Gun Moll

All the noise disappears

Giselle

“Come on, it usually doesn’t take you this long to get ready!” I hear Dominic yell from the living room. I roll my eyes as I put on my make up. My hair is the only thing done and I have yet to find the “perfect” dress. I haven’t see Mark in over six years. I want to show him I grew up and I’m not the same little sister that annoyed him when she was younger by following him like a lost puppy.

“I haven’t seen Mark since my high school graduation,” I yell to Dominic. “I want to prove I’ve grown up. I don’t want him to see me as that little girl he always had to bail out of whatever trouble she got herself into.”

“And you think a dress is going to say that about you?” His voice is closer and I hear my bedroom door open. I peek out and see Dominic walking into my room, closing the door behind him.

“An outfit can say a lot about a person.” I shrug.

“Finish your makeup and I’ll pick out your dress,” he tells me. I open my mouth to protest but he cuts me off… laughing. “Don’t worry, I won’t make you look like an expensive call girl.”

I can’t help but to smile, “I trust you. Don’t make me regret it though.” He just smiles as I go back to doing my makeup.

“We need some music in this place.” He states and seconds later, The Vincent Black Shadows fills the rooms. I just chuckle before going back to doing my eyeshadow…

**
Dominic

“Are you ready yet?” I call to Giselle as I sit on the couch, bored out of my mind. “We’re going to be late!”

“I think I’m ready now.” I hear her say as she walks out into the living room. My jaw drops as I get a look at her. I know I picked the dress but I didn’t think she’d look this stunning in it.

“Wow,” I breathlessly say, “you look amazing.”

“Thank you,” she smiles as she walks up to me. “I had help from a completely fashionable guy.” I just laugh as she fixes my tie. “Is it weird that I’m nervous for this dinner? I mean, I know I shouldn’t be because he’s my brother but I don’t know. I’m really nervous about this.”

“Don’t worry about it, Giselle, you’ll be fine.” I assure her. “And if things do go south, I’ll make an escape plan for us.”

“Thank you so much for coming tonight,” she tells me. “I owe you so much for this; I don’t even know where to begin with paying you back.”

“How about we go out on a real date?” I suggest, “not going to dinner as friends. I mean an actual date where I try and woo you with champagne and fine dining.” Her cheeks turn a soft pink color and a smile appears on her lips,

“I think I could do that.” She replies, kissing my cheek. “But let’s get through this dinner first before we go planning another in the near future.”

It’s my turn to smile, “deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Only Thing I Hear by Skylar Grey

Giselle
Dominic

comment&subscribe?