Status: Active, but this will only be a short story.

Our Convenient Downfall

The Final Countdown

As the days ticked down Georgiana found herself less interested in Draco and more interested in perfecting the nursery. Narcissa and her had spent the past few days shopping, bringing various samples of fabric and colours home.

At eight months pregnant she rolled out of bed and practically ran into the shower. She quickly got dressed and went down to breakfast, when Draco came down his mother and Gi were chatting animatedly about various baby related topics. This was a daily occurrence for Draco, gone were the days of her lying in bed moaning about getting up.

The anniversary of the battle of Hogwarts was fast approaching.

It had turned out to be the hottest April on record and the start of May was just as bad.

"When it rains again, would it be inappropriate for me to run around naked in the garden?" She asked him one morning after breakfast.

"Yes. I forbid it." His face was mock serious, she giggled as she began to walk to the library.

"You forbid it?" She lowered her voice in mockery. "But its so warm! It's not easy being this pregnant in the heat. Knowing my luck I'll be in labour in this heat." He smirked following her into the library.

"Where are you having it?" She had disappeared into the shelves emerging a few moments later with a large book.

"I'm not sure. There are pros and cons with both. Pro of here is well it's not a hospital and after it's born I don't need to move really. Con of here, your mother will be in charge of my pain relief. Actually I think I will go to the hospital. That way I can keep people out. Can I be harsh?" She asked as she headed back to the door. "I'm not sitting in here today, it's too warm, why you lot feel the need to have a fire on in here is beyond me."

"Be harsh." He replied following her out the room and behind her as she slowly went up the stairs.

"I don't want you there." She paused as she reached the top of the stairs, something about saying it out loud made her feel incredibly guilty.

"Why?" She turned to face him, he was expressionless.

"Well firstly, there are things you don't need to see. Secondly, I will probably be really mean, you will irritate me no matter what you do. I need my mum, I need her to give me a reality check. I'll either be all pathetic and crying in which case I'll need to be given tough love. Or I will be really angry, annoyed and bitchy in which case I need someone with a level head who I can be rude to and won't take it personally."

"I could do that." He began to walk back to the room.

"But I'd rather not have you there. I'm sorry to sound like a bitch, but if you come in your Mum can't. She would not be happy about that. Besides you aren't even interested in the baby." He shrugged as she followed him.

"I'm not, I just presumed you would want me there, so you would have someone to shout at." She caught up with him and brushed his hand with hers as she entered the room.

"I'd rather you just chilled here. Then you can come and see me when I'm more dignified." Georgiana threw the book onto the bed before pulling off her top. "I swear I'm going to have to walk round in my underwear soon." Before sitting up on the bed and pulling her ever present supply of sweets from under the bed.

"So my Mother gets to find out what the baby is before I do?" He sighed lying down on the bed.

"Is that what this is about? Look you can come and see me just before and right after, but you aren't being there for the labour bit. Unfortunately for you, in hospitals they treat the mothers like queens, if I say no to someone, they won't let them in." She began lining up chocolates on her stomach placing the book just above them as she read.

"Whatever." Out of the corner of her eye she saw Draco lean forward towards her stomach, she lifted the book up enough so she could see under it. He leaned forwards and took a chocolate off her stomach with his mouth, his lips just grazing her skin before he lay back down.

Georgiana was slightly thrown.

"Draco?" She put the book down beside her.

"Mmm?"

"I think my hormones are playing up. That seemed really erotic to me." He grinned and turned on his side to face her.

"I thought you didn't want any more sex, I thought the stomach was ruining your mood."

"It does, and I really don't want to. I'm just really in the mood now." She picked her book back up again. "When I'm not pregnant and I'm in a bad mood with you, eat chocolates off me." She grinned as she began to read again. He leant over and took another one, she pushed his head slightly laughing. "Not now! You are just wasting it." He grinned laying back down.

~~

It was 2nd of May. It had been exactly one year.

Georgiana was wandering around the house when she heard the most glorious sound. She paused listening, she wasn't sure if she was imagining it, but no, it was the unmistakable sound of rain. She went to the nearest window, the rain was pouring down, finally after weeks of heat the air would cool down. Georgiana didn't hesitate to go straight outside to the garden, letting herself be soaked by the rain.

