The Phoenix

Flashback

Chapter 1

Patrick Stump was sitting back stage at the venue his band was playing at. They weren’t due to be on stage until ten pm. Panic! At The Disco were playing several songs from their new album. It was still early.

Patrick’s band mates were off doing their own things. Peter “Pete” Wentz was hanging out with his son, Bronx.
Joseph “Joe” Trohman was out by their tour bus, smoking and talking with his current girlfriend, and Andrew “Andy” Hurley was… well Andy was some where in the area.

For some reason or another, the fearless leader was feeling oddly depressed. He never got depressed; he was Patrick fucking Stump for goodness sakes!

He paused there for a second before starting his thought process again.

Then why was he feeling as if he was forgetting something really important?

He didn’t move until his phone rang which had caused him to jump.
He answered it nervously as if he was anticipating the call

Patrick: Hello this Patrick speaking
Caller: Good evening Mr. Stump.

At this Patrick froze. He could literally feel his blood run cold.
No he thought as he went back to the call.

Patrick: Youngblood (he speaks to his caller stiffly)
Youngblood: I have something that belongs to you boy.
Patrick: How could you possibly have something that belongs….

He was cut off by muffled scream that he could barely hear.

Youngblood: When was the last time you spoke to your brother, Stump?

Patrick hung up on Youngblood and began pacing. Something felt wrong to him, like there was something that he was forgetting; something that was important.

His phone rang again. This time he checked the caller id.
It was an unknown number, but he had a feeling he needed to take this call.

Patrick: Hello, this is Patrick Stump.
Caller: Hey Patrick it’s Lexi Finn. Its them and they have Kevin!

Patrick froze.
It couldn’t be.

Patrick: Finn, what’s going on in Chicago?
Finn: Its them and they found out about the prophecy.

His friend sounded panicky.

Patrick: Lexi why are you calling from a pay phone? Where is your cell phone?
Finn: They bugged my phone somehow.
Patrick: Fuck. Look give me a number that I can call you back at ok.

His friend muttered a number and quickly said good-bye.

Patrick glanced up at the clock.
It was quarter to eight. Some how he had wasted three hours doing nothing.
Patrick shook his head and held up his right hand. He flashed back to when he had first seen the symbol of the bird on his hand.

Flashback to 1996
12 year old Patrick Stump felt a burning sensation on his right hand as he glanced down at it. There was a bird made of flames on it. He knew it had always been there but it had been faded until now.

His mother had told him that this would happen to him.

“Mom!” Patrick cried as he ran for his house.

After reaching his house, he wrenched the front door open.

"Mom!" he cried as he let the door slam shut behind him.

"Kitchen sweetie" *Mrs. Stump* said.

Patrick ran for her.

"What is it Tricky? Why aren't you at Pete's house?" she asked as she knelt down to his level.

Patrick was short for 12 years old and only stood at 4ft and 2inches in height. Thus earning the nickname "Shorty".

"This is why I am not over at Pete's, mom" Patrick said holding up a slightly swollen right hand.

Mrs. Stump froze.

This wasn't suppose to happen....at least not yet anyway. He was too young to know about them, hell he wasn't even suppose to have the symbol yet.

She was gonna have to make him leave his home in order to save him.

Mrs. Stump continued to stare at her son's hand.

"Mommy" Patrick whispered. Clearly he was frightened of his mom's catatonic state.

"Tricky, go upstairs and pack your over night bags" his mom said just as their door bell rang.

"Shit" she whispered.

"Trick go! Forget your bags sweetheart! Patrick! I need you to run, don't look back and most importantly find your older brother, Kevin, he will help you" Mrs. Stump said as she shoved her terrified, 12 year old son out the back door.

"Mommy?" Patrick questioned teary eyed.

"Patrick go! Get out of here! Don't let him get you!" she shouted at him before shutting the door in her son's face.

Shouts started a second later causing the scared boy to bolt.

That would be the last time he saw his mom and let alone speak to her for a long time.

End of Flashback

"Shit!" Patrick said as he came out of his flashback.

The Youngblood family had been after him (mostly him though) and his friends, since they had left Chicago in '96.

The four boys hadn't step foot in Chicago for the last 17 years.

Now it was time to go back.

Patrick paled as he remembered who he had forgotten.

"Kevin" he whispered to himself as he picked up his phone.

He dialed a number and waited for the person to pick up.

"It's time to go back home"
♠ ♠ ♠
*Mrs. Stump*- I know Patrick's parents are divorce but in this story, Mr. Stump is dead. He was killed 9 months before Patrick was born. So in order to honor her husbands memory, she kept his last name but like Patrick she dropped the "H"

I don't own YoungBlood because the name is mentioned in a song (The Phoenix) off Fall Out Boys' new record, Save Rock and Roll.

I do own Lexi Finn.