And I'm So Naive.

right in front of me, you disappear

"K-kitty?"

I whispered, choking on my voice as I saw her hooked up to too many hospital machines. My throat closed as I collasped on the side of her bed, clutching at her hand. She didn't even whimper; I blinked the tears from my eyes and reached out to touch her bruised cheek. I could feel Matt and the rest of the boys standing there. The silence was killing me; I needed to hear her voice. I knew something would happen if we let her go, but the boys didn't listen to me; I should have followed her.

I touched her cheek and could only grow frustrated as she slept peacefully, unaware that her best friends were struggling with her being in a coma.... a coma that was all my fault.

"Kitty... wake the fuck up, r-right now.. You hear me? Wake up!"

"Jimmy..."

Someone was talking. Brian, I think. I don't care; I needed to hear her speak.

"Dakota, wake the fuck up!"

I screamed at her, shaking her as Matt and Brian's hands came to my shoulders and pulled me back from her prone form on the bed. She continued to sleep on as the tears became to stream down my face. I pushed away from the boys and ran from the room, heading for the car.