And I'm So Naive.

but i stay disconnected

My phone was buzzing. Groaning as my head refused to wake up, I grabbed it without looking and touched a button. The white fuckin' light that came from it nearly made me scream.

I shouldn't have drank that whole bottle of whiskey last night. God damn Baker!

Once the blinding light became easier to deal with, I scrolled through the few messages I had before the newest one caught my bloodshot eyes. I had missed calls from Johnny and Brian, and a few texts from Matt being his usual anal self about practise tonight. But the message that caught my eye really made me wake up. It was a message from my best friend, Kitty. Opening it I read it outloud, frowning.

"Grounded. Chores. Come over"

I sigh, and smile against the fact that all I want to do is sleep the day away. Dakota - or Kitty as I call her - and I have been friends since what feels like forever. I was in grade three when she moved to Huntington Beach and she was only in grade one. I used to pick on her, called her names and stuff but one day she retaliated against me, and we've been best friends ever since. 'will b there asap.' I sent the message and sent it off, moving slowly out of bed and onto the floor.

I was dizzy and felt like puking.

But, Kitty wanted me to come over, and she was grounded. Might as well do that!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Kitty?"

I called, poking my head in through the now open door. I had a pair of my oldest and heavily tinted aviators on; the pair that kept the sun from blinding me in my post-drunken stupor. I always carried a spare key into her house since her mom walked out on her and her father. I don't really know why I still have it, but I do. I heard her scamper from her bedroom and to the top of the stairs, and I waited just out of sight.

"Jimmy?"

She called, obviously worried that it was her father. I gave her five seconds to panic more, before I stepped out and grinned up at her.

"Kitty I'm home!"

She screamed happily when I called her name - I think she's the only one I could handle screaming like that with me - and stampeded down the stairs. Shut up. Stampeded is now a word. Kitty launched herself at me and I hugged her, only inwardly groaning since her scream only added to my headache. But I would never tell her that.

"I can't believe you showed up!"

Kitty said as I let her down and held her in my arms. We were more like siblings - well, as least thats how everyone said we acted - and she reached up and pulled my sunglasses off my face. I waited for the shocked looked, but instead I only got a look.

"C'mon, you can sleep in my room."

She took my hand and lead me up the stairs into her room. I love Kitty's room; it's a nice pale pink with very white dressers, a desk and a solid oak bedframe which her granddad made for her. I collapsed onto Dakota's bed and gathered her pillows behind my head, drawing the covers over my body. She sat at my feet and patted my leg, making me smile at her. I could admit to liking a pink room - Kitty had great taste and it showed. People were still surprised that we hung out; me being the rocker bad ass that no one liked, and Kitty being the almost-cheerleader with a bad dad.

"Water and an aspirin?"

She asked kindly, and I nodded, rolling onto my side as I cuddled into her fluffy as fuck pillows. She stood and leaned over, giving me a small kiss on the cheek. God she was such a mother hen when I came over hungover as fuck. She left me and as she left, I closed my eyes, already beginning to fall asleep in her comfortable bed.

When she came back I'm a hundred percent certain that she found me asleep.