Status: Formerly 'The Path of Self Destruction.' Sorry, I changed the name again ;p

Even the Sun Sets in Paradise

'But You're Not Alone Anymore'

My heart was thumping as I got off the train and wandered nervously along the platform. It was a Saturday morning on a boiling hot day, and Brighton Station was flooded with people. I headed towards the exit, dragging my suitcase along behind me as I searched for the familiar face of my auntie.
“Jenna!” a voice called behind me. I turned around to see my auntie rushing towards me.
“Auntie Julie!” I cried, a smile lighting up my face. She took me in her arms and held me there for a minute or so, before taking my suitcase and leading me to her car. The house was a fifteen minute drive from the station. We caught up on how we’d been and what had been going on, making small talk about the weather and such, before the conversation became more serious.
“Look, you’ve been through a hell of a lot recently and I’m so sorry you’ve had to put up with all of this, but you’re not alone anymore. We’re all here to help you move on from it and make a new start.” I flinched as excruciatingly painful memories came flooding back.
“Thank you, I can’t thank you enough for letting me move in with you guys.”
“You don’t need to thank us. We’re the closest family you have so it’s our duty to look after you. Besides, you’re a lovely girl and we love having you here. You promise me though, if you’re ever feeling upset or worried or you just need someone to talk to, you’ll come and find me yeah?” I nodded quickly, indescribably grateful for everything they were doing for me. I knew I’d spend the rest of my life owing them.

The black BMW came to a stop outside the huge white stone house that I’d visited several times before, but couldn’t quite accept was my home now. My uncle Dave emerged from inside and opened the door, helping me out of the car. I’d always got on with my uncle. He was one of the few men that I wasn’t terrified of.
“Good morning madam,” he said, putting on a posh accent as he helped me out of the car. I laughed, heading to the boot of the car to get my suitcase.
“Let me take that for you, my lady,” he offered, grabbing my things and rushing into the house.
“That man does worry me,” Auntie Julie laughed as she took my arm and led me inside. It was cool inside; a relief from being stuck on the stuffy train all morning.
“You must be hungry, do you want me to make you a sandwich or some pasta, or would you like a bag of crisps?” Auntie Julie asked.
“Just a glass of water please,” I said, forcing a smile. I noticed her and Dave exchange worried glances, and it made me feel uncomfortable.
“Jenna!” a familiar voice called. I looked up to see a tired looking Ellis rushing down the stairs.
“Ellis,” I smiled, trying to sound enthusiastic as he grabbed me in his arms and span me round in circles. I found it hard to talk to people, no matter how much how much I cared about them.
“How are you hun?” he asked excitedly.
“I’m okay thanks, you?”
“I’m good.” Ellis was my cousin. He was nineteen; four years older than me but we got on amazingly well. He was one of the few people I trusted.
“Ellis, show her where her room is, would you,” Julie instructed.
“Will do,” he grinned, grabbing my suitcase and leading me up the stairs. The house was huge but I knew my way round fairly well. There were five spare rooms. From what I could remember, one was a games room, one was a study, one was a mini gym and two were guest bedrooms. I wondered which room would be mine. Ellis led me along the corridor and up the next flight of stairs, which obviously meant my bedroom would be the second guest bedroom, what used to be the attic but was since converted.
“This is your room,” he smiled, opening the bedroom door and setting my suitcase down in the corner. I gasped; the room had been redecorated since I last visited…and it looked gorgeous. The walls were painted an olive colour, except for one wall that had wallpaper patterned with a book shelf. My auntie knew me too well. The furniture was white and modern, and the bedspread and curtains were an olive colour too. The carpet was crisp white, and twinkling fairy lights hung over the whole thing. It felt like something out of a movie.
“Wow, this is amazing,” I exclaimed.
“Really? I thought it was a bit over the top,” he laughed.
“I think it’s perfect, did your mum do all this?”
“Yeah, she wanted your room to be special. But that’s not all – there’s an en suite over there and a walk in wardrobe.” I screamed, rushing over to double doors that led into a wardrobe fit for a supermodel.
“She didn’t buy you any clothes because she wasn’t sure what you’d like, but she said she’ll take you shopping tomorrow,” Ellis explained.
“Bless her,” I smiled, overwhelmed by her generosity.
“I almost forgot, how’s After Dark doing?” Ellis and his friends were in a rock band called After Dark. They were currently only doing local gigs, but now they’d all finished their A-levels, they were desperate to make it big. Ellis was the drummer in the band.
“Oh yeah, we got a recording contract!” he cried.
“Are you serious?” I gasped.
“Yeah, we’re going to the studio in a few weeks.”
“I can’t believe it,” I screamed, “Well done, you must be so happy.”
“Yeah, by the way, dad’s going on a business trip in a couple of days, and mum’s going with him, so we’re having a house party to celebrate. Don’t tell them though.” I laughed. Ellis was always fooling his parents, but they always found out in the end. One time, he stayed out past his curfew, hoping his parents wouldn’t notice. Well, they quickly discovered he was missing and rang the police.
“Good luck them not finding out,” I joked as I opened up my suitcase and started to unpack.
“It’ll be fine,” he assured, “Anyway, I’ll leave you to unpack and stuff, let me know if you need anything.”
“Okay, thanks,” I smiled, nodding as he left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a few ideas for this one, but I'm not too sure where it's going so let me know what you want to happen. Subscribers, recs and comments motivate me guys <3

Thank you for reading

Ella xxx