Status: Brand new story. Feedback always welcome!

If These Sheets Were the States

Everything I Am

Sometimes I wish I had a larger social life than I actually do. Truth be told, I spend most of my time sitting in front of my computer, refreshing my email to see if Alex has responded. Sounds crazy, I know, but I just can't help myself. He's got this amazing band, loads of friends and I have.. A couple of trips for coffee during the week on bus. Thrilling, eh? It bothers me that I expect so much out of Alex, it honestly does. It's just been such a hard year, what with being home-schooled and losing most of my friends, and by the time Alex slipped into my life.. He became my anchor. The only being on the face of this planet that still made me feel connected to, well, anything. Everything I am revolves around that boy and I've never even met him. Not really.

My mom is consantly pressing me about the issue of my computer addiction. I haven't told her that Alex and I are dating, because she's already suggested to me that my new friend may be a murderer from down the street, though she has talked to him on the phone before. One night while Alex and I were in the middle of a deep conversation, my mother burst through the door and demanded to speak to him. From this, she concluded that he wasn't, in fact, a stalker down the street. Instead, she claims him as her adopted son, often referring to him as my long distance brother. Am I bothered by this? Naturally, but I play it cool for the sake our relationship.

Still, the woman hasn't let up about my well-being. She thinks I'm too dependent on Alex.. If only she knew how much that statement was true. I feel pathetic for how much I need him, because I know he needs his friends and his bands probably more than he needs me, but he's just so.. So damn perfect.

"Lex? Lexi?"

I snap my head to the left, my thoughts of Alex shattered. My mom was raising an eyebrow, holding the phone out with a smirk on her face. Only two people would be requesting to speak to me on the phone, my grandma, or Alex. I grin like a fool and take the phone from her hand.

"Alex," I happily sing his name. "How was practice?"

"Fuck practice," Alex mumbled. The smile instantly fell from my lips. "Lexi, do you think we're crazy for being together?"

"I think we're crazy, but not because we're together, no.."

"Good." I could hear his breath catch in his throat. He was nervous. "I have to tell you something, but you have to promise not to freak out on me, okay?"

"Okay." I gulp. "I promise."

"I- Well, I'm coming to see you, damnit. I can't take this distance anymore. Even if I only see you for one night, I'm coming."

"Alex, that's ridiculous," I groan, wanting to reach out and smack him for getting my hopes up. Seeing Alex would be the most amazing thing that ever happened to me. I wanted nothing more than to feel his arms around me, kiss his perfect lips, see if his pictures honestly do him justice.. But at the same time, the thought is scary. When he saw me, would he still be attracted to me? Would he like who I am outside of the web? Probably not. "Your mom would never allow that."

"I know," there was a smile in his voice. I heard him shuffle the phone around a bit before his voice became clear again. "That's why I'm not going to tell her."

By now, my heart was pounding in my chest. He wasn't joking. Alex Gaskarth really wanted to break all the rules and come see me. But how would he get here? A chill shot down my spine at the idea. For all I know, he could show up at my door step in the middle of the night.

"How are you going to get here, Alex?"

"I've been saving up money for a while. Besides, I have a car now. It'll take me a while.. A long while, probably. Plus I'll have to think of some excuse as to why I'm gone.. But I'm coming, Lexi. I swear to you I'm coming."

Impulse took over my body. Love was a strong feeling, and I knew that whatever mess Alex was creating for himself, I'd being going down with him.

"I'll meet you half way," I whisper, trying not to scream with excitement. "I've got plenty of money in my bank account. I'll pull it, buy one of those mobile phones that don't require a contract and I'll start heading your way."

"Meet in the middle, huh?" Alex chuckled, that sexy laugh that just made me want to melt. "Sounds great. Start thinking of a plan to get away from your family and call me back tonight."

"Yeah, okay."

"And Lex?"

The smile plastered on my lips was making my cheeks hurt.

"I love you."

God, he was amazing.. And soon, soon he'd be in my arms.

"I love you too, Alex."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wanted you guys to meet Lexi before the story takes off. (: