Status: In Progress

The Scars on Your Heart

Update

Hi there! While normally during a wait like this we'd be frozen in time, Max (our writer) sent us to give you all a message.

A fucking stupid one, at that. What's taking him so long?

Shut the fuck up, Josh, you know what's taking him so long. You see, Max is a lot like me, in the aspects of the schizophrenia and depression. He also has severe anxiety. His depression and anxiety are getting much worse as the days go by, and his schizophrenia paid him a nice long visit as well. Luckily that aspect is under control for now with medication, but he told us that he feels kind of stuck in time, like we would be if he hadn't plucked us out of our universe and dropped us into yours for the time being.

It shouldn't be that hard to write yourself through your depression, right? Doing fun things can stop it. That's what they taught us in group.

Yeah, but this time, that's not the case. Max's depression has gotten to the point that he wants to stay in bed all the time and sleep. As some of my lyrics say, sleep is just a cousin of death. In some cases of depression, the victim is lethargic and doesn't have motivation to do basically anything. His anxiety is making him nervous to write, as well, so he's strayed away from it for the time being. While on Tumblr he was doing prompts to try and get him out of what he thought was writer's block, he realized it wasn't just writer's block and it was his demons wrapping their fingers around his throat and leaving him paralyzed. So even small prompts are hard to write now.

Well, I hope he gets out of it soon, because I'm sick of laying on my fucking bed! Come on, Max!

I hope he gets out of it, too, and so does he. He's just having a hard time right now. Some of the next chapter is written, but it may be another week or two before it's a finished product.

We hope you understand and we thank you for staying patient with him. This has been a rocky journey for all of us, especially the ones who are awaiting a new chapter. But nevertheless, we hope you stick with us and allow Max the time he needs for recovery.

Yeah, thanks, and please don't leave. It's going to take some time.

Thank you for listening, and goodbye!

Love,
Oliver Sykes and Josh Franceschi