Trust the Instinct

005:

“Welcome to your new home, Pepper,” I smiled brightly as I slowly walked Pepper into the house, “Gram! I’m home!” I called out and placed my Grandmother’s car keys in the bowl by the door, “Gram?!”

“In the kitchen!” she called and I smiled and walked towards the kitchen and smiled towards her, “Is she here?”

“Yes!” I squealed and then brought Pepper around and showed her to my Grandmother.

“Oh she’s pretty.”

“I know right!” I smiled and then bent down to pet he head.

“How long is the cast on her leg for?”

“A few more weeks, want to make sure that her leg is fully healed before we take it off,” I said and my Grandmother nodded her head.

“Now remember, this dog is your responsibility,” she said and I nodded my head, “Are you going to that party tonight?”

“Yeah, I’m going to get ready for it now,” I said and my Grandmother nodded my head.

“How did your Chemistry test go?”

“Oh, I think I did good on it, I understood the stuff thanks to Danny-“

“Are you sure that boy’s gay?” Gram asked and I laughed and nodded my head.

“I know, I’m sad too,” I said and then bent down, picked Pepper up and walked up the stairs, “Come on, Pepper, you can help me pick out an outfit,” when I walked into my room I heard my phone going off and saw that Allison was calling me, “Hello?”

“Lexi! Hey, Scott’s going to be here any minute, I’m so nervous!” Allison said and I laughed and placed Pepper on my bed and walked towards my closet.

“It’s going to be all right, Scott’s really excited for this,” I said and started to go through all of my clothes, “Hey, what are you wearing tonight?”

“Um, jeans, a tank and blazer,” she said and I sighed, “Why?”

“I can’t think of what to wear,” I said, “Help?”

“Oh crap, I can’t, Scott just pulled up. Eeek, wish me luck!” Allison said and then hung up the phone.

I groaned and then sighed and looked towards Pepper, “Well she was no help at all,” I dug through my closet a little bit more before I finally came to a decision on an outfit, “How ‘bout that, girl?” Pepper gave a little bark and I smiled, “Well all righty then.”

I placed my clothes on my bed, a pair of black jean jeggings, tan ankle boots with a little heel, a white tank top and then a black flowing shirt. I walked into my attached bathroom, took a shower and did what I needed to do.

When I came back into my room to see that Pepper was sniffing my clothes, I laughed a little and then started to get dress, “Hmmm, hair up or down?” I texted Danny and played with my hair a little, he replied with it down and I nodded my head, blow drying my hair and then putting some product in it to give my blond locks a little curl. I changed into my clothes, did a once over in the mirror and then picked Pepper up and brought her back downstairs, with her leg in that cast, I knew she would have a hard time getting up and down the stairs. I said goodbye to my Grandmother and I was out the door, texting Allison that I was on my way.
Image
It didn’t take me long to get to the party, and since I was riding my bike, I pulled right up the driveway and parked in front of Lydia’s car, best thing about a motorcycle was that I didn’t have to stress for a parking spot.

I walked into the backyard where the party was and saw that Allison and Scott were dancing together. Allison waved towards me and I smirked and waved back.

“Hey gorgeous,” I heard and turned my head to see a really drunk guy.

“Not in your wildest dreams,” I said and pushed him back when he got a little close and then snorted when he tripped back and landed in the pool.

“Hey,” I turned my head again and looked at this boy who was taller than me, looked to be my age, but looked really shy.

“Hi,” I said as I looked to see that his hands were stuffed in his pockets and he was really nervous.

“I’m Isaac,” he said and I gave him a smiled and shook his hand when he held his out, “You’re Lexi, right? The motorgirl?”

“Oh my god,” I laughed, “I don’t like that name at all,” I said and he gave a nervous laugh.

“Sorry,” he said and I shook my head, “You want to get something to drink?”

“Sure,” I said and then followed Isaac back into the house and over towards where the drinks were in the kitchen, “Actually I’m just water for now, drove my bike over.”

“Ok, cool,” he said and then grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

“So you go to the school?”

“Yeah, I’m on the lacrosse team, actually that’s how I saw you,” he said and then rubbed the back of his neck, “Danny told me about you.”

“Oh, cool, Danny’s nice,” I said and Isaac nodded his head.

“So uh…”

I drowned him out, my attention being snapped away as I saw Scott storming past everyone looking like he was in pain, “Uh, hold that thought, I’ll be back!”

“Uh, ok,” he said and I ran off following Scott.

I didn’t make it though; Allison was outside watching as Scott drove off, “Allison!” I called and she turned and looked at me sadly.

“I don’t know what happened? He just took off,” she said and I looked at her confused.

“I’ll see what’s going on,” I said and then ran towards my bike, started it up and followed after Scott. I had lot him and I didn’t know where he lived, so I just pulled off to the side and called Allison, she said that one of Scott’s friends, Derek, drove her home, “You want me to come over?”

“Yes please,” she said and I looked around to see where I was. Allison gave me directions and I told her I would be there in a few minutes.

When I arrived at her house, I rang the doorbell and an older woman answered the door, she kind of scared me a little, “Yes?”

“Uh, hi, is Allison-“

“Lexi! Sorry mom, this is my friend, Lexi,” Allison said and her mom smiled towards me and held out her hand.

“Charmed,” she said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Likewise.”

“Cute outfit,” Allison’s mom said and I gave her and awkward smile.

“Thanks, my Aunt ran a clothing store back in New York, she would always get discounts,” I said and her mom smiled towards me.

“Very nice,” she said and then Allison took my hand and we walked up the stairs and towards her room.

“Ok, what happened?” I asked as Allison closed her door and I sat on the corner of her bed, “Cute room.”

“Thanks,” she said and then walked over towards me and sat next to me, “I don’t know, everything was fine, we were dancing, weren’t even there long and it was like a switch flipped and he looked like he was in a lot of pain.”

“I don’t know, he was really excited for this date, maybe he didn’t feel well and just didn’t want to cancel it,” I said and Allison shrugged her shoulders, “It’s a full moon tonight, people do some crazy things on the night of the full moon.”

Allison and I heard the doorbell going off rapidly and then someone started pounding on the front door of the house, we looked at each other confused and then walked towards her bedroom door and then to the hallway, looking down to the first floor since it was all opened area to see a boy from school.

“Hi, Mrs. Argent! I’m- I’m- You have no idea who I am but- I’m a friend of your daughter’s, uh, well look, this is gunna sound kind of crazy but- Really crazy actually but- You know crazy doesn’t even begin-“

“Allison!” her mom called and I leaned against the banister and looked down towards the boy who was struggling with his words, “It’s for you.”

The boy looked up towards us, I recognized him from school, he was one of Scott’s friends, he saw us and actually looked surprised, like he didn’t expect us to be there, “I uh- I um, just wanted to make sure you got home safe,” he said and then looked at me, “I’m gunna go now.”

“Yeah, you probably should,” I smirked and he spun around before pointing that he was going to go, nodded his head and then disappeared from the doorway.

“Wow,” Allison laughed.

“Yeah, wow,” I smirked, “That’s what the full moon does to people.”