Trust the Instinct

007:

-Alexis-
“So are we good?” I heard when I closed my locker. I jumped a little and looked to see that Stiles was leaning against the locker next to me, “Lexi-“

“Don’t,” I hissed and he looked at me confused, “You best friend just told me last night that he was a wer-“

“Shhh, shhh, shhh, keep it down,” Stiles insisted and then looked around, “Yes, Scott told you what he was, and it’s the god honest truth- But we need you to keep that little bit of information to yourself!”

“Who the hell would believe me?!” I yelled with my hands throw in the air and Stiles freaked and kept on shushing me. The bell rang and I turned around and walked away from Stiles and headed towards my first period class.

“Hey, you feeling all right?” I heard and looked to my side to see Danny there.

“Oh uh, no, I have a headache,” I said and he nodded his head.

Classes went by slowly today, and to add to the fact that I didn’t sleep well last night didn’t help at all. By the time lunch came, I gave up and signed myself out of school, heading towards my bike and wanting to drive home to get some rest before I needed to go into work.

“Nice bike,” I heard and looked up to see a boy that I didn’t recognize.

“Uh, thanks,” I said as I started to put my helmet on, but then stopped and took it off again when the guy started to touch my bike, “Can I help you with something?”

“You can actually,” he said and I looked at him confused, but then my eyes widened when his eyes glowed yellow. I went to scream, but he covered my mouth and I inhaled a something sweet and soon found myself to be dizzy, “I just need to have a little chat.”

-Stiles-
“Hey, have you guys seen Lexi?” I overheard Danny ask Allison and Lydia.

“Uh, she told me she wasn’t feeling well so she was going to head home,” Allison answered and I tried to subtly eavesdrop on their conversation.

“Yeah, that’s what she told me too, but her bike is still in the parking lot,” Danny said and my eyes widened and I grabbed for my phone to text Scott.

“Maybe her Gram picked her up?” Allison said and Danny sighed and nodded his head.

“Yeah, you’re probably right,” he said, but I knew it wasn’t nothing, something was up.

I ran out of the library and ran through the halls to find Scott, as I passed the one part of the hall, I saw my dad and one of his deputies talking to one of the teachers, I figured with Scott’s wolfie abilities, he would be able to pick up on the conversation. Luckily I found him by his locker, which was just around the corner.

“Hey, come here!” I said and grabbed him and started to pull him to the corner to see if he could peek in on their conversation.

“What?” he asked a little annoyed.

“Come here and tell me what they’re saying,” I said and pushed Scott against the wall and pointed towards my dad, “Can you hear them?”

“Shh!” Scott said and I nodded my head. I watched as he listened in on the conversation and waited for him to let me know what was going on. Scott pulled away and looked at me, “Curfew because of the body.”

“Unbelievable, my dad’s out looking for a rabid animal while the jerkoff who actually killed the girl is just hanging out, doing whatever he wants.”

“You can’t exactly tell you dad the truth about Derek,” Scott said.

“I can do something,” I said and then sighed.

“Like what?”

“Like find the other half of the body, right after we find Lexi,” I said and Scott sighed and then caught on to what I had just said.

“What?” he asked, eyes wide.

“I caught a conversation between Danny and Allison, he was asking her if she had seen Lexi. Apparently Lexi didn’t feel well and was going to leave school early-“

“So, what’s wrong with that?” Scott asked.

“Her bike is still here,” I said and Scott looked at me confused, “Yeah, everyone who knows Lexi knows that she loves that bike and would not leave it at school.”

“Where does she park her bike?” Scott asked and I patted his shoulder and told him to follow me.

We walked out into the parking lot and walked over towards where Alexis’ bike was. Scott and I stood next to her bike and saw her helmet on the ground, “Scott,” I said and then pointed towards the ignition where the keys still laid, “She was taken?”

Scott sniffed the air and then sneezed, “There’s something sweet in the air, and it’s making my head dizzy.”

“Sweet? Dizzy?” I asked and Scott nodded his head.

“Stiles!” I heard and looked to see my dad walking towards us.

“Dad! Quick question!” I yelled and walked over towards him.

“Why are you in class-“

“Free period, about the question.”

My dad sighed, “What is it?”

“Chloroform has a sweet smell, right?” I asked and my dad looked at me confused, “Right?”

“Yeah, why? What are you up to-“

“Science project!” I said quickly as I turned around, grabbed Scott and then started to head towards my jeep, “She’s been taken!”

“Who would take her?” Scott asked as we hopped into my jeep.

“I don’t know!” I said and Scott took a deep breath.

“Why would someone- Did someone take her because she found out what I was?!” Scott asked and I shook my head not knowing.

“If that is the case, who would take her- Derek!” I said and Scott’s eyes widened and he nodded his head.

“Derek took Lexi!” Scott yelled and I sped out of the parking lot and headed towards the Beacon Hills Preserve.

-Alexis-
I woke up, feeling dizzy and weak, finding myself tied down to a chair in what looked to be an old abandoned home. I had duck tape over my mouth, rope around my wrists and ankles and then a piece of rope around my chest.

“You’re awake?” I heard and looked to my side to see the guy that I saw in the parking lot standing there, “How do you feel?” I was yelling at him, telling him to let me go, but with the tape over my mouth, everything was being muffled. The guy walked up behind me, placed his hands on my shoulders and bent his face next to my ear, “That good, huh?”

‘…Why is this happening to me?...’ I thought as I felt really sharp nails going into my shoulders, feeling like they were breaking skin. I screamed out in pain, but that was muffled by the tape as well.

“I hear that you know our secret,” he said and I gulped, not know what he was talking about, “No one is allowed to know, we take care of those who know our secret.”

‘…Oh my god, he’s going to kill me! Help!...’ I wanted to scream for help, but I had a feeling that no one would be able to hear me. I muffled out another scream as the nail went deeper into my shoulder.

“This, this is just the beginning-“

“Derek! Stop it!” I heard and looked up to see Scott and Stiles running into the house, “Lexi! Oh my god! Let her go!”

“Lexi!” Stiles yelled and went to run for me, but the guy known as Derek pushed my chair to the side and I landed on my side and hit my head off of the ground. My vision was a little blurry after that, but I was able to make out Scott going after Derek and Stiles skidding on the floor in front of me, “I’m going to get you out of here, Lexi.”

‘…Hurry…’

“Just hold on! I’m gunna get you out!” Stiles kept on saying and I could feel the rope around me loosening, “Almost there, just stay with me! Ok, I’m gunna take the tape off now,” he said and then quickly ripped the tape off of my mouth and I let out a scream of pain that’s been muffled for the past however long I’ve been here, “Yeah, ok, that looked like it hurt.”

“Get me out of here!” I screamed and Stiles jumped but then continued his work on getting me free.