Trust the Instinct

016:

-Alexis-
“I can’t remember!” I yelled towards the Deputy who asked me had happened to my Grandmother. I growled towards him and went to grab him, a sudden rush of anger went through my body as I saw that my wrist was handcuffed to the bed, “What is this?!”

“You’re under investigation for the murder of Dana Par-“

“I DIDN’T DO IT!!!” I yelled loudly and saw him step back a little and I growled.

“Then what happened?” he asked.

I cried out, brought my knees to my chest and held my head, “I don’t remember.”

“I need to know what happened!”

“I told you! I don’t remember.”

“You’re lying! You’re poor Grandmother took you in and you killed her! For what?!”

“I DIDN’T DO IT!!!!” I cried, “I didn’t do it! I didn’t do it! I didn’t do it!”

“What are you doing?!” I heard and looked up to see Mrs. McCall walking into the room and glaring at the Deputy, “This girl is injured! Do you think that ‘now’ is the best time to interrogate her?!”

“I’m just doing my job-“

“Get out!” she yelled and I gulped back another cry.

“She’s a suspect in the murder-“

“Go!” he glared at Mrs. McCall, “Go!” she growled and he rolled his eyes, but then nodded his head and then walked out of the room and Mrs. McCall walked over towards me and rubbed my back, “Oh honey, I’m sorry.”

“I didn’t do it,” I said and she nodded her head, “I didn’t do it. I didn’t do it. I didn’t do it.”

“I know you didn’t, the boys know you didn’t either,” she said and I sniffled.

“Why do they think I did it?”

“I don’t know,” she said and I sniffled again.

“Why can’t I remember?” I asked and she sighed and rubbed my shoulder.

“I don’t know, it’ll come back though, you’ll remember what happened,” Mrs. McCall said and then started to wipe my tears with some tissues, “Just get some rest,” she said and then I nodded her head, “What are these from?”

I looked by her hands and saw that she was pointing towards the scars on my shoulders from when Derek kidnapped me and dug his claws into my shoulders, “Just my cousin playing to rough with me when I was younger,” I lied, but she nodded her head and headed towards the door.

“Just get some sleep.”

“Thanks,” I said and watched as she walked out of the door. I sighed and wrapped my arms around my knees and laid my head on top of my arms and stared out the window, ‘…Gram…’

“Those will heal,” I heard and snapped my head to the side to see light blue glowing eyes in the dark corner of the room.

“Who’s there?” I asked and then saw the person come into the light. My eyes widened and I tried to jump out of the bed and run, but my wrist was still handcuffed to the bed. I cursed and saw that he was walking closer to me, “What do you want?!”

“To talk, relax,” he said and then sat in the seat next to my bed.

“You tried to kill me!” I yelled and he sighed.

“You knew a secret that you shouldn’t have,” he said and I growled.

“Not like I wanted to know it! I walked in on Scott trying to kill Stiles! Not my fault!” I said and Derek sighed.

“You know, that’s the end of it, now you’re a part of it,” Derek stated and I glared.

“I know and it sucks! I don’t want to be! I’ve had to witness my friend almost getting killed, had to dig up a body, and then-“

“You don’t know, do you?” he asked and I looked at him confused.

“Don’t know what?” Derek stood up and ripped my blanket from me, “What are you doing?!” Derek held my leg down as he pulled up my hospital gown and showed me the big bandage on my side, “What is that?”

“You can’t feel that?” he asked, “No pain?”

“No,” I breathed and looked at Derek, “What is it? Why is that there? What’s happening?”

Derek sighed and then pulled down the bandage and showed me that nothing was there, “It healed.”

“What? What healed?!” I asked and he sat back down and I covered myself up again.

Derek growled and then moved up to my shoulders and pulled down the cloth to see my shoulders and to show me that the scars were starting to fade, “You’re healing faster than I thought.”

“What’s going on, Derek? What’s happening to me?”

“You were bitten by the Alpha,” Derek said and I looked at him confused.

“Bitten? Alpha? Am I what Scott is?” I asked and Derek nodded his head, “Why?! Why?! What did I do to deserve this?! I can’t go through-“

“Calm down, it’ll be all right,” Derek said and I shook my head and started to pull on my handcuffs, but then stopped because I knew I wasn’t strong enough to break free, “No, keep going, pull out of them.”

“I can’t-“

“You can, you’re strong enough, just do it,” he said and I sighed and looked at the handcuffs and started to pull on them. The metal was rubbing against my wrists and it was starting to hurt, “Keep going!” Derek growled and I flinched but listened. My eyes widened when I jerked back hard and saw the metal chain in-between the cuffs break in half, the one half of the cuff on my wrist, while the other still attached to the bed, “You did it.”

“I did it,” I breathed and looked up to see Derek looking at me, his eyes glowing blue.

“You don’t have all the powers, you won’t get them until the next full moon,” he said and I gulped, “I’ll help you through it.”

“Why do they say not to trust you?” I asked and Derek looked at me, “Why should I trust you?”

“Because I’m all you have at the moment,” he said and held out his hand, “Scott can’t show you how to control yours until he controls his.”

“I didn’t kill my Gram,” I said and Derek nodded his head.

“I know.”

“Why can’t I remember what happened?” I asked and Derek put his hand down and sighed, “Do you know what happened?”

“You need to dig deep into your thoughts, I’ll take you back there after I show you how to use your senses, and you tell me what happened,” Derek said and I gulped and nodded my head. He held his hand out again and looked at me, “Do you trust me?”

“No, but you’re all I have.”

-Scott-
“Scott! Scott!” I heard and turned around to see Stiles running towards me, “We have a problem! Big problem, very big problem!”

“What?!” I asked annoyed as Stiles started to drag me through the hallway towards the boys locker room, “Stiles, what is it?”

“I just got off the phone with my dad,” he said and I shook my head.

“Yeah, so?”

“Lexi’s missing from the hospital,” he said and my eyes widened, “They had her handcuffed to the bed and the cuffs were broken!”

“What?!” I yelled in a hushed voice and then looked around to see that no one was there.

“My dad said that they put out a warrant for her arrest!” Stiles said and my eyes widened and I ran my fingers through my hair and held my head.

“Oh man, oh man, oh man, this is bad, this is very bad,” I said and Stiles nodded my head, “We need to find her!”