Status: Active, but this will only be a short story.

Our Convenient Downfall

After parties

The families all had a look of humiliation. Gone were the lavish balls that would last days and be talked about for months, the party goers were not revelling in their success, instead they were licking their wounds and trying to stop more rifts. The party was not loud, instead small groups were formed talking quietly, aligning themselves through marriage.

Quickly after the demise of Tom Riddle, for he was just a man, the young unmarried purebloods quickly began to pair up. Now only a few months later only a few remained single, including the once great Draco Malfoy.

When Georgiana Rowle and her mother entered the already quiet room became silent, whispered words of "cowards" and "traitor" travelled around the room. Both woman were beautiful, Georgiana had on a long beautiful deep red dress, she was advertising. Her dark brown hair was over one shoulder, allowing the low cut back to be seen. Georgiana frowned, she hated this, every month there was a new engagement party where all of the singles scurried around the room trying to align their family with another great family.

The Rowle family name now held as much gravitas as the Malfoys did. The Malfoys may have ran from the battlefield but at least they went somewhat willingly. Georgiana's father had been practically forced to join the Death Eaters and on the day of the "Battle of Hogwarts" was dragged from his home by the Dark Lord himself and made to attend. When Harry Potter did not initially appear Thorfinn Rowle was called forward by the Dark Lord and ripped to pieces in front of the other Death Eaters. His example made them all fight that little bit harder, they all wanted to show just how dedicated to the cause they were.

Draco Malfoy sighed standing by his parents as they nudged him, every Pureblood was worried about the tainting of their bloodline, his were no different and the list of single Purebloods was dwindling fast. In the room there were currently three single girls, Georgiana was the prettiest. He casually walked over.

"Evening Miss Rowle." He stood beside her as she ignored him, she scanned the room taking in potential partners.

"Go away Malfoy." She scowled, it wasn't unusual, nobody at the party was smiling.

"We need to talk." He took hold of her wrist and gently led her away to a corner.

"No." She said as she turned to look at him.

"I am only talking."

"Do you think I'm stupid? Our family's names are both dirt, I am not aligning myself with you." He smirked slightly.

"Do you really think you will convince a noble family to take you, everyone knows about your Father."

"Yes I know that! They will when I play the damsel in distress, oh my poor Father was so scared, he believed in the Dark Lord but he was old, he feared he wouldn't survive. My Mother and I are ruined." She went into a higher pitched voice and Malfoy smirked wider.

"So who have you set your sights on?" Georgiana turned and motioned over to a tall dark haired boy. "You have no chance. I heard he is already engaged to someone from Durmstrang. You know our families can only come back if we are attached, you need us as much as we regrettably need you." He put his hand over his Dark Mark under his sleeve. "You need to align yourselves with someone who had power."

"Malfoy your family fell from power a long time ago. Our families are like two broken broomsticks, strapping us together won't help us fly, it will only bring us down quicker. Finally, that "she pointed to his arm, "is not a sign of power, just stupid men who can only follow, not lead. That mark is the stupidest thing around and those who wear it only advertise their lack of brains." With that she moved away from him and headed over to the dark haired boy, trying to make herself look happier.

~~

It had been a month since the last engagement party, the same silence fell across the room when Georgiana and her Mother entered the room. This time they were celebrating the dark haired boys engagement. Draco Malfoy smirked as he walked over to her.

"Congratulations on your, oh sorry, you didn't get him did you?" Her Mother had left her, off to do some negotiating.

"Piss off. I already have a new suitor, a confirmed one. Next party will be mine." He moved in closer to her, she was always so serious looking, however nowadays every Pureblood looked serious.

"That's not very ladylike" he whispered. "So who is the lucky man, who are you leeching onto?" She turned to face him and smirked for a second.

"Levi Savinkov." Draco scoffed.

"I'm sure you will make a lovely second wife to him. How much older is he? Must me at least 10 years." Levi Savinkov was actually 32 making him 13 years older than her. Levi's first wife had died in the Battle of Hogwarts, she had joined the fight despite being instructed to stay at home and wait.

"Doesn't matter, it will be fine, my family will be aligned to great Wizards and I shall be able to live in peace."

"And in eight years time when you have produced a number of children, and he has let himself go, you shall be truly happy!"

"You can't upset me. My worries are over, looks like the Malfoy name dies with you." Again she left, heading over to her future Husband.

~~

It was at a wedding when they met for a third time since the downfall. Somehow Draco ended up sitting by her.

"Sorry about your Husband to be. Still twenty years in Azkaban isn't too long. I'm sure you'll wait." She sighed watching the Bride walking down the aisle. "I don't think you have many options left." He smirked.

"I am now willing to discuss possible alignments, seeing as I can't secure anyone better." She looked miserable, apart from the fact that this marriage would only see her family being pulled down in rank, she knew what he was like, it annoyed her that after everything she would end up with him.

"You best bring your Mother to my house tomorrow then. I'm sure she'll be thrilled." He whispered smirking he put a hand on her knee, she quickly lifted it off.

"She will say how stupid I am for agreeing, but will attend because she liked your parents." She whispered back as he leaned in close to her ear.

"I hope you have kept yourself pure." He whispered putting his hand on her knee and slowly moving upwards. She slapped his hand with such force that it rang out in the quiet hall. He moved sat normally, pretending it hadn't been him. She leant towards him and whispered.

"It has not been determined whether you will find out yet." Before watching the rest of the ceremony.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was something that just popped into my head, again had to write it. I am continuing my original story but I didn't want to lose this plot.

Comments, subscribes etc are very much appreciated.