Status: Active, but this will only be a short story.

Our Convenient Downfall

Baby, Baby, Baby, No!

Georgiana Malfoy was 3 days overdue when she finally went into labour, she had felt the first pain about 8am, but she pottered about the house until lunchtime before finally declaring that she wanted to go into hospital. Whilst Narcissa clearly saw each scrunch of the face in pain, the men were completely ignorant until she announced it.

Now a few hours later she was lying in a bed in the hospital, the pains more regular but her pain medication was blocking them out. On either side of her was her mother and Narcissa.

"Where is Draco?" She asked his mother.

"He's outside waiting." Georgiana pulled a face.

"Send him in, I want to speak to him." One of the healers looked up from her chair.

"You can't have more than two in the room."

"That's ok, the mothers can leave for a bit. Nothing is happening right now is it?" The woman nodded and the two mothers left the room. A few moments late Draco came in.

"Is everything all right?" He looked worried, she grinned.

"Everything is fine! You should go home, I will send for you as soon as the baby is born. Did you find out what we are having? Don't tell me but did you?"

"I'd rather not go home and no, I didn't read it. I got rid of it. I figured it didn't matter if my Mother found out before me." She gave him a slightly dazed smile.

"You should go home. You know, I'm beginning to think you are a nice person. I think I quite like you when you aren't annoying me or being mean." She motioned for him to lean over, when he did she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down and covering his face in small kisses.

"I think someone is slightly delusional from all the medicine." He chuckled as she let go of him.

"It's so real now, by the end of the day we will have a baby. It's quite exciting. I am genuinely excited about what we have, I wonder what we're going to have."

"Well a baby obviously." She grinned. "I think it will be a girl."

"Do you know? Is this your way of telling me?" He shook his head. "I reckon it's a boy." She sighed laying back down. "It's so boring waiting. I won't be offended if you go home."

"Why are you trying to get rid of me?" She mused for a moment.

"I don't know. It just feels weird you being here."

"Charming." He sat down on the chair by the bed. "I might just stay to annoy you." She answered his smirk with a grin.

"I'm on too much pain relief to be annoyed."

Eventually he left and the mothers returned.

"Now Ladies," She addressed the whole room. "I have some new rules, when the baby is born, nobody is to know the sex of it. In fact, when it is coming out I want the mothers to leave." Georgiana's mother put her hand on her daughters head.

"I don't think you are thinking rationally dear, perhaps too much medicine." Gi swatted the hand away.

"I am serious, once I start the labour bit I want you two to leave. I think Draco is right, he should be one of the first to know, but I don't want him in here. So you need to leave." The women sat down.

"We'll see how you feel when the time comes." Replied the healer.

~~

Draco stood up when his and Georgiana's Mum came out of the room.

"Is it over?" The women walked past him and sat down beside each other. Elizabeth Rawle was biting her fingernails as Narcissa looked at her feet and bit her lip.

"She kicked us out." His Mother mumbled, perhaps it was through tiredness, perhaps it was the stress, but Draco burst out laughing.

"What did you do?" The two women glared at him, stopping his laughter.

"She said she didn't want anyone in there." Draco sat down, turning to face the rooms door.

"So you just left? She will probably scream for you in a moment." He leant his head against the wall.

About 30 minutes later a healer emerged from the room, all the adults stood up.

"Draco, you've to come in now. She says she looks almost normal now so you can see her." The healer spoke with a small smile as Draco walked past her.

As soon as he entered the room he realised something wasn't right. Georgiana was sitting up on the bed, a small bundle on her chest, she was looking at it with complete admiration. The baby was getting the eyes usually reserved for him. She didn't even look up when he entered.

"What did we have?" She briefly looked up at him, he could see how tired she was, she gave him a small sly smile.

"I don't know." She grinned looking back at the baby, nuzzling its face with hers.

"How can you not know?" He approached the bed and sat down beside her.

"When it came out, I told them not to tell me, to wrap it up so I couldn't see. I decided I wanted you to be here." Draco couldn't deny he was surprised.

"So when exactly are we going to find out? We going to wait till it turns 10?" She briefly smiled at him.

"I'm going to look now, ok?" He nodded, she opened the blanket, looked down and grinned.

"Well?"

"If I had stuck to my guns in our wedding arrangements, I wouldn't have to go through childbirth again. We have a boy." Draco stood up, matching her grin as he kissed her on the forehead.

"Congratulations."

"You can now relax knowing you secured the Malfoy name, and we have another true Pureblood." She kissed her son, she couldn't quite believe it. She had a son!

"We have a son." He muttered sitting down, she was still basically ignoring him. "So have you thought about names?"

"I still like Leo."

"We can't call him Leo, Leo means lion, that is Gryffindor. I am not having a son named after their mascot. What about Scorpius?" She screwed up her face.

"NO! That is not a name. Leo Malfoy sounds better. How about I name him, and you can name the next one, seeing as I did give my word that I would have another. With his dark hair and currently cool eyes, he would be so badass. Leo Rowle Malfoy sounds good. You can blame me for the name. Please Draco." She gave him a brief pleading face. "Plus Leo is a constellation, your Mum would be happy."

"Leo? Rowle?"

"Well seeing as he is getting your surname, I don't want to call him Thorfinn and it's a star name. 2 out of 3 are your family names, Rowle is mine." She was placing kisses on the baby's head, kisses that usually belonged to Draco.

"Leo? I get to name the next one? No matter what? Anything I like?" She nodded. "Fine, Leo Rowle Malfoy."

"I've changed my mind, how about Finlay for a middle name."

"Leo Finlay Malfoy? It seems girly."

"Draco look at him! There is no way he will be girly. He weighed 8lbs, he will be big and strong. I will have to fight the women away. You best go tell the family." Draco stood and gave one last look towards her, she was cooing at the baby, before leaving the room.

His parents and her mother stood as he approached.

"Well?" His mother was anxious.

"We have a son." He never got the chance to say anything else as his Mother pounced on him with a squeal. Over her shoulder he saw Elizabeth Rowle.

"Draco, does he have a name?" He nodded.

"Georgiana wants to call him Leo." His mother pulled back.

"Leo? As in the constellation?" She grinned.

"As in the constellation of the Lion." He confirmed. "I'm naming the next one." His mother let him go, after considerable congratulations he decided he should probably go back into the room.

"How is she?" Her mother asked.

"Oh she's fine, she's pleased, she is practically glowing. I best get back actually." Draco headed back into the room, she was still totally focussed on the baby.

"Draco," He was surprised that she knew he was there. "I don't want a middle name, Leo Malfoy is fine."

"Good, I never told them about the middle name." He sat down on the bed, draping an arm around her, she leant into him her eyes still fixed on her son.

"We have a son! Aren't you glad we waited? Isn't it nice just finding out now?" He kissed her neck gently, he couldn't help but smile.

"You are right, it does add to it. We are parents now. I still feel a bit stunned, even if we did know this was happening." She nodded.

"I thought I would be really scared, I don't feel scared though. I feel really happy."

"How are you? Was it as bad as you thought?"

"It was sore, the medicine made it much better though. I'm just really tired. As soon as he's sleeping I'm having a nap."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is fairly short for me, but it's setting up for the next chapter.

Did you guess right?

Love to xoxogurtinderxoxo for the comment.