Edge of Destruction

I know this is love but, if I tell the world I'll never say enough

The next morning I am up surprisingly early considering last night’s events. I kept playing in my head what happened between George and me, and I didn’t mean to come onto him; I don’t even know how I could have been so stupid. I wish I could have said I regretted it but I didn’t. I climbed off the couch before walking across the room to where my duffel bags were so I could grab a change of clothes. I was going to take advantage that I could take a shower today and feel clean, because lord knows living on a tour bus with six other guys for the next few months was going to hell.

I showered quickly hoping to not wake anyone up as I washed my body and face before moving to my hair. The water felt nice as I rested my head against the wall of the shower allowing the water to pour down my back. He actually kissed you… I sighed biting my lip as I tilted my head up letting the water rinse down my body. I didn’t know why I was putting so much thought on last night, sure I kissed George… but we were both drinking so he probably didn’t remember, but what if he did.

A loud knock on the bath room door startled me from my thoughts as I rinsed myself off and turned off the shower before stepping out and wrapping my body in a towel. As soon as I opened the door I could feel my face burning red as George stood before me with nothing but a pair of boxers.

“What the fuck are you doing up so early?” sleep was still present in his voice as he pushed his way into the bath room.

“I figured I would shower before everyone woke up…” he turned around and faced me before it was he who was blushing.

“My bad, I just have to take a piss.” I nodded before stepping out of the bath room and shut the door as I leaned against the wall waiting for him to finish. After only a few moments the door opened back up as he stepped out and looked at me for a moment. “About last night…” I could feel my heart racing as I found it hard to breathe. “It’s not you Lilly… it’s just with Aria, and everything that’s going on with tour and Asia… the timing is just bad.”

I stared at him blankly before slowly nodding as I let it sink in what he had said.

“It’s not you… its me.” he gave me a sympathetic grin before heading back down the hall to his room as I walked back into the bath room and shut the door. I let the towel drop as I started brushing my hair, talking to myself in a low whisper.

“What the hell does he mean ‘It’s not me, it’s him’ that sounds like something you tell someone when you just aren’t into them. I mean of course I didn’t think we would run away and get married but what the fuck does that mean…” I sighed becoming more frustrated as I played the conversation out in my head again, as I dried my hair and pulled it off to one shoulder before getting dressed. A second knock came on the door as I sighed setting down my lip stick to open it to see a sleepy Aria, adorning a cast on her wrist that frightened me.

“What the fuck happened?”

“Talk, about it later… I need you out I got to pee and shower.” I nodded before grabbing my shit and heading out of the bath room as she shut the door. She seemed angry with me which I didn’t understand until I heard her as I walked away. “I would love you dearly if you made me some coffee!” I smiled before heading downstairs to find George in the kitchen rummaging through the fridge.

“Looking for something?” Judging by how fast he snapped his head up, hitting it on the freezer door I could say that I startled him.

“Jesus Christ why did you scare me like that.” I shrugged before heading over to the cupboard as I opened it and grabbed two cups for coffee. “You want to make that one more?” I looked over my shoulder to find that he had went back to looking through the fridge as I nodded before grabbing one more glass. I started the coffee before looking back to see that whatever he had been looking for still hadn’t been found.

“Are you hungry?” He only nodded before shutting the fridge, which confused me. “It may just be me but when people are hungry they generally cook food…” he laughed sarcastically before leaning against the counter.

“Too tired.” I rolled my eyes before opening the fridge as I grabbed some eggs and the tub of butter before shutting the fridge as I made my way over to the stove. Luckily being here often I learned where everything was… hell if anything I knew George’s kitchen better than he did; so while the coffee brewed I decided it would nice to make some eggs.
“I’m sorry but what the fuck is with those jeans?” I turned around and looked at George as he still continued to lean up against the counter.

“What’s wrong with them?” I glanced down at my jeans before shaking my head as I flipped the scrambled eggs.

“I can practically see your entire ass.” I rolled my eyes as I glanced back at him.

“Bull shit, it covers my ass… and why are you staring?” I watch a small blush rise to his cheeks as he made his way over to me.

“Do you need any help?” I couldn’t help but chuckle at his attempt to change the subject.

“Yeah make us some toast.” He nodded before grabbing the loaf of bread from the counter as he started to make some toast.

“Lilly?” I looked up at him as he took a piece of toast in his hand and buttered it.

“Yeah George?”

“I meant what I said…” I turned off the stove as I reached past George to grab a serving plate from the cupboard, before piling the scrambled eggs onto it.

“About…” he moved closer to me as he took the plate from my hands, his own resting on top of mine.

“About timing… I just don’t want you to you think that… well I don’t want you to think that I only look at you as Aria’s friend… things right now are just hectic in my life, and I need someone that I can depend on, and right now that’s you.” My heart seemed to be racing again as he leaned in, but to my surprise he pressed his lips gently against my cheek before pulling away. “Thank you Lilly…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Lilly

Title "Chasing Pavements" by Adele.