Status: Active, but this will only be a short story.

Our Convenient Downfall

Tests and trials

It had been three months since they had married. Three long, boring months. Draco and Georgiana still were quiet around each other, outside the bedroom that is. Inside they had small occasional conversations, their bodies were very good at conversing though, their bodies had long, intimate flowing conversations with each other. They were still strangers really. Draco had shown her a certain trick though that had made breakfast better.

One morning she had woken up and he was still under the covers. She had gotten washed and dressed, still he hadn't woken up. She nudged him.

"You need to get up for breakfast." All he did was pull the covers over him. "You better get dressed or I will send your mother up."

"Tell her I'm sick."

"What?" She had sat on his side of the bed to put her shoes on.

"Go downstairs and tell my mother I am ill."

"With what?" He pulled the covers off his head to glare at her.

"Tell her I have a cold." So downstairs she went to tell Narcissa, she was sent back up minutes later with a tray filled with more than enough food for two, plus a couple of potions to heal him with.

When she walked into the room he was sitting up in bed with his hands behind his head, smirking.

"That, is how I get breakfast in bed." She couldn't help grin a little as she climbed back into bed, kicking off her shoes.

"Don't let this go to your head, but that was sort of brilliant." He smirked wider.
"Your mum made such a fuss insisting I went back to look after you, she did plan on taking care of you herself, but then your father pointed out it should be me. She just about leapt across the table to kiss him, saying what a brilliant idea and how we could bond. Then she gathered food that you would like and stacked me with it, she says I must stay with you."

It had been a nice morning and they may have gotten naked along the way. Georgiana had used the excuse of Draco feeling poorly a few times since. She would really lay it on thick, saying how worried she was about him, his mother ate it up.

~~

It was a morning they had decided to get up that she realised something. They had three quiet months of barely talking, they had three months of almost uninterupted incredible sex, she had only had one period since they had gotten married.

She had decided to go to the hospital, just to check, she also had no idea where witches went for a pregnancy test anyways.

Instead of going to breakfast she had gotten dressed to go out, telling Draco to apologise for her but she just had to go out.

When she returned a few hours later, Narcissa was in a state. As soon as she walked into the door she could hear her screaming from further in the house.

"Georgiana is that you?" She came running out to see her and grabbed her into a hug.

"They have taken them!" Georgiana was extremly confused.

"What is going on? Who has taken who?"

"The ministry have taken Lucius and Draco! They are going to send them to Azkaban!" She wept, clinging to Gi.

"Narcissa, listen to me, they have to have a trial first. When is it?" Narcissa shrugged, taking gasping breaths.

"Look I am just going to the ministry, to find out when it is, ok? You stay here in case of anything, understand?" The older woman nodded as Georgiana turned and left again, something was hidden in her bag.

~~

It had been about a month after she was married, she was visiting her mother and helping her clean out her fathers office. Her mother had been pleased when she had explained how they were a little better now, but she had nothing with him in public.

She found the note in his drawer.

Gi,

I have a book for you in case something happens to me. To anyone else this note will just be a farewell. In my desk I have a diary, in it I have writen down every Death Eater I know, what they have participated in and where they are. If you get into trouble financially use it, if you need a bribe use it, this is what I have left you to save you.

Remember what I told you about finding something lost.

Dad


Gi had remembered how he tapped a snake head on the corner ot his desk three times, when she did out popped a hidden drawer , inside was a diary. The diary had another letter inside it detailing how to protect the book so others could only see what she wanted and other protection spells.

~~

With the book in her hand she waited outside the department of Aurors.

"Mrs Malfoy, how nice to see you back, more names to sell? How is your husband?" The Auror who she had been working with sat facing her, not in his office but the canteen, he didn't trust her. She didn't care she didn't even remember his name.

"Do you know when his trial is?" He smiled

"8am, his fathers is directly after it." She put the book on the table.

"It will cost you more than that book is worth to get even one out."

Georgiana had been selling names to the Aurors, anonymous of course. The money had been donated to hospitals and Hogwarts under the Malfoy name and a small amount was stored in Gringots.

"You can have the book, I just need a favourable word said about them in the courts. You can look them up in the book, its very good in comparison to others." She looked behind him, Harry Potter was walking past.

"Mrs Malfoy, how do I know this book will not disapear? You have done those sort of tricks on us before."

