Status: Formerly 'The Path of Self Destruction.' Sorry, I changed the name again ;p

Even the Sun Sets in Paradise

'There's Something You Haven't Told Me'

As I walked through the school gates with Mel that Friday, I was actually relieved to be back at school. After a week off and still no signs of recovery, Auntie Julie had finally given in and allowed me back into school. Despite still feeling queasy, I’d stopped throwing up and I was sick and tired of being stuck in the house. Julie was now doubly worried I had some incurable disease as she was absolutely sure a sickness bug wouldn’t last this long. She even sat me down and gave me a serious talk about how it could be some sort of STD, after everything that had happened, but I assured her that, as embarrassing as it was, I had been tested for anything like that. She then went on to ask if I was pregnant, which made me cringe even more. Did she really think I’d do that though? I was fifteen, and thanks to George, intimacy of any kind with a guy scared the hell out of me. I just hoped the test results wouldn’t take too long to come through because Julie was really panicking, and I guess I was starting to panic too.

Last lesson that day was Personal Development. I didn’t mind it too much, and thankfully, some last minute changes to my timetable meant I was in the same class as Mel.
“I’m so happy you’re back,” Mel grinned, “It’s been like so boring, I had to hang out with Brad and Shontelle and all them lot.” I laughed, finding it funny that the majority of people in our class would kill to hang out with Brad and Shontelle, pretty much the most popular people in school.
“Aha, I’m sorry,” I smirked, “I’m glad to be back though to be honest.” There was a knock on the door, and I turned to see Miss Jonas.
“Can I speak to Jenna please?” she asked, and our teacher nodded. I sighed, getting out of my seat and heading towards the door, instantly worried what was going on.
“Am I in trouble?” I asked, once we were sat in her classroom.
“No, course not, should you be?” she joked, eyeing me suspiciously and I forced a laugh, although I was still worried what this was about.
“I just wanted to speak to you about some things.”
“Okay, what things?” I asked nervously.
“Obviously, you’ve been through a lot, and there’s no way that could have been easy for you.” I shrugged, sinking into my chair, hoping it would swallow me up.
“You seem to have become very close with Mel?”
“Well yeah, she’s really nice,” I smiled, my face lighting up.
“Good, does she know about what happened?” I shook my head quickly.
“No one knows, and I want to keep it that way,” I said firmly.
“That’s fine, Jenna I’m on your side,” she smiled warmly, and I relaxed slightly, “I’m obviously not going to tell anyone, I’m simply making sure you’re alright. Has anyone got suspicious about it?”
“Yeah,” I sighed, “I guess I am pretty worried about that. People keep asking questions, especially with my cousin’s band getting the recording contract, everyone kinda knows who I am now.”
“Are you happy After Dark have got the contract?”
“Of course I am, they’re the nicest people in the world and they deserve it, it just kinda makes me more…known.”
“So you’re close to the band then?” she asked, trying to lighten the conversation.
“Well yeah, Ellis is obviously my cousin, and he’s maybe the only guy I trust one hundred per cent. Rowan is like so sweet and he’s gay, so…don’t have to worry there,” I laughed, trying to make a joke to lighten the mood, “Even Cyrus is funny.”
“Great,” Miss Jonas smiled, “And you’ve been off all week, was it just a bug or what?”
“I don’t know really, I went to the doctors and had a blood test and stuff, I’ve just gotta wait a while for the results to come back.”
“Oh,” she gasped, “That sounds kinda serious.”
“Don’t, you sound like my Auntie,” I laughed, “Nah, I’m hoping it is just a bug or something.”
“Yeah, I’m sure it will be,” she smiled reassuringly, “Now do you want me to talk to Mel about it or would you rather not for now? She’s a lovely girl and I’ve never had any problems with her. I know she wouldn’t tell anyone.”
“I know, but I think I’ll be alright, it’s in the past now so she doesn’t need to know.”
“Okay, that’s fine, I just wondered if people are getting suspicious, and I know she’s good with things like that, so she’d be good at making excuses. But seriously, there’s no pressure or anything, I just want whatever you think is best.”
I nodded. “I’ll think about it,” I decided.

When I got home that night, Auntie Julie was sitting alone on the sofa, a solemn look on her face.
“Are you alright?” I asked, suddenly feeling worried.
“I had your test results today,” she sighed, a strange look on her face. I couldn’t work out if it was sadness or shock, maybe even despair, but whatever it was, it wasn’t a positive one.
“Oh God, you’re scaring me now,” I gasped, my legs turning to jelly beneath me. A thousand thoughts rushed through my head, as I panicked about what could possibly have happened. Was I sick? Like really sick?!
“Jenna, there’s something you haven’t told me,” Julie frowned, her eyes filling with tears.
“What?” I stammered, racking my brains. I hadn’t kept anything from her, not intentionally anyway. What could possibly be so bad she was tearing up? Oh God, this had to be bad. I felt so awkward and uncomfortable. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, my heart beating so fast I could hear it. I felt tears of terror cloud my eyes, as I knew something terrible awaited me.
“What’s going on Jenna?” she asked calmly, looking me straight in the eye.
“I don’t know! You’re not telling me anything,” I whined, crying pathetically like a little child.
“Please explain this to me,” she begged, a troubled expression on her face.
“Please explain this to me,” I whimpered.
“I don’t know what the hell’s been going on with you. I don’t know if something’s happened with George or if it was someone else but I’m completely lost.” Alarm bells rang in my head at the mention of his name.
“So am I!” I cried, feeling like I could explode with panic and frustration. My head hurt with all the horrible thoughts rushing through my mind. With each painful second, I became more and more worried, adding more to the list of incurable diseases I’d started to form in my brain. Just as I felt ready to faint, Auntie Julie said the only thing I was not expecting to hear.

“Jenna, you’re pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
BOOM!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I've been super busy and I hope this chapter makes up for it.

Love you all lots <3

Ella xxx