Status: Active, but this will only be a short story.

Our Convenient Downfall

Stupid Letters

The next day Georgiana felt like she was glowing. The night before Narcissa didn't feel in the mood for eating dinner formally, instead they ate when they wanted and where they wanted, Draco and Georgiana didn't feel like leaving their room

She was surprised how happy she was to be pregnant, sure the father wasn't her choice, sure they didn't exactly have a full relationship, but at least she could be sure she would have a pure blooded, gorgeous baby.

Draco was still annoyed the next morning the Harry Potter had rescued him, his father wasn't happy that he had been discharged on Potter's word. Narcissa however was delighted to have her baby and husband back, no matter who's word it was that freed them. Georgiana had never seen Narcissa so happy at breakfast, when she arrived with Draco she was practically run over as Narcissa hugged her son.

After breakfast Lucius mentioned to Draco they needed to discuss something. Before he left Georgiana leant over to him and whispered in his ear,

"After you have finished can you run somewhere and get me some sweets? The baby is craving it." He glared at her slightly as she looked around, his mother had gone and his father was waiting for him at the doorway.

"It's too early for cravings is it not?" She gave him a desperate look,

"Please, Draco." He shook his head and left, as soon as he did Georgiana ran to the bedroom, grabbed some parchment and a quill and began to write,

To Mr Harry Potter,

You probably don't remember me, we used to go to school together but I don't think I ever spoke to you.

I am writing to you on behalf of my husband; Draco Malfoy, to thank you for helping at his trial. I think you will understand that he does not know I am writing this to you, neither would he be particularly happy about it, but I feel like it is only the polite thing to do.

He may not be grateful for the verdict, but myself and his mother certainly are, even if it was on account of your word that it was achieved. From the little I have heard about your testimony I think we understand each other, Draco would not have survived Azkaban, at least not as the person we know him as.

I trust that this will be confidential, our reputation relies on it.

Georgiana Malfoy


When she was finished she quickly addressed an envelope and headed downstairs, luckily as she stepped outside an owl arrived beside her with the mail. She quickly swapped the mail over and headed back inside.

He never went to Honeydukes.
~~

"Georgiana there is a letter for you." The mail had arrived in time for breakfast the next morning, she now felt all three Malfoys staring at her.

"It's probably my mother." She took the letter and placed it on her lap.

"Aren't you going to open it?" Draco was giving her an intense stare, she smiled nervously.

"Not at breakfast, that is a little rude." He quickly picked the letter and held it in front of him, examining the envelope for any hints.

"Draco, please do not open my private mail." He looked at her for a moment before giving it back to her.

As soon as breakfast was finished she ran upstairs, Draco had been delayed by his mother but on seeing her run upstairs he was suspicious. Moments after she left he began to run after her.

Georgiana got to the bedroom door before she noticed Draco at the top of the stairs, she threw herself into the bedroom and locked the door behind her, she went into the bathroom, locking that door with a different spell before locking the door from the bathroom to the dressing room. Finally she locked the dressing room door before opening the letter.

Mrs Malfoy,

Compared to others, Malfoy was fairly innocent. I know the truth of his involvement and the diary, which I am sure you are aware of, only backed up my story.

Regardless of what has happened between us, you are welcome.

H.P.


As she finished reading the door from the bedroom was swept open. Georgiana slipped the note into her bra.

"Draco, what on earth are you doing, I'm getting changed!" He took a few large steps to stand in front of her.

"What's going on, why the secrets?" He looked down at her sternly.

"I really have no idea what you are talking about. These clothes are making my skin itch, must be pregnancy hormones."

"Where is the letter?" He asked putting his arms around her waist, not in a nice way.

"I was right, just from my mother to see how I was?"

"She couldn't have visited?"

"It's much easier for her to write."

"If it is only your mother, let me see it." He smirked before looking serious again.

"No, I left it in the bedside drawer." He quickly moved away from her and headed back into the bedroom, she could hear drawer opened and him rattling inside it.

"Draco that's private!" In his absence she pulled out the letter, quickly setting it on fire. He walked back in just to see the last of it disapear.

"You lied!" She pulled a shocked face.

"You don't have the right to go snooping through my things or to read my letters, they're private!" She pushed him slightly.

~~

It was a few days later when the subject was brought up again.

"Georgiana, another letter." As Lucius handed it to her at breakfast, Draco reached over her and snatched it away. He sat down with it and picked up the letter opener.

"Draco!" Both Georgiana and his mother shouted at the same tine.

"Don't be so rude!" His mother scawled.

"It's private!" She held out her hand and he paused, having opened the corner.

"Draco, please." He put the letter down, on the side opposite her and resumed eating.

Once breakfast was over she continued to try and retrieve her letter, everytime she tried to subtly get close he would move it. Eventually he put it in his pocket and headed upstairs, she quickly followed him until they were back in the room.

"If you have nothing to hide, why can't i see it?" He was holding the letter out to her.

"Do I check up on you? Read your mail?" She sighed.
"Give me the letter and I will let you read it afterwards. I promise." He stepped forward and took one of her wrists in each hand.

"Fine, but this is so you don't try anything." He held her wrists as she opened and read her letter. She smiled, relieved.

"It's just from my mum." He let go of her wrists and she handed it to him. He read it and still did not look happy.

"I will not allow you to bully me. You will not check my mail." She was stern when he eventually looked up from the letter.

"Get ready, we are going out." She reluctantly got ready, when they both had on coats he grabbed her arm and apparated to the front door of her home.

He knocked on the door, her mother answered looking surprised.

"Morning! We are here to pick up Georgiana's parcel." Georgiana gave her mother a worried smile.

"Right, come in." Her mother let them in, had their coats taken by some house elf.
"It's in your fathers study." She led them to the study, the owls had always delivered the post there.

As soon as they entered the room Georgiana knew what the parcel was. On his desk sat a brown book shaped parcel with a letter on top. Her mother left them to it.

"Oh Georgiana, presents!" He picked up the parcel and opened it, she quickly muttered a protection spell as he looked at it.
"An old, blank book?" She shrugged and went to take the letter, he moved it.

"Draco, please. It's a book, I have never seen it before, let me open my letter!" Her voice was soft and quiet. He handed the envelope to her and she opened it, he snatched it out of her hands.

"Harry Potter?" She stepped forward to look at it but he moved away.

"Mrs Malfoy, I am returning to you a book that I believe belongs to your family, it was being used to help us investigate but we have extracted all we can from it. Having lost my own parents I understand how important their previous possessions are." Draco put on a high whiney voice as he read it. "Please accept it along with my apologies that we could not help your father. I hope you and Draco will have a happy life together. Harry Potter."

"Maybe they blanked the book."

"This is the bloody book from my trial, how did the wipe it?" He threw it onto the desk and she picked it up flicking through it, there was a note in the front of it.

I trust Draco can not read this. They have copied the contents of the book and are hunting down those who are missing. My advice is to hide this, for your reputation.

"What are you reading?" He looked at the book, it was blank.

"Can we go now?" He picked up the letter and she picked up the book as they left. She whispered to her mother that they had to go right away and apologised for being so rude. He grabbed her and apparated back into the house. Georgiana debated whether or not to tell the truth as she followed him back into the bedroom, instead she thought she would aggravate him a little more.

"So are you happy now? It was nothing!" He turned to her and walked towards her until her back was against the wall.

"Why was Potter contacting you? What was in that book? What has your traitorous father done now?" He got closer and closer to her until his nose was against hers.

"Do you want the truth?" He looked furious.

"Yes, tell me the damn truth." She was quite scared, she put her hands on his shoulders and pushed him back a little.

"This book is my inheritance. My father wrote down all the Death Eaters he knew, the names, what they have participated in and their last know location. Some even have opinions written underneath."

"What has that to do with Harry Potter?"

"I gave them the book, if they would put in a favourable word in your trial." He was seething as he grabbed it and walked away.

"Have they wiped it clean?"

"No, I did." He paused and looked at her.

"What?"

"It has a spell on it, you can only see what I want." He walked back to her and opened it.

"Show me, I am obviously in it, I want to see!" He shoved the book at her and she muttered a spell. He pulled it back and read it.

"Let me see it all."

"There is something else."

"What?"

"I wrote to Harry Potter to thank him, that is what the letter was."

"You did what?"

"It's polite, there is one more thing."

"Georgiana I swear."

"I sold some of the names to the Aurors, nobody can know about this book. We will be killed if they find it is mine."

"You sold them?"

"Yes, it was before your trial, I have the money stored away, most of it has went as a donation in your name." She took the book off him and muttered the reverse, names, dates and locations quickly appeared on the pages.
"If you hadn't gone to trial I would have sold everyone of them."

"You are a traitor, just like your father."

"No, I am clever, just like my father. I only sold half the names and I got a lot of money for them. Draco we need money, we need to rebuild our reputation. A select few know about the book and that it is mine. For safety I will keep it blank."

"You gave it up for my trial?"

"Yes. For some stupid reason I wanted to get you out." She pointed at her stomach. He sighed.

"Did you have to get Potter involved?"

"Yes, listen we need this money, we have to get the Malfoy name good again. I am not sending our baby to school to be thought of as anything less. Nobody outside of court will know how you got out, we will tell them you bribed them, we hid evidence, we will tell them what we like." He went and sat on the bed.

"Can you not keep secrets from me?"

"Can you not be possessive and jealous?" She sat down beside him, tired from running back and forth.

"I'm not jealous." She smirked

"So what exactly were you worried about?"

"So I was a little jealous." She smirked wider as she got up, planning to change her clothes.

"However Harry Potter was incredible in bed, maybe you should be a little jealous." He looked up at her as she winked.