"Can you please not announce my name, this is secret. I shall take off all charms and protections, I swear."

"I thought you didn't like your husband, you might get him off your hands." She stood up and muttered some counter spells, pointing her wand at the book on the table. She pushed it towards him,

"I don't, but it does not look good if he is imprisoned three months in. It is not good for the reputation. You can check the book, everything will be there." She left, quickly making her way back to the grounds of Malfoy manor.

~~

To look at the two women sitting outside the courtroom, you wouldn't think they cared. Both women sat stoned faced staring straight ahead. They both fought to remain calm for the other.

Georgiana had been up for a large portion of the night worrying. She hated staying in the manor, she wondered if she could go home if both the Malfoy men were imprisoned, it seemed unlikely. Could she leave Narcissa alone? It would make her feel incredibly guilty, maybe she could convince her mother to stay here. Georgiana hated lying in his bed alone, it felt weird, she had taken ages just to feel comfortable sleeping in it with him, it was worse without.

She sat outside the courtroom fighting to stay awake, she had spent most of the night changing what she was worried about. Gi felt worse for Narcissa, she was facing life without two men she loved, Gi was only facing losing someone she still didn't particularly like.

Behind them the door slammed open, out came Draco who stormed past them and headed towards the elevator.

"Draco?" Georgiana waited a moment, turning to Narcissa who nodded before walking as quickly as she could after him. She saw the lift move up, she kept pressing the button until eventually another appeared. She got in and pressed the button for the main hall.

When it reached the floor she spotted him, he was only a little ahead of her, she was grateful his lift journey had been so slow.

She followed him, almost running to try and keep up with him, as he got closer to the fireplaces she shouted him again and ran slightly, it was not easy in her shoes.

Just as he reached a free fireplace he turned, Georgiana almost ran into him, grabbed her stepped in and apparated into Malfoy manor.

"Before anything else, how did you do that?! I can't get closer than the gates, you have to teach me!" He ignored her and stormed upstairs, she paused before following him.

"What happened?" She kicked off her shoes and ran after him, he was seething, he was knocking things over with his wand as he reached their room. Georgiana slowed down, repairing the items he broke and correcting the place. He was sitting on the bed when she entered, taking off his shoes.

"What happened?"

"Fucking Potter!" He shouted throwing a shoe at the mirror above the drawers. She muttered a repair spell.

"Yes I know Draco, he ruined our dreams of a pureblood world." She teased him gently.

"No! He was there!" He threw his other shoe before getting up and walking towards her, "He said we were guilty, but seeing as my mother lied to the Dark Lord and saved his life we should be free! He said I was too scared to kill Dumbledore, I wasn't comitted to the cause. He said we only got involved to protect each othet. That and some stupid evidence from some diary and they let me go." He was standing in front of her, furious.

"So they let you go."

"On his word! You know he's training to be an Auror?"

"Yes, bit ridiculous really, one person he defeats and they bypass all the usual criteria. Why are you so angry?"

"Because of him! Everyone will know that he got me out."

"Besides those in the court can not discuss what happened outside and even then. So what? They let you go or did you want to go to prison." He walked away but she followed.

"Perhaps I will help you, if I yell murderer enough times in public they will lock you away without a trial." Having been stressed all day and now incredibly tired she was angry.

"Besides what was I supposed to do? How would it look if you were imprisoned? Your mother too, it would have caused us all sorts of problems. Finally, I might have ended up missing you?" He was in the middle of removing his tie.

"How would it have caused you problems?"

"For a start where would I live? I don't like staying here but I could hardly leave Narcissa alone could I? Secondly what would people say? It's awkward enough without you two in prison. Plus it would get even more bloody awkward in a few months, I'm pregnant, just so you know."

He stood looking at her for a moment.

"Congratulations, you better tell our mothers."

"We can't. Not for another month, when I am three months gone then there is less chance of losing it. I am not going to be pitied if I lose the baby, it will be our secret."

They stood staring at each other, unsure what to do. Eventually he walked towards her and pulled her towards him.

"Do you know what it is yet?" He kissed her forehead.

"No and I don't intend on finding out till I give birth. If it's a girl you will sulk all the way through my pregnancy and if its a boy I will be annoyed that I didn't fight harder when we made our marriage agreement for one child." He chuckled slightly, " We should really celebrate, before your baby ruins my body."