Status: Ongoing Series

Amsterdam.

IV: Acceptance

For once in a blue moon, the studio was quiet, only about 4 other people practicing for whichever reason. My feet felt heavier the closer that I got to the door, I didn't want to go in, at all. It felt like it was my first day of Kindergarten all over again. When you have that big lump in your throat kind of thing? That's how I felt. Kylie was there at the door, looking as frustrated as ever. Not that I cared or anything.

"Your so late, and your pissing me off, and I'm not the one who needs to be practicing" I knew she was mad but I could never take her seriously. She looked like a little pixie, with her short blonde hair and short build. I couldn't help but giggle, and her face went blank. "Okay, okay Kylie I'm sorry forgive me!? Please?!" I gave her the puppy eyed looked and continue on my way onto the wooden floor that covered the room, dropping my bag, and plopping down on the floor. "What are we doing today, Ky? You know I really don't want to be-" her eyes drifted over, and met mine. "Shutup shutup shutup Elisa, gosh your such a debby-downer. I would kill for an oppurtunity like this, and I know that alot of people would, now get your lazy ass up and start stretching."

"Mooooooooo." I got up as slow as ever just to annoy her, making cow noises and just being such an idiot. My legs ached, and my back was sore. I felt like crap, to go along with it. But I stretched anyways. I really needed to get into CDA. For one, my mom had always thought of me as her "ungifted child". I didn't care, we never got along really. And I was glad to be leaving when I turned 18. I hadn't talked to her in months, but I felt a sudden urge to call her and tell her that I had made it into the CDA grand auditions just to make her feel like such a idiot.

"Elisa your stretching is sucking right now!" I blinked really fast and just kept staring at her, before I spoke "I didn't ask for your opinion Ky, now what are we doing today? I've asked you like 50 times" she gave me such a arrogant little smirk, positioning my body correctly as I did the stretches. Since apparently I wasn't doing them correctly. "Were doing an arabesque, assemble, battement frappe. Yada yada, you will see Elisa, half the stuff you will already know, but we still need to incorporate new things because you never know what other people might bring to the table, yeah?" I smiled, rolling my eyes after. This was going to be a long, long day..

*****

"I'm so friggin tired" I literally was out of breath. My forehead was sweating and I seriously could've used a bit, no, ALOT of water. "Keep dancing, keep turning. It's not perfected, and it's going to be." Kylie was not letting up, and it was really annoying, but it kept me going. I had been practicing my turns for the past hour. Trying to keep my toes pointed and my legs straight. God I was going to pass out any second now. "Getting better, Elisa." Well great, thanks for finally letting me know Kylie is what I really wanted to say. "Can I stop now?" the phone was ringing, and that was MY que to stop. "You guys have a visitor at the front desk.. some guy named Emmit Johannes." I literally had no idea who that was. And at this point, dealing with how tired I was I really didn't care.

"I'll be right back, don't stop turning or I'm going to kick your ass. And keep your feet POINTED." And walah! By the time Kylie was out the door, I was on the floor. We had been practicing this whole new routine the whole day. And by now I had felt like I was getting a really bad case of, a hangover. The room just would not stop spinning. My forehead was dripping with sweat, I felt like passing out. "Elisa.. Elisa... Get up."

"Ugh, what the fu-" By the time I had fully turned around, I noticed the Emmit guy was in the room so I just stopped talking right then and there. I swear he was P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.O.N. from my perspective on the floor atleast. His eyes were a pretty shade of forest green. And his hair was a dark hazel blonde with blonde streaks, he was muscular and fit. He was almost a complete replica of Joey Graceffa. Ahhh he had to be gay. No way a guy as hot as him was straight. "Fu-...Oooh, welcome, welcome." I stood up as quickly as possible, feeling like I looked like a fricken stressed out hobo wanna be. But he didn't seem to mind, or atleast I thought so. He just smiled at me, with this smirk that made me just want to curl up in a ball and die.

"I'm Emmit Johannes, I heard you guys had openings here, for teaching..?" For some odd reason I just could not stop staring at his amazing green eyes. "Yeah..um, yeah. We totally have openings here. I wish I could stay and get you all set up and everything. I read your application a few days ago. I remember it, for sure." Shit, shit shit!!! I was leaving in just 3 days, Kylie coming with me. I was literally scared for this guy. I would have to get one of the other girls to train him. And no way in hell I was going to let him slip under their tiger claw grips. No no no. "Sounds great, 'ppreciate the opportunity, greatly..." as he spoke, I was probably still staring at him, because he seemed quite uncomfortable, probably because I was some chick he had just met, one of the top teachers at the studio and I was staring at him like he was the last of the male species on Earth.

It was quite an awkward situation I suppose, but Kylie broke it as soon as it started "Well, Emmit. I will get you set up with one of the girls as soon as possible. Elisa is leaving soon, to go to CDA, the grand auditions. I'm sure you have heard of it. And I won't be here as well, Oh and the girls, they're super-duper nice." Really Kylie, really?! I wanted to punch her in the face. She just had to tell him the other girls would train him. UGH! I probably seemed selfish but whatever if I had, had the chance to train him. My hands would be all over-. Ha.... "Yeah, I've heard of them. Very difficult to get there," a sly laugh, creeping from his mouth. His voice was deep, with a slight rasp to go with it. I had to walk away before I just said something ridiculously stupid.

*****

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" I felt like Dory from Finding Nemo. Doing all these flips, turns, and tricks. Emmit and Kylie having small talk in the front of the room. Kylie was laughing away, before bringing in one of the younger teachers, to go help him set up. I had about 3 more hours to practice and I sure wasn't look forward to it..

*****

S/N: I am thinking about doing POV, between Emmit and Elisa. So if I decide too, don't be too surprised. I feel as though their aren't many stories written in guy POV. And am really excited to do it. Elisa is still the main character. But Emmit will be brought in too. I know you guys are just being introduced to him. But it will be quite exciting, I'm excited atleast. Hope you guys are enjoying. The rest of the chapter will be posted tomorrow, I hope. <_< >_>. Regarding Emmit's POV, and you will be getting to know him more. Tankies for reading. ;D