Status: Active!

Dear Ty

2

Dear Ty,

Remember how we met? You and Sam both made the basketball team, and you came over that one day to practice with him? I was upstairs on the phone with Nicole when you first came and didn't get to meet you when my parents did. But a little while later, my mom called me downstairs to get you guys for dinner. I went out to the front, where you two were playing basketball in the driveway. I could already tell you were cute, even though you were covered with sweat and red in the face. I remember you stole the ball from Sam, dribbled back to the imaginary three-point line, and shot with such ease. It was nothing but net, a clear swish, and your self-pride was etched all over your face. I clapped for you; I couldn't help it. You looked up and met my gaze, surprised, and Sam turned around and motioned me over with his hand. He introduced us: me as his twin sister and you as the new kid who had also been put on the basketball team. You reached your hand out for me to shake but when you realized how sweaty you were, took it back and ran it through your curly top. You were so nervous and adorable. It was then that I realized I wanted you and had to have you.

It was torture sitting across from you at the dinner table and not having your undivided attention. My parents loved to talk and ask questions, and it seemed like that's all they did that night. But whenever there was a brief moment of silence or you were stumbling on your words, you would take a quick glance at me. My eyes were on you the whole time, and I didn't bother hiding it. I wanted you to know. I knew you wanted me too, just by those glances and that nervous grin.

I was so upset when you had to leave. My dad drove you home, and my brother went along for the ride. You said goodbye to my mother and I in the foyer. You complimented her on her cooking and thanked her for letting you come over. To me, you said that it was nice to meet me and that you hoped you would see me around. You started blushing a little because my parents were there, but your cheeks really turned red when I replied "Oh trust me, I'll make sure of that."