Trust the Instinct

017:

-Alexis-
“Go through it again,” Derek said as I walked towards the front door, walking under the caution tape and stepping into my home, “Use your instincts.”

“Derek, we’ve done this nine times! I’ve got-“

“Just do it!” he growled and I sighed and walked around the house and tried to remember what happened that night.

, “What the hell is that?” I asked myself as I looked at my door strangely when I saw this circular marking carved into my door. I ran my fingers over the carving and then stepped back and took a picture of it and sent it to Stiles and Scott, asking if they knew what it was. I snapped my head to the side when I heard a crash coming from upstairs, “Gram?!” I called and then walked into the house, “Gram?! Is that you?”

I weakly heard my name being called.

“Gram?!” I yelled and then dropped my keys and ran up the stairs, calling for my Grandmother.

“Lexi!” I heard and ran into my Grandmother’s bedroom to find her hiding in the corner.

“What’s wrong?! What’s happening?!”

“Someone’s in the house!” she said and I tensed and looked around.

“Come on! We need to get out of here!” I said and then helped my Grandmother up and walked towards the bedroom door, into the hall, down the stairs, and towards the front door. Just as I opened the door, the knob slipped between my fingers and the door slammed closed, “Run Gram!”

We ran towards the back door, as we entered the kitchen, I was thrown to the side; I slammed against the wall and hit the floor. I looked up and saw…


“Lexi- Lexi! Lexi, look at me!” I heard and opened my eyes to see that I was being held by Scott.

“Scott,” I said weakly and then felt like my head was on fire.

“Hold on Lexi!” Scott said and I felt like I was being picked up.

-Scott-
“Stiles, hurry!” I yelled as Stiles swerved through traffic to get to the hospital, Alexis going in and out of consciousness.

“Dude, did you wolf out to find her?” Stiles asked and I shook my head.

“I just figured she would go there first,” I said and Stiles nodded his head and pulled up in front of the emergency room entrance at the hospital, “Meet you inside?”

“Yeah, let me park the car,” he said and I nodded my head and quickly climbed out of the jeep and headed inside.

“Mom!” I called when I saw my mom.

“You found her!” she said as she ran over and then called a table. I laid her on the table and watched as my mom checked Alexis’ vitals, “She’s going to be just fine.”

I nodded my head and watched as she was taken away. I sighed and then looked at my phone to see that I had a few missed texts from Allison wondering if Alexis was found yet. I heard my name and looked up to see Stiles heading towards me, with his father not far behind.

“Scott, I need to know what you saw,” Sheriff said as he grabbed his notepad and pen.

I sighed and was about to start when I heard my name and turned to see my Mom walking towards me, “Where’d you find her?”

“Stiles and I went back to her house on a hunch,” I said and then looked towards the Sheriff, “We found her in the middle of the kitchen floor, she was crying.”

“She keeps on muttering ‘I need to remember’,” my Mom said and I looked towards her and then towards Stiles.

“Does that mean that she still doesn’t remembers what happened to her Grandmother?” Sheriff asked and I looked back towards my Mom.

“Maybe, we won’t know for sure until she fully wakes up,” she said and I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

“Man, I can’t figure this out,” Sheriff muttered as he turned around and started to walk away. Stiles chased after him and asked what was wrong, “We did an autopsy, the slash on the neck wasn’t made from a knife, the Doctor said that it was a claw of some kind.”

“A claw?” Stiles asked and then looked at me and I saw the Sheriff nod his head, “Wow that is weird.”

“Yeah, make sure you two are safe tonight,” Sheriff said and I nodded my head, “Remember that your friend still has a warrant against her.”

“She didn’t do anything, Dad!” Stiles said and the Sheriff gave him a hard look before turning around and leaving.

I felt my phone going off and saw that Allison was texting me again, “I have to make a phone call,” I said and then walked away from Stiles and leaned against the wall, called Allison to tell her that Alexis was fine and back in the hospital, I told her where Stiles and I found her and then listened to Allison tell me that Lydia and Danny were worried about her.

