Gun Moll

Playin' with fire and daddy's gun

Once I’m done getting ready, I head downstairs to the lobby with just enough time left. As I wait for Giselle, I pace back and forth in front of the elevator, only stopping every time I hear the ding of an elevator; hoping to see Giselle. Each time I’m disappointed, I go back to pacing.

“Dom will you stop?” Richard asks with an annoyed tone; snapping me out of my thoughts of Lacey, “you’re going to were a hole in the floor.”

“I’m sorry, just nervous.” I admit to him, earning a smirk from the old man.

“Nervous about your date with Giselle?” He asks, the smirk never faltering. “Or does this have anything to do with Lacey being here?”

“Maybe a bit of both.” I mutter before taking a pack of cigarettes out of my pocket. “Tell Giselle to meet me outside when you see her. I need a smoke.” Richard simply nods his head as I walk away, lighting the cancer stick as soon as I get outside.

I inhale the nicotine before slowly exhaling as my mind keeps going back to my ex. To say Lacey messed me up would be an understatement. She used me and then left me to pick up the mess she made. No one in my family really has trusted me since. And now that she’s back, I can only imagine what she’s after this time.

I’m so consumed with my thoughts, I almost didn’t hear heels clapping against the concrete. I felt a hand on my arm -briefly- before Giselle appears before me. My jaw drops slightly when I look at her. She looks gorgeous; like a classic kind of gorgeous.

“You’re staring.” She points out, a smirk pulling on her red lips. “Do I look that bad?”

“You look amazing.” I tell her, “you’re gorgeous.”

“It’s not too much is it?” She asks, looking at her tight black lace dress. “Or is it not enough?”

“You look fine.” I assure her, offering my arm, “shall we paint the town red?”

She simply smiles before taking my arm. I smile at her once more before we walk towards my car. Being a gentleman, I open the passenger door for her; closing it once she’s inside. As I walk around to the drive side, I notice a moving van parked at the curb. Standing by the van -barking orders as usual- stands Lacey. She looks at me, waving a bit as a smirk appears on her lips. I shake my head before getting in the car.

“Who was that?” Giselle asks, pointing to Lacey.

I just smile and look at her, “no one important; just someone moving into the building.” She smiles and nods her head; accepting the information I just told her. “Now let’s get something to eat, I’m starving…”

Giselle

“How was work?” Dominic asks as the waiter pours red wine into the glasses in front of us.

“Work was fine,” I tell him, “but finding out what my brother is about to do for love worried me.”

“Maybe he really loves this girl.” Dominic suggests, “does there have to be an ulterior motive?”

“Maybe not but I don’t trust this girl.” I sigh, “I probably wouldn’t be so worried if I knew something about her. I guess I just fear the unknown.”

“Sometimes the unknown is what’s so exciting.” Dominic smiles.

“I knew it!” I exclaim, “you are a serial killer. That’s why you’re so mysterious.”

“You caught me.” He chuckles, “I am a serial killer and I have you falling right into your place. I plan on wining and dining you before taking you home and killing you.”

“You’re really sarcastic,” I note with a smirk, “I like that.”

“You’d be the first girl to admit to that.” He informs me, “apparently I’m too sarcastic for my own good.”

“That makes two of us then.” I giggle, “my mom hated talking to me growing up because everything I said to her was sarcastic. Apparently I get it from my dad.”

“You never met him?” He asks, in a soft, cautious tone.

“He passed away when I was 8 but even before then I never really knew him.” I reply, “he was always away on business or some bullshit story like that. My mom would always complain about him to me and my sister. She would always vent out her relationship problems to us. It didn’t bother Ester, but it bothered me. That’s probably the reason why I’m so cynical when it comes to love.”

“All of us guys aren’t bad,” Dominic tells me, “someday you’ll find a guy that’ll treat you right and you’ll forget all your mother’s problems.”

“Maybe.” I smile before picking up my glass of wine and sipping it.

“Trust me, you’ll find him.” He assures me, “he maybe closer than you think.”

“You’re not talking about yourself, are you?” I ask, chuckling a bit.

He just laughs as he shakes his head, “you I’m not.” He replies, “you’re a beautiful girl but you don’t want to end up with someone like me. It’ll end tragic.”

“You don’t seem like a bad guy.” I point out, “you’ve got your life figured out. You have an awesome job, a nice car and you live in a nice apartment building. Why would ending up with you be so tragic?”

“The mystery part of me.” He replies, “the side of me I don’t want you -or anybody for that matter- to know about.”

“The unknown is what’s so exciting.” I smirk, earning a playful glare from him.

“You’re using my words against me, I see.” He chuckles, “not bad Giselle.”

“I’m the queen of using words against people.” I admit, “probably why I got into journalism. I figured I would be able to use people’s words against them and change the world. So much for that dream.”

“Don’t give up hope just yet.” he tells me, “I’m sure there are going to be some interesting stories coming your way really soon…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Giselle
Dominic

chapter title credit: Wear Me Out by Skylar Grey

Thoughts on the new banner? Too vintage feeling? Should I do something more modern?

comment&subscribe?