Gun Moll

And who knew I'd find an angel,

“Wow didn’t know Giselle actually owned a black hoodie.” Vincent laughs as I walk into his apartment with Maggie right by my side. “They really won’t be able to recognize you on the security cameras.”

“Why is it so hard to believe I own hoodies?” I laugh, “I’m not dressed up 24/7.”

“Well none of us have seen you dressed down,” Maggie points out. “Has Dominic seen you dressed down?”

“Maybe.” I say, trying to avoid the question by being a touch vague.

“Oh my God he has!” Maggie exclaims, loudly. “When? Have you guys slept together?”

“When we first met, which is probably why I’m so comfortable around him, “I reply to her first question. “And no, we haven’t slept together.”

“Yet!” Maggie adds, laughing. “You guys will though. I can see it now.”

“Who is this Dominic guy anyway?” Vincent asks, slipping a black hoodie over his head.

“Dominic Starling, a guy that lives in my building.” I reply. “He was my first real friend here; well besides you guys anyway. Why?”

“You said his last name was Starling, right?” He asks, looking extremely worried.

“Yea, why?” My eyebrow is raised questioningly.

“You have no idea who his father is, do you?”

“Besides being an asshole?” I question, “no I don’t know much. I’m not originally from around here, remember? Plus Dom hates talking about his parents; especially his dad. From what I gathered, they don’t have a loving relationship. Why are you asking me all of this?”

“What Vincent is trying to say that Dominic may or may not be involved with the local Italian Mob.” Maggie blurts out. “My father has been a cop for years and a good chunk of those years he spent trying to put Robert Starling behind bars. He was never able to pin him to any of his crimes. The man is untouchable.”

“So you guys think Dom’s involved? I ask, almost afraid to know the answer. Dread fills my veins.

“Most likely.” Vincent is the one to reply; bitter and cold, but straight to the point. “But I wouldn’t worry about is Gee. If he truly likes you, he wouldn’t put you in any kind of danger. Ever.”

“He did mention that if we ended up together, it’ll end tragically.” I sigh, shaking my head. “But for now, that’s not important. What is important is finding out what Brad is hiding. Let’s break into The Gazette.”

“Never thought I’d heard those words come out of Giselle Darling’s mouth.” Vincent laughs. “I’m so proud of you.”

I just roll my eyes as the three of us head out of Vincent’s apartment. Soon we begin our walk towards the office. Thank God I didn’t wear heels.

Dominic

I’ve been trying to call Giselle all night. It’s not like her to have her phone off and that worries me. After the fifth time it went to voicemail, I head down to her apartment. In hopes she’ll be home; safe. But after three knocks and a solid ten minutes of waiting; it was clear she wasn’t home. A worried feeling washes over me.

“Girlfriend not home?” A familiar voice says behind me. I turn around and see Lacey standing there wearing her usual attire; tight red dress and a pair of black stilettos that’ll make any stripper jealous.

“What have you done?” I ask, grabbing her and throwing her up against Giselle’s door. A laugh escapes Lacey’s lips,

“I haven’t done anything, Dom.” A smirk dances on her red painted lips. “Have you tried going down to The Gazette? She might still be working.”

“Why would she be there?” I ask, glaring at the woman in front of me.

“A good journalist is always working Dom, remember?” She before stealing a kiss. Pulling away I see that the smirk never falters. “She’s just like me, you’ll learn soon enough.”

Without thinking, I run to the elevators; I’ve got to know what Lacey means and then to prove her wrong. Giselle is nothing like her…

Giselle

“It can’t be.” I whisper in shock. “Dom can’t be involved, he can’t be. He’s too nice!”

“This could be the story that makes our careers,” Vincent murmurs, “this is Pulitzer Prize stuff.”

“We’re not going to make our careers working on a story that’ll expose the guy Gee loves.” Maggie says, smacking Vincent upside the head.

“Why not?” I ask, still stunned with the information I found. “We can expose Brad, the paper, Dominic’s family at the same time. This is the story of the century.”

“You sure you want to do this?” Maggie questions. “If he finds out, you can end up just like his last girlfriend.”

“He’ll never suspect a thing.” I confidently say. “I already love him so unlike his last girlfriend, I won’t have to act. I’ll be able to gain his trust faster than she did.”

“You sure you want to do this?” Maggie asks again. “This might make our careers but you like this guy, remember? Don’t let this get in between you two.”

“Keeping this from me hurt,” I state. “Why would he do this?”

“To protect you?” Maggie suggests. “I may not know the guy. But that seems like something he’d do. Especially if he liked you back.”

“Maybe but why not tell me what was going on?”

“You work for The Gazette and a you're a journalist; you love to snoop.” Vincent shrugs. “But let’s worry about him later, let’s just get out of here.”

Maggie and I nod before following Vincent out of the building. Once we get outside, I see Dominic’s Mustang parked in the alleyway. Dominic gets out of the car with a surprised look on his face.

“What are you doing here?” He asks. “I’ve been trying to to call you all night. And why are you wearing that?” He points to my very dressed down outfit.

“I was about to go to bed but remembered the article that’s due tomorrow so I quickly got dressed before calling these two to come down here with me.”

“How did you get down here?” He asks, looking for a car.

“Maggie picked me up.” It wasn’t a lie. She really did pick me up tonight. “But why are we suddenly playing 21 questions?” My eyebrow raises. I know why he’s most likely acting weird. I just want him to tell me.

“N-no reason.” He stutters out. “Need a ride home?” Quick subject change.

I share a glance with Maggie and Vincent before looking over at Dominic, smiling. “Of course. I’d love a ride home..”

**

“So what was the big important story about?” He asks once both of us are in the car, on our way back home.

“Parking tickets.” I chuckle. It’s not a lie. I do have a story on that topic due tomorrow, I just had it done since before lunch.

“Exciting.” He laughs. “So what are you up to tomorrow night? Think we could go out on a date? Dinner? Dancing? A Night out on the town?”

Instead of answering his question, I feel myself unable to hold in something. “Why didn’t you tell me you are apart of the Italian mob?” Everything spews out like word vomit. Dominic doesn’t say anything as we arrive at a red light. He just looks at me, stunned...
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit: Watching You by Natalia Kills

Dom
Giselle

comment&subscribe?