Better Days.

Kissed.

I remember the first time we kissed.

You were the first boy I had ever felt comfortable with, yet my legs trembled in your presence. When you opened the door that afternoon, you were wearing a t-shirt and mesh shorts, but I still thought you were the most perfect creature I had laid eyes on. You smiled, and my heart skipped a beat. "Hey baby girl," you said, your smile not once fading. I smiled, too. You closed the door and held me in your arms. We stayed like this for a while, not wanting to break contact. You kept mumbling into my hair how much you loved me. I was silent, because my words never sounded as good as yours. When we finally did pull away, you looked at me. I could tell you wanted to kiss me. I panicked - I didn't know what to do, and I couldn't ruin this moment. But I did. I began rambling about how I didn't know what I was doing, how I didn't want to screw this up. You laughed, but took your hand and delicately held my face. "Baby girl," you said, "I love you." And with that, your lips met mine and it was the most amazing thing I had ever felt.

Although I may not know much, I do know this - in that moment, I knew there was never going to be another boy like you. And that scared me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my story from this point forward. I'm going to talk about him and pain and hitting rock bottom. The chapters after this will be longer.