Status: Active, but this will only be a short story.

Our Convenient Downfall

Misery

Georgiana Malfoy was a natural mother, nobody could deny that. Day or night she would practically leap out of bed to attend to his every need, nothing would get in her way.

The first few days were blissful, Draco could not help but revel in his wife's joy. It was quite infectious, she cooed over him, carried him everywhere, sat at breakfast with the small bundle in her arms. She didn't stop smiling for days, every time she looked at Leo she would have a wide grin on her face.

A few weeks in, it got tiresome. If she wasn't with the baby she was talking about him or sleeping. Draco tried to be patient, he tried to get to her when she wasn't with the baby.

One month after he was born, he made a point of staying awake in bed, when she finally came into bed he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her towards him. She turned away from him but he didn't let that dissuade him, he began to gently kiss the back of her neck.

"Not now Draco, I have to wait until after 6 weeks before I even think about sex." She pulled the covers up to her chin, effectively shutting him off.

~~

Two weeks later he tried again.

This time he didn't wait till she got into bed, he waited in the doorway between their room and that of their son. He watched as she kissed the baby, she rocked him, she hummed to him and whispered all sorts of stories before putting him in his crib. She stood over the crib, watching the baby to make sure he was actually asleep, before sighing and turning around. She paused when she saw him before walking towards him, trying to make her way by. He put an arm out stopping her.

"Our baby is over six weeks old." He smirked slightly moving his hands around her waist.

"Draco, I'm too tired now and I'm not in the mood. I just want to go to bed and rest." She sighed trying to move away.

"Firstly, you wouldn't have to do anything, you can just lie on your back." She gave a fleeting smile. "Secondly, since when have I not been able to get you in the mood?" He smirked but she didn't see it, looking down at her hands.

"I don't want to Draco. I want to go to my bed, please leave me." Not looking at her he lifted his arms and she walked out under them, she came back into the room moments later in pjs and was tucked up in bed within moments. By the time Draco had changed she was already asleep.

~~

Draco had tried every night for the next two weeks to get her to engage with him, he had actually given up on sex, he just wanted her attention. Her excuses ranged from being too tired, to not in the mood, to bleeding, she even told him it was alright with her if he wanted to go and sleep with someone else. Every night she had a new reason and would shy away from him, she barely spoke to him.

Two months after their son was born Draco woke to a quiet empty room, he listened, it was not as quiet as he had thought, the shower was currently running. He strolled into the bathroom just in time for Georgiana to get out of the shower, a towel wrapped around her, she was currently towel drying her hair. She stood up straight as he walked in.

"Morning." She grinned at him, there was something different this time in the way she looked at him, Draco decided to risk it. He slowly moved over to her, placing a hand on the wall either side of her waist.

"Morning." He murmured moving his head closer to hers. With a grin she dropped the towel in her hand, wrapping her arms around his neck. The towel around her must have been held up my magic as it didn't budge.

"Did you sleep all through the night?" He nodded his eyes focussed on her lips, he knew if he didn't stop her she would start talking about Leo, then all would be lost. She bit her lip, smiling slightly as he moved closer still.

"Have you been up long?" He muttered knowing it was only polite, inching closer still.

"He woke me at six but he did go back to sleep, so I decided to get a few more hours sleep. It feels like it has been ages since I saw you." She stood up on her tiptoes and placed a small gentle kiss on his lips. In those seconds he moved his hands from the wall to the back of her head and her back, pulling her into him as he kissed her back.

Georgiana smiled into the kiss as for a few minutes they attacked each others mouths. Draco's hands slowly moved down to the bottom of her towel, lingering for a few moments before going up inside it, his hands slowly traced up the back of her legs, sending a shiver through her body. Draco smirked as his hands came to a stop at the top of her legs, his mouth moved from hers to her neck, being rewarded with a small moan.

He had just moved as close as possible and was about to lift her when a small distinctive sound rang out. He looked at her, already her eyes were looking around him towards the other room, her attention was now off him and back on the baby.

"Please Gi," He pleaded leaning his forehead against hers, "Just leave him for ten minutes." He whispered.

"Don't be ridiculous Draco, he is just a baby. I can't just leave him because you want sex!" She snapped frowning at him, the moment was over.

"It won't kill him for ten minutes." He spoke quietly.

"Draco let me go." He did and she pushed past him. "It could be something serious." She remarked rushing out of the bathroom to attend to her son.

At this point Draco gave up, she would come back to him when she wanted another baby, he would just have to wait until then.

~~

Georgiana had insisted on no party for her 19th, she wanted low key, she wanted nothing at all. Including the usual large bag from Honeydukes, Draco had got her some incredible presents, even she had to admit it.

That night Leo had went to sleep unusually early, they were currently lying in bed, Georgiana was tucking into a bar of chocolate.

"When I'm eating sweets, I miss the bump a bit. It was so handy being able to line them up on it." Draco wished on a daily basis that she still had the bump, there was nothing to compete with for attention.

He turned to face her, she had now lost all of the baby weight, the bump was totally gone, she was back to herself.

"I can't believe you turned 18 a week before we got married." She grinned.

"I know, you got me when I was still practically a baby myself. Plus you didn't even get me a present!"

"I'd just given you a big diamond ring 3 weeks earlier! Besides you can't deny I didn't do well this year." He smirked slightly as she fed him a sweet.

"True, you did get some incredible presents, which you shouldn't have." His hand rested on her waist, maybe one more attempt wouldn't hurt.

"I know, there is one more present for you." He moved so his arms were at either side of her, he was above her.

"No Draco, I don't want sex on my birthday!" She tried to push him off her but he didn't budge.

"Well call it my Birthday sex, you still owe me because you were too pregnant." He leaned down and began to kiss down her neck.

"Draco please, I am too tired, I'm going to be up a few times tonight looking after your son, I'm just not in the mood for sex. Would you please just leave me alone, you are ruining every calm moment I have." She sighed as he frowned.

"Fine." He snapped climbing off her, turning on his side away from her.

~~

Draco sat on the bed and watched Georgiana finishing off getting ready. In his opinion, her midnight blue dress was too tight and showed too much flesh. It wasn't tarty, it was just too tempting. He stood up and walked towards her, she noticed him in the mirror.

"Will I do?" She grinned slowly spinning on the spot.

"You look beautiful. It's quite cruel." He wrapped his hands around her waist, softly kissing her neck, she watched him in the mirror.

"Why is it cruel?" For a moment she let her hands rest on top of his.

"It just makes me want to take it off you." He let his hands slide to her back, he slowly brushed his fingers up and down her back, the dress was too low for her to wear a bra, this didn't help Draco in the slightest.

"Stop that!" She squirmed away slightly. Georgiana was actually looking forward to this party, the last party she had went to was two weeks before her due date, Draco's birthday, she had left pretty early for her bed.

"Alright." He gave her neck one last kiss before moving away.

"Can you believe it was technically a year ago today we got married? On Monday it is exactly a year. I can't quite get my head around it." She watched him nod and sit back on the bed as she put on the simple diamond necklace he had given her for her birthday.

"It is hard to believe, so much is different now."

"I know! We have more money, respect, more supposed friends and a baby! I never thought I would get to a year without killing myself or you." He chuckled slightly.

"Are you nearly ready? Was I that bad?" She turned around to face him, leaning back on the chest of drawers.

"Yes, I was sobbing before we got married. I was seriously considering running, probably should have told you this earlier. I'm ready now." He stood up as she walked towards the door.

"Yeah, you should have possibly mentioned it. I might have had a few drinks before hand." She giggled opening their door.

"I wasn't allowed, to quote some woman 'There is nothing worse than a drunk bride' I had to do the whole thing whilst sober." He followed her out, casting a locking spell on the door behind him, slipping an arm around her waist as they walked.

"Am I still that bad?"

"Less so." She gave a sly smile as they descended the stairs.

~~

"Pansy!" Georgiana gave the very pregnant woman air kisses, "Look at you! Are you due in a couple of weeks?"

"How do you remember? I can't even get Blaise to remember my due date." She grinned placing a protective hand over her stomach.

