for them, George had been harsh on her lately and she was letting him know it. I find myself torn as I watched Aria storm away from us, Colson following behind her as I watched George grip the railing of the balcony. My instinct told me to go with Aria but my heart kept me there with George. I didn’t know what to say as I pressed my hand gently to his back, this time he didn’t move away from me. Matt moved past me as he nodded before taking himself down the balcony with Kacey in tow.

“We’ll go find her.”

I leaned against the balcony as I rested my head against George’s shoulder. “You’re not a failure Gee, and you know she didn’t mean it…” he didn’t respond to my statement but instead looked up at me as he sighed.

“You wanna take me home?” I slowly nodded before grabbing my purse from the table as I held my hand out for George to take. He gave me a soft smile before grabbing it as we said goodnight to the rest of the guys and headed toward the exit of the club.
Our drive was silent, mostly because he was too drunk to drive and I had been slightly buzzed so I was focusing on the road as much as I could. The only time he did speak was to thank me. Once I had pulled into his driveway he sighed before climbing out as I parked the escalade and turned the engine off before climbing out as well.

“You might as well crash here tonight considering we leave early tomorrow morning.” I nodded before following him up to the door as he opened it. I think he was hoping Aria was going to be home but to both our surprise she wasn’t. I knew he was worried when he pulled out his phone, which I quickly snatched from his hands, knowing he was going to call her.

“Give it back Lilly” I shook my head no as I held it high above my head, even with my heels it was useless as George still towered over me by at least four inches. As his body came closer to mine, his hand reaching to grab the phone that I would let go of, it happened. His eyes looked into mine as found myself spilling the words out. “Kiss me…”
George

I don’t know what made me do it, maybe deep down somewhere, I truly wanted to… maybe I was just waiting for her to say the words. kiss me I slowly stepped toward her, making her step back cautiously until she gasped softly, her back coming in contact with the wall behind her.

“What was that?” her breathing was heavy as she sighed, biting her lip slowly as I brought my hands gently to her cheeks, which burned with embarrassment.

“…Kiss me…” I smiled before leaning down as I pressed my lips gently against hers. The shock slowly subsided as she grabbed my wrists with her small hands pulling herself upward toward my lips. It was sweet, the touch the soft delicate lips against mine as I kissed her deeper. Everything became all too real as I remembered who I was in fact kissing, which caused me to pull away.

“Lilly…. I can’t do this…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Lilly

title Credit goes to Hollywood Undead "Another way out"

Sorry it took so long for me to update I'm a lame, but love me, love us and leave a comment?