Status: Formerly 'The Path of Self Destruction.' Sorry, I changed the name again ;p

Even the Sun Sets in Paradise

'I Haven't Really...Been Honest With You'

Mel stayed over that night, because we both felt bad, and needed cheering up. I wasn’t angry at Mel, how could she possibly think I was? The only person in the wrong was me for not telling her sooner, but she didn’t see it that way. I was just relieved that we were friends again. I thought it would be weird now she knew absolutely everything about me, but it wasn’t weird in the slightest. She understood that I was trying to put it behind me, so she asked what she wanted to know and then we forgot about it and carried on like normal. It was the best feeling in the world knowing that she knew everything about me, but didn’t judge me even the tiniest bit. I felt like I finally had someone that understood me perfectly, and it was the most relieved I’d felt in ages.

Once Mel had gone home, Auntie Julie and I did some baking, and then the guys came round. I couldn’t help but keep going on about the party. The fact that I was pregnant and had no idea as to who the father was unnerved me a great deal. Surely someone must have noticed who I was with, or the father himself could at least have called me. I was getting so worked up over it, but I guess that’s the natural reaction when something like that happens to you. It was horrendous to think that maybe I did get raped…but it seemed there was no other option. I was freaking out, and it took all my effort to remain calm. The guys dragged me out to the beach that evening, in a desperate attempt to take my mind off it. We had a nice barbecue, and I actually had a good time, but as the sun went down, it begun to get chilly.
“Have my jacket,” Layton muttered, taking off his jacket and wrapping it round my shoulders.
“Thanks,” I choked, unable to believe that Layton had, not only acknowledged my existence, but also showed a sign of affection. I didn’t know he had it in him, but I guess there’s a first for everything.
“What’s got into you?” Cyrus chuckled. Layton shrugged, frowning as he looked awkwardly down at the ground.
“She’s pregnant isn’t she,” he mumbled, and the guys all exchanged confused looks, shocked at his sudden change in character.
“Jen, you look freezing, do you want me to drive you home?” Ellis offered.
“No, it’s fine, I don’t wanna drag you away,” I said, forcing a smile. I was always dragging Ellis away from his friends, and I felt bad doing it any more than I had to.
“I’ll drive you home,” Layton said expressionlessly, “I was gonna go to the shop anyway.”
“Are you…sure?” I asked, beginning to think I must be dreaming.
“Yeah, come on,” he smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

“Looks like we’re just in time,” Layton chuckled, drops of rain falling as we got into the car.
“Yeah,” I smiled, “Thank you so much for this; I hate the rain and the dark.” I shivered.
“You’re such a girl,” he joked, cracking a shy smile, and I decided he had a nice smile.
“What’s with the sudden change of heart?” I asked, unable to contain my curiosity. He exhaled sharply, another nervous smile playing on his lips.
“What?” I persisted, a look of confusion on my face.
“I don’t know,” he shrugged, running his fingers through his hair.
“Yeah you do,” I begged.
“I need to tell you something,” he said, his voice suddenly turning serious.
“What’s that?” I panicked, my heart skipping a beat. He pulled over onto a quiet, dimly lit lane, killing the engine, and then quickly locking all the doors. The rain was pounding outside, and it was really dark now, but Layton’s peculiar behaviour terrified me more than anything. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach, and I wanted to run, but I didn’t know where to. I felt trapped and claustrophobic and scared, and judging by the look on Layton’s face, it was about to get a hundred times worse.
“Layton, what’s going on?” I cried, tears slipping down my cheeks, “You’re scaring me.”
“Don’t be scared,” he gasped, a look of concern in his eyes as he carefully wiped my tears, leaving me on a rollercoaster of emotions.
“I haven’t really…been honest with you,” he sighed, unable to look me in the eye.
“What do you mean?” I whimpered, as the wind whipped around the car.
“I don’t really know how to say this.”
“Say what?!”
“You’re gonna think I’m an absolute dick; you’re not gonna speak to me again.”
“Layton, just fucking tell me!” I cried, my heart beat getting faster by the second. I had all sorts going through my mind. What the hell had he done that was bad enough to make me never want to see him again?
“I know I shouldn’t have done it, but I swear I didn’t know you were Ellis’s cousin…or that you were this young. I could fucking go to prison for this. Jenna, I’m the baby’s dad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh cliffhanger ;p WERE YOU GUYS EXPECTING THAT?

33 subscribers, please help me get 40 :D I love every one of you guys for reading this, thank you so much <3

Ella xxx