“Scott!” I heard and turned to see Stiles and my Mom standing together. I walked over towards them and looked at my Mom, “Alexis is not making sense, she mumbling in her sleep, and I can’t make heads or tails of it.”

“Let me see,” I said and then walked towards the room and just as I was about to open the door, I sniffed the air and smelled another scent in the room. I pulled the door opened and looked to see Derek standing by her bedside, “What are you doing here?! It was you that got her out?! Wasn’t it?!”

“Mind your business, Scott!” Derek said with his back to me. I walked over towards him and stood at the end of the bed, listened to Alexis speak weirdly and then looked towards Derek to see that he was giving her a hard look.

“What does it mean?” I asked and Derek sighed. Alexis started to make motions with her hands, we both looked at her confused, until I watched as Derek grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and handed it to the unconscious girl. I watched as she started to make like a swirling sign on the paper, and the more she swirled the angrier Derek got, “Derek! What does it mean?!”

“Trouble,” he said before he turned around and walked out of the room.

I looked back towards Alexis and saw that she was crying in her sleep and saying ‘Gram’ over and over again, ‘…We’ll find who did this, Lexi. I promise…’

-Alexis-
“Thanks for letting me stay with you, Stiles,” I said as I placed my clothes in the guest bedroom.

“It’s no problem, Lexi, just until your house is finished,” he said and I sighed and then sat on the bed.

“Something tells me that this is more than just letting me stay because of my house,” I said and Stiles looked at me and then we looked out into the hallway to see the Sheriff standing there looking at us, “I didn’t do it, Sheriff.”

“We just need evidence-“

“So you don’t believe me,” I said and the Sheriff sighed.

“I believe what the evidence is telling me,” he said and I sighed.

“And the evidence is telling you that I’m responsible for killing my Gram?” I asked and the Sheriff gave me a hard look, he didn’t say anything, not knowing what to say, “Didn’t think so.”

“Lexi-“ Stiles said as I stood up from the bed, walked past the Sheriff and headed down the stairs.

“Don’t leave this town!” I heard the Sheriff yell and I growled and walked out of the house, heading towards the road and walking.

I was upset that my bike was impounded and won’t be released to me until I was proven innocent. I heard a car pull up next to me and turned to see a silver Porsche, “What are you doing?”

“Walking,” I said as I looked to see Jackson in the car, “What does it look like?”

The car stopped and I heard the door open, “Lexi, stop! You’re still hurt! You should be resting-“

“Why do you care?!” I snapped and glared at Jackson.

“I’m just trying to help,” he said and I sighed and looked at the ground, “Can I give you a ride?”

“Take me home,” I said and Jackson nodded his head and walked me over towards the passenger seat and sat me in.

He drove me to my Grandmother’s house in silence and then walked inside with me, we went under the caution tape and looked around the dark home.

“Should we really be here?”

“I need to remember,” I said and then looked back towards Jackson, “I need to remember what happened.”

“I’ll be out here,” he said as I walked into the kitchen and looked around.

“Run Gram!”

We ran towards the back door, as we entered the kitchen, I was thrown to the side; I slammed against the wall and hit the floor. I looked up and saw two red eyes staring back at me, they were behind my Gram, it was a man, I couldn’t see his face though, just those red eyes.

“Gram!” I called out and watched as she struggled against him. I jumped up and tried to run to her, but he sliced her through and blood splattered everywhere, “GRAM!!!”

I looked back up and saw the man charging towards me, shadows covering everything but those red eyes. I let out a scream and then saw nothing but darkness.


“Lexi! Lexi! Can you hear me?! Lexi!”

“I’m all right,” I groaned as I held my head and looked around to see that I was on the ground in the kitchen and saw that Jackson had me leaning against him, “I’m all right.”

“What happened?” he asked and I looked at him and then towards the area where I saw my Grandmother hit the floor, “Lexi?”

“I remember.”