"I remember the pain, plus you were only 3 months behind me, Leo is two and a half months old so you can't be far away from yours. What are you having?" She smiled warmly at the woman, being a parent had softened her views on holding a grudge.

"We don't know. I thought you were right, it's easier to keep your Husband interested if he thinks there is a chance it may be a boy."

"Well please, if you are tired have a seat, if you fancy going for a lie down there are plenty of bedrooms with opened doors upstairs. I remember having to go to Draco's birthday at your stage, it's awful!"

"You are so lucky that you had a son right away, you secured the name and bloodline. I bet Draco just dotes on him." Georgiana's smile faltered for a moment. She couldn't remember actually seeing Draco hold their son let alone dote on him.

"I think he was very pleased, he was convinced I'd have a girl, it was so lovely not knowing, I think it made it more exciting." The group of women smiled around her, some of them were beginning to show.

"I take it you won't have any more, now you have a son there isn't really a need." The woman beside Pansy spoke.

"Oh no, we decided before we got married, we will have two. The reason was in case we had a girl first, but I think we might still stick to it. After all with the Ministry of Magic abolishing laws that favour Purebloods, we need to ensure we keep our kind thriving."

"Where is the baby?" Another woman asked.

"Oh he's all tucked up and sleeping." She smiled, her mind streaming through all the possible things that could be happening to him at that moment.

A few hours later Draco looked over to Georgiana, she had the now awake baby in her arms, surrounded by women. He rolled his eyes, tonight was not going to be the night. He knew conclusively when on their way back to the bedroom she said to him,

"Please don't try and have sex with me tonight." He briefly looked at her, she looked tired.

"I won't." He muttered as they entered their room.

~~

The next day Draco and Lucius had headed off after breakfast to watch a Quidditch match, leaving Narcissa and Georgiana in the house by themselves. They were currently sitting having lunch, Leo was tucked up in a basket on the chair usually occupied by Draco.

"How is Draco?" Narcissa asked, Georgiana looked briefly shocked.

"He is fine, as far as I know." She looked down at her plate, she hadn't actually asked him in a very long time.

"He doesn't seem different to you?" Narcissa was staring at her, it unnerved her greatly.

"I don't think so, why?" She frowned looking up at her.

"He seems very different to me. Did you know he was going out today? Or did you just find out this morning?"

"I just found out this morning. How does he seem different? I think he's just the same."

"He's not dear. You need to stop ignoring him."

"I don't ignore him! I just have other priorities at the moment." She defended, motioning to the baby.

"Yes but sometimes you have to give him some time. I know it's hard and annoying but it will destroy you two if you don't. It's difficult for men, they go from being the top priority to second place. Lucius was the same, he hated Draco at first. Draco has more excuse than most to be jealous."

"Why does he have more excuse than most?" Georgiana was puzzled and slightly offended.

"You lavished your attention on him when you were pregnant."

"I did not lavish him with attention."

"Dear, I don't remember seeing you two together when you weren't touching him or kissing him. It hard for him to go from that to being ignored." Georgiana paused for a moment to consider this.

"Has he said something to you?" He voice was less defensive.

"Sort of, it's his whole demeanour around you. Georgiana I think he just misses you to be honest, we barely see you, it's not that the baby isn't important, but you need to spend time with adults too. When was the last time you had sex?" Georgiana stopped eating and averted her eyes in front of her.

"I'm not going to answer that Narcissa, it's pretty private."

"Was it when you were pregnant?" Georgiana gave a small nod, "And I bet it was probably a couple of months before you gave birth?" Again she nodded, "That's quite a while. You do still talk to him, right?" Georgiana groaned slightly.

"I promise, tomorrow I will sort it out between us. It's our anniversary, it seems appropriate I sort it out then." Narcissa gave a satisfied smile.

"Do you want me to look after Leo?" Georgiana blushed and shook her head.

"No! I won't need that, thank you." She thought back over the past few months, her guilt was overwhelming.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I enjoyed this chapter strangely. Comments always welcome, the latest ones definitely made me smile as I sat down to write.

Thanks to;

xoxogurtinderxoxo
Pointedancer101

The next chapter is my favourite in my head, just hope I can do it justice written down.