"What are you doing?" She turned back to the doorway, Draco was watching her like she was crazy.

"It's finally raining, I need to cool down. The rain feels incredible on my skin and it makes you feel alive!" She spun round on the spot.

"I think you've finally went crazy. Aren't you going to make yourself ill?" She turned to face him.

"Come on out, it's only water." She began to walk slowly along the garden. "Come and live a little."

"I'd rather not, I like being dry." She opened her arms and motioned him over.

"Come on Draco! Come and be spontaneous and romantic. Come and kiss me in the rain!" He gave a small smile and an overdramatic sigh before walking out into the rain.

"Your insanity is starting to rub off on me, how can this be fun?" He asked as he approached her, she threw her arms around his neck.

"It's been so warm lately, now it's cool. The rain feels good against your skin. It's just lovely. Look I'm soaked!" He pushed some of her dripping hair away from her face.

"I just feel cold and wet." She sighed

"You are so emotionless! Don't you get any joy?" She paused for a moment. "Although I am starting to get a bit cold." He smirked. "I think I should go inside now." She untangled herself from him and headed back inside.

"You are actually insane." He followed her back inside and upstairs to the bedroom.

As soon as she entered the room she began stripping off her wet clothes, dumping them in the bath before putting on some pyjamas and lying down on the bed. He emerged a few minutes later in dry clothes, sat on the bed and pulled her onto his lap. She was sitting with her side to him, her arms resting on top of her stomach, his were around her.

"I can't believe it's been a year." She muttered.

"Yeah." He mumbled in return.

"All those people dead, seems really stupid now."

"Yeah, my Mum is still not quite over Aunt Bella."

"A year ago I lost my Dad, I still don't think it's sunk in. I still expect to go back home and find him there."

"Gi, there is something I have to tell you." She groaned closing her eyes. "Your Dad."

"If you say you were the one that killed him I will never forgive you."

"No! Honestly it wasn't me. I did punish him a few times, with the Cruciatus curse though." She didn't speak, her face remained expressionless staring straight ahead of her. "You have to know Gi, I did it under the threat of punishment myself. I had to, I regret it now but I was scared, I was scared about what he would do to me or my family, I just, say something." He rambled over his words.

"Why would you tell me this?" She spoke so quietly it was barely above a whisper.

"I needed to tell you, I feel guilty not telling you, you needed to know the truth." He leant forward and began kissing her neck.

"I'm glad you got that off your conscience, but that benefited me in no way. You have told me that at a point in my life where I have no choice but to forgive you. I'm in too deep to leave now." She gestured at her stomach.

"Gi,"

"Stop calling me bloody Gi! It's not going to make me feel any better." She interrupted him.

"I just felt like I should be honest with you." He mumbled.

"Good for you! It's not done me any good. All I know now is the person who I am having a baby with in a few weeks tortured my Father. Don't I feel better! You shouldn't have told me! Or you should have told me before we got married or even better before I got pregnant!" She tried to move off his lap, his hands tightened around her.

"Where are you going? You aren't moving."

"Let me go, I can't sit here with you right now. I just need to get away from you for a bit." She again struggled against him.

"No stay here and talk to me."

"I can't, I don't want to. Let me go."

"You have fallen out with me because of something I did a year ago? Something I regret and did because I had to?"

"No! I haven't fallen out with you. Everyone did things they regretted last year." He began kissing her neck again.

"What did you do?"

"I used the same curse on first years, we were made to do it, that is something I regret, but I don't go around confessing it to their parents. That is just selfish." She could still see the face of the little girl before she was hit, it was something she had blocked out of her mind.

"You did the curse?"

"We all did, everyone was made to practice them in Seventh year. It's not the fact you did it, it's that you feel the need to tell me. I would rather have never known. Can you please let me go, I just need some space." His arms loosened around her.

"Where are you going?" He asked as she went into the dressing room, she emerged in some jeans and a top.

"To my Mums."

"How are you going to get there?"

"Apparate."

"Isn't that dangerous being pregnant?" She sighed and considered this.

"Maybe, I'll go by floo then. I will see you later." He sighed as she left the room.

~~

Long after dinner had finished Georgiana re-appeared at Malfoy manor. When she made it back into the hall way, Draco was sitting on the stairs.

"What are you doing there?" She asked passing him as she began to walk up the stairs.

