Status: Things may change, this is my first Pete story so please comment and tell me your opinion! :)

If the Sun Burns Out Tonight

This Feels Like Home

"It is way to cold here" I thought to myself as I walked up the steps of my moms porch in Chicago. It was snowing here and I'm not used to weather that's under 70 degrees.
We used to live in Nevada together, but she moved here by herself after my dad died in February. She grew up in Chicago and we used to visit my grandparents often.
"Effie!" she opened the door and pulled me into the tightest hug I've had in a while.
"Hey mom" I said smiling, taking in her warmth and the smell of cookies baking inside.
"Oh, come inside before you catch a cold! It's freezing!" she lead me inside to the warm hallway, taking off my coat for me.
She looked at me and smile. I missed her so much and it was great to see her face.
"You get prettier every time I see you," she said as she walked into the kitchen.
"Yeah right," I laughed "are those cookies I smell"
"Fresh out the oven, I know how you like chocolate chip" she had a plate with over two dozen cookies on it and a glass of milk.
I laughed and took one.
"Think you made enough?"
"I was just so excited to see you, I didn't pay attention to how many I made." she laughed as I took a bite. The cookie was gooey and perfect in my mouth, just like I remembered.
"I have a show tomorrow night"
"Oh I remember," she said. "I'm sure you'll do fantastic as you always did. I wish I could make it, but I have a double shift at the hospital"
I frowned, "It's fine, I'll have more. I mean I'm going to be here for the next few months."
She smiled, looking like a little kid because she was so happy I was staying.
That night my mom and I stayed up late and caught up. It was great to see her again and I was actually glad to be in Chicago.
•••
I woke up the next day, the bright light of the snow shinning into my window. I pulled my blanket up to my chin and sighed happily.
I stayed in bed for about ten minutes then got myself up and into the shower.

I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom had left a note wishing me luck for my show and saying she had left for work.

I spent the day getting my room straightened up. My show at club would be going on every Friday night for the next month so I would be here for a while. I was even thinking about staying a bit longer and doing a few more shows.

The day went by slower than expected, but at 8:00 I started to get ready and headed out for the night club in downtown Chicago.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short yes I know but I'll probably add to it. This is just sort of a draft! Please leave comments and tell me what you think!
:)
~added a bit more to the end, sorry it starting a bit slow but it will get better I promise!
PLEASE COMMENT :D