Trust the Instinct

009:

-Alexis-
“Wait, something’s different,” Scott said as he Stiles and I climbed out of the jeep after Derek pulled away.

“Different how?” Stiles asked as he and I grabbed the shovels and I handed the one that I had to Scott.

“I don’t know,” Scott said and Stiles and I followed Scott to the side of the house, “Let’s just get this over with.”

“So you’re really gunna dig up a body?” I asked as I looked back and forth at Scott and Stiles.

“What happened to ‘we’?” Stiles asked and I scoffed.

“Do you really think that I’m gunna to help you dig up a body?” I asked and Stiles rolled his eyes as he and Scott started to dig, “I’ll keep a look out.”

“All right,” Scott said and I took a few steps back and looked around the old burnt down Hale property.

After about an hour of standing there manning the flash light and watching as the two dug, I realized that they weren’t going to be getting anywhere if they didn’t hurry up, Derek could come back at any second.

“This is taking way too long,” Scott said, seeming to be reading my mind.

“Just keep going,” Stiles said and I sighed.

“What if he comes back?”

“Then we get the hell out of here,” I said and Stiles nodded his head.

“What if he catches us?” Scott said and I growled.

“I have a plan for that,” Stiles said and Scott and I looked at him surprised.

“Which is?” Scott and I asked.

“You run one way,” he said while looking at Scott, “You run one way,” he said while looking at me, “And I run the other. Whoever he catches first, too bad.”

“Great plan,” I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

“I hate that plan!” Scott said and I sighed, sat down, letting my legs dangle down into the hole that the boys had started to dig up.

“All right, stop, stop, stop!” Stiles said and I shined the light down to see that Stiles’ shovel had hit something.

“Is it the body?” I asked and Stiles shrugged his shoulders, ‘…There’s something I’d never thought I’d say…’

“Hurry!” Scott said and I assumed that they had found the body.

“I’m trying,” Stiles muttered, “Did he have to tie the thing in like nine hundred knots?”

“I’ll do it,” Scott said and he and Stiles were both going at it.

The both pulled the rope off, pulled the cloth back and scream loudly, jumping out of the hole and scaring the crap out of me. When Stiles had jumped out of the hole, he had jumped right onto my and was now practically sitting in my lap.

“Get off!” I hissed and pushed Stiles off of me and looked in the hole to see that it was a half of a body of a wolf, not a girl.

“What the hell is that?!” Stiles yelled.

“It’s a wolf!” Scott said and I sighed.

“Yeah! I can see that!” Stiles yelled and the two of them came up on each side of me and looked down in the hole, “I thought you said you smelled blood? As in human blood?”

“I told you something was different,” Scott said and I sighed.

“This would be explaining the ‘different’,” I muttered and then shook my head.

“This doesn’t make sense,” Stiles said and I looked at him like he was crazy.

“Really?” I asked, “You really just said that? That this,” I pointed towards the wolf, “doesn’t make sense? Stiles your best friend is a werewolf and you’re saying that this doesn’t make sense.”

“We gotta get out of here,” Scott said and then helped me up, but as I stood, something caught my eye.

‘…What is that?...’ I thought as I walked around the boys and over to where I saw this purple color flower, it was so pretty and all alone.

“Lexi, what’s wrong?” Scott asked as he saw me walking closer to the flower.

‘…Why would there only be one flower?...’ I thought as I bent down in front of the floor, “Stiles,” I called and heard movement behind me.

“Yeah?” he asked as he bent down next to me.

“This flower,” I started and then saw Stiles look at it and then looked back towards the wolf, “Is that-“

“Wolfsbane,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Would make sense when Scott said that the scent was different,” I said and Scott nodded his head.

“What’s wolfsbane?” Scott asked and I sighed.

“You’re a werewolf and you don’t even know your own weaknesses,” I muttered and heard Stiles snicker.

“Haven’t you ever seen The Wolf Man?” Stiles asked and Scott shook his head, “Lon Chaney Jr.? Claude Rains?” Scott shook his head, “The original classic werewolf movie?”

“No, what?!” Scott yelled.

“Unbelievable, you are so unprepared for this,” Stiles said and I snorted and watched as Stiles picked up the flower and started to pull at the roots and I watched in amazement at how long the root really was. It went a few rings around the hole that the boys dug.

“Stiles,” Scott breathed and Stiles and I looked and jumped a little, seeing that the wolf that was just lying there was now the other half to the missing girl.

“Shit,” I breathed and then gulped, ‘…This is getting crazy…’

“We need to go and call my dad,” Stiles said and I nodded my head.

The boys put all the dirt back and then we all headed out of there; the guys dropped me off at my home and then took off. I showered and changed back into my shorts and sports bra and got as much sleep as I could, thanking the lord that it was Friday.

Morning came and I was being woken up by someone bursting into my room and jumping on my bed, “Whoever you are, go away!”

“Wake up, Lexi! You have to see this!” I heard and turned my head to see Stiles there.

“What?” I asked sleepily as I turned in my bed and looked sat up, “Why?”

“Come on! Get dressed, come on!” he said and I said and climbed out of bed, got dressed in some skinny jeans and one of my hockey shirts, not really caring too much about my appearance. I fed and took out Pepper before being drug into Stiles’ jeep, after grabbing my leather jacket.

“Where are we going?” I asked and looked to see that Stiles was going the same way that we went to Derek’s last night, “Why are we going back here?”

“You’ll see,” he said and I nodded my head and watched to see that up ahead were police cars, “We’ll have to walk from here, it’s not that far.”

“I think I can handle it,” I said and Stiles nodded his head and parked his car. We walked towards the area and I saw Scott up ahead and hurried over towards him, “What’s going on?”

“They’re arresting Derek,” Scott said as I watched at that moment a deputy bringing Derek out of his burnt down home and placing him in the police car, handcuffed.

“What if it wasn’t him?” I asked and Scott looked at me surprised.

“It’s pretty hard not to prove that it was him now, the body-“

“I know, I know, it all looks really bad, but Scott, just think, Derek was trying to help you, why would he do this?” I asked and Scott sighed.

“I don’t know, I think he was screwing with my mind,” Scott said and I sighed and shook my head.

“Maybe your right,” I said and then Scott and I watched as Stiles walked over towards the cop car that Derek was placed in, “What is he doing?”

“Stiles no!” Scott whispered loudly.

“Stiles!” I hissed and then growled when Stiles jumped into the front seat of the cop car and started talking with Derek, “Unbelievable.”

“Uh oh,” Scott said and I looked to see that Stiles’ dad was walking to the car, clearly seeing what
his son was doing.

“Yup,” I sighed and watched as the scene played out in front of us. The sheriff taking his son, having a word with him and then sending him on his way, “How was your chat?”

“Oh well the good news, I’m not grounded-“

“NO! With Derek,” I growled and Stiles sighed.

“Right, um, let’s talk about that later,” he said and then looked back towards his dad who was yelling for him to leave, “Let’s go.”