"You've been gone for hours. I was worried." He stood up and followed her up to the room.

"I needed space and I needed to clear my head." She headed into the bedroom and quickly changed back into her pyjamas.

"Georgiana is everything ok again?" He asked from the doorway.

"I wish you hadn't told me." She climbed into the bed, lying on her side.

"Want me to wipe it from your memory?" He smirked slightly as she glared.

"No. It's something I'm stuck with now. It's just I know something about you that I wished I didn't now. It's fine." Draco stayed standing in the doorway. "You are allowed to come in." He stepped into the room kicking the door shut behind him.

"I'm going to get changed," He muttered going into the adjacent room. When he came back in she was lying on her side, the covers pulled up to her chin. As he climbed in she began to talk.

"Draco? I am sorry I sort of flew off at you. I do understand why you wanted to tell me. I think I just realised my Dad is dead. The last year has been so hectic, I've not had a chance to think about it. I mean right after we all became obsessed with getting married to keep purebloods real. Then I married you and moved here, I sort of forgot that he wasn't home, then I got pregnant and that was another thing to think about. So sorry I sort of took it all out on you. But I had a good cry at my Mum's and now I feel fine." Her voice was quiet as she explained it all.

"You were crying?" He had moved closer to her.

"Yeah, Mum and I had a really good cry, I feel much better now. I told you, I just needed some space away from you." She felt his hand on her back, pulling her closer to him.

"Georgiana,"

"You can call me Gi again," She interrupted with a slight laugh.

"Gi, I didn't know you cried." She laughed.

"Of course I cry. I needed a really good cry to get everything out of my system." He kissed her forehead and she put her arms around him.

"Next time you want to cry, you can do it in front of me." She laughed again.

"I'll bare that in mind. It sort of sucks being on the losing side doesn't it?" He chuckled.

"Yeah it does."

"Can I tell you a secret? In a way I'm glad. Life wasn't exactly great under Him for us." Draco stayed silent, which sort of panicked her. "I mean I still believe that we are superior, I still find it a thrill to know I am a pureblooded witch and that our child is going to be a pureblood, but he didn't exactly set up the ideal world for us did he? It was just everyone in constant fear."

"You are right. Being a Death eater was not as good as it seemed. It was terrifying, we were constantly under threat, it was humiliating."

"I'm glad it's all over. You know, I was thinking, technically there is no such thing as a Muggleborn, because a Squib was in the family at some point."

"Too far. If the baby is a Squib I'm killing myself." Georgiana laughed.

"I never even thought of that. I think I might join you."

"We could just drop it off in the Muggleworld."

"We won't know till they are older though, we will have no choice but to love it. I don't think I will be able to abandon it. The idea of a Squib child scares me, we would be laughed at, but at the same time I couldn't hide it, I wouldn't want to leave it in the muggle world. It'd be hard but I would still be it's mum."

"I'm still killing myself."

"Thanks."

~~

Georgiana was due in one week. It was June 5th, Draco Malfoys 19th birthday.

Despite the fact she was tired and sore she was going to his party. Her dress looked good but she was so incredibly uncomfortable. Draco actually looked truly happy for once, perhaps it was the fact this was the last big Hurrah before parenthood.

"Draco, I have something for you, in addition to the numerous, incredible presents I have already given you." He smirked.

"We only have a few minutes before people start arriving, I don't have time." She grinned.

"It's only your birthday, no way can I have sex. No what I am giving you is this." She handed him a sealed envelope. "Don't open it in front of me, inside that is the sex of the baby. I don't want to know before the birth and seeing as you aren't going to see it, I figured you could find out beforehand. If you do decide to find out please don't tell anyone and burn it. I don't want to find out accidentally." He walked past her and left it on the bed.

"Are you ready?" She nodded.

"I will warn you, I will probably be in bed by 11pm, it's really tiring walking about with a baby attached to you." He grinned opening the bedroom door.

"It's really not fair of you to look that good, then deny me sex." She grinned as she left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is something I've had in my mind for so long, one of the original ideas I had about this story. I'm super excited to finally get it out of my brain!

Thanks to my commenters;

Jenia
falling4you
xoxogurtinderxoxo

This story is already longer than I planned, think I have 5-6 more chapters planned, but I'm definitely not ready to finish it yet.