Status: Active, but this will only be a short story.

Our Convenient Downfall

Everything has changed

It was 31st of December, there was a rather loud party going on downstairs, Georgiana was instead currently lying on top of her bed in a beautiful long black, capped sleeved dress. She was very glad she had decided to wear her hair down that evening, otherwise she would have to fix it again when she got up. She lay on her back for a moment before groaning and rolling onto her side. The bedroom opened and in walked a familiar blonde haired face.

"What are you doing up here? People are asking me where you are." She sighed loudly.

"I hate New Years Eve, it's such a pointless party. I am a pregnant woman, I can't be doing with staying up late." Draco gave a small grin and walked over, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"You aren't pregnant enough that you can use it as an excuse. Besides, you came to last years party."

"That's because I had to. You remember the oh so fabulous birthday party of you know who. It was awful last year, so boring."

"I remember the party, I don't remember you being there though."

"You were probably too scared, you wouldn't have noticed me sneaking off with some boy." A small smile played at her lips.

"Who?" He shoved her slightly, turning to face her.

"I don't remember. All I remember is ending up in a library with some boy for most of the night, doing nothing but kissing. It was both exciting and terrifying, you know how much trouble I would have got into with my Father and him if I was found." Draco frowned as he lay on his stomach facing her.

"I don't think I like these stories. I've spent the last two New Years Eve's in fear, that's why you have to come down and celebrate." Georgiana shuffled off the bed and walked over to the mirror, in it she could see him shift to sit on the edge of the bed again, facing her.

"It's so boring Draco! It's still an hour till midnight and it's not like I can just leave at half past, we have to stay up till all the guests go home or to bed." She fixed her hair in the mirror, straightening her dress as well.

"Gi, you know we have to go." He spoke softly, she turned round and walked towards him, standing in front of him she lifted her dress slightly before climbing onto the bed, straddling him.

"But Draco, if we stay up here you can help me remove this dress." She whispered, a grin fighting its way onto her face.

"You have to come downstairs, you have to kiss me at midnight." His arms found their way to her back, supporting her in place.

"I would do so much more than kiss you up here. Can't you tell them the baby is tiring me out, I need early nights and so on. Or tell them, being up this late is making me dizzy." He hands began softly rubbing up and down the back of his neck. "You know you want to."

"I do Gi, but we have to go downstairs. It's rude to not be there, we are technically the hosts." She gave an overdramatic sigh before climbing off him. She fixed her dress and headed for the door, pausing she turned leaning her back against the door. "Are you sure we have to go?"

"We do." He got up and gave her a kiss on her forehead before pulling her out of the door after him.

~~

Georgiana almost cried with joy when Narcissa spoke to her at 1am.

"Georgiana, you look quite tired, are you alright." Georgiana grasped the opportunity, pouting slightly and giving an almighty sigh.

"I am so tired Narcissa, I'm not used to late nights, I've been trying to conserve my energy and get early nights." The older witch placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You should go to bed dear." She shook her head, faking a yawn which she dramatically covered.

"Oh no, I need to stay up, we're the hosts!" She gave a tired smile.

"Go to bed Georgiana."

"Are you sure?" She nodded, "Alright then. Goodnight." With that she happily left the room. Draco, who was having a conversation with someone on the other side of the room, watched her go.

By the time he got up to the bedroom, about ten minutes later, she was already asleep. She was lying in the centre of the bed, on her side facing the door, her clothes were still on, as was everything else.

"Gi, you have to get changed." Her head against her arm she mumbled a no, not bothering to move.

He sat on the end of the bed and pulled off her shoes, she instantly pulled them up under her dress and let out a groan.

"You will regret it in the morning." He mused, "Your necklace will be digging into your skin, your earrings will be caught in your hair, you'll be freezing and you might ruin your dress." His hands made their way into the skirt of her dress, finding her feet he ran a finger along the sole of them.

"I hate you," She mumbled trying to pull her feet away. Draco climbed off the bed and moved to kneel on the floor on her side. Slowly he began to pull the zip down on the back of her dress, placing soft kisses down her back as he went. She arched her back to get away from him but it didn't work.

"Fine, I'm awake." She sat up and looked over at him, he was grinning. "Go back to your party, I'm going to get changed."

"Actually," He followed her into the dressing room in time for her to drop the dress to the floor, "My Mum doesn't want me to wake you when I get in."

"Well you failed at that!" She interrupted searching through her clothes,

"So she sent me up now, so I could also make sure you were alright." He had ignored her mutterings and sat down on the sofa in there.

"Do you have to watch me change?" She angrily pulled her necklace off and slammed it onto her jewellery box. She turned to him,

"What difference does it make?"

"Sometimes I'd like some privacy!" She pulled her earrings out and slammed them down too, unfortunately they are sharp enough. "Oh bugger." She put her hand against her mouth to stop the slight bleeding.

"What did you do?" He stood up and took one step forward, before she put up her hand to stop him.

"I don't need help, it's nothing, just bloody sore." She shook her hand slightly before walking past him, standing with her back to him she removed her bra and pulled a top on.

"What's up with you? You are so grumpy." She pulled her shorts on over her underwear.

"I was sleeping, happily and you woke me up."

"Since when did you become shy about getting naked." She ignored him walking straight into the bedroom and snuggling herself into bed. The lights went out and she felt him climb into bed beside her.

"Don't touch me and don't try anything, I'm too tired." He chuckled beside her.

"Does it scare you, we are having a baby this year." His voice was quiet.

"Ugh I can't think about it now. No it doesn't scare me, we have 22 more baby free weeks to enjoy."

"It scares me."

"Well looks like it's three new years in a row that you are scared. Why should you be scared? You don't have to give birth to the thing, you won't be it's primary carer, you just get to swan around playing dad when you have a spare minute." She was very irritated.

"Does it not annoy you, that you are having a baby with me." She groaned and rolled over to face him.

"No it doesn't. Can I get to sleep now?"

"How can it not?"

"It's my baby, it's yours as well, but it's mine. My mind can focus on that and ignore the fact it's yours as well."

"Do you think you have 'bonded' with it?" He did those stupid air quotations and everything.

"I think so, I can feel it move inside, nothing on the outside yet. Did you know the baby can hear now and can sort of see light." Her hands instinctively covered her stomach.

"I think you will be a good mother." They both paused, staying silent for a few moments before Georgiana spoke.

"Are you doubting your own parenting skills?" He nodded.

"How do you know what to do?" She yawned, lightly putting a hand on top of his head.

"You just do. When it comes out, you will look at it and you will see yourself in there, recognise some of your own features. You will see how vulnerable it is and you will get this overwhelming urge to take care of it. It's just natural. Whereas I already have those urges because I can feel it inside of me." She moved her hand back to her stomach, cradling it.

"That's a lot of pressure on me the first time I see it." She laughed, a beautiful hearty sound.

"If you can't I shall make up for both of us."

"In an ideal world, who would you have had children with." His hands had made their way around her waist, he was currently inching her closer to him.

"I don't know," she sighed, "Harry Potter, just to be ironic." She looked down, him staring at her was intimidating. "I suppose, technically, I couldn't really have done better, biologically, and now that the Malfoy name has gravitas, our child is going to be an incredible Witch or Wizard." She could just make out his mouth, she could see the light hitting his teeth, he was grinning.

"So what you are saying, is I'm the ideal candidate?" Georgiana huffed in response.

"Yes Draco, you are the ideal Father for my baby. Do you feel better now?" He had pulled her right against him.

"I do a bit actually."

"You know, sometimes I still feel really weird being married to you. Ugh even saying it feels weird." Her hands had moved from her stomach to folded in front of her chest, keeping a nice barrier between them.

"What happened to the gooey pregnancy stuff that made you nice to me?"

"When you woke me up, you unlocked the bitchy side." His hand moved to the back of her head, petting her like an animal.

"Shhh, go back to sleep then." She swatted his hand away and he took that chance to pull her closer, forcing her to put her hands on him.

"I remember you." He whispered.

"What?"

"Last year, I remember you at the party, you wore something tight, was it red?" She scoffed putting her hands around his neck.

"Like I would wear red, I did wear tight though, advertising."

"No you did wear red, I remember. I remember because He pointed it out, I remember because we ignored each other and I saw your Mother scold you for being rude. Ha!"

"Shut up," She lightly slapped his shoulder. "I did wear red, my Dad was furious with me afterwards."

"Yeah, He used it against your Father for weeks afterwards, the Daughter who wears the colours of the inferior, blood traitor house."

"Well I remember you too! I remember your whole family were a mess, you all looked so scared, which I found really funny actually. Especially compared to how you used to be in school, before everything." His hand pinched the area under her bum, causing her to squeal.

"You would have been terrified too."

"Oh no doubt, as much as I hate these parties, that one was much better than last years. Funny how things change."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not really happy with this chapter, let me know what you think. Problem is, I now have 4 months of time to cover till my next planned chapter and no ideas